URL Presents: Conceited Freestyle

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by tha sinner, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

The difference is Con never switched his style from nerd to thug like Illmac did. At least Con is consistent.
    test
  2. hiphopanimal

hiphopanimal Member

I don't get it EG. You hate on GT rappers so much but you have one decent performance. Why is this cat getting 500,000 views and shit? He must be doing something right. I'm not stupid. I have a degree from a fine academic institution. I'd rather watch a Conceited battle than a GTMW or GTFL battle uploaded.

The sniggering comment was tongue-in-cheek.
    test
  3. illastrate1

illastrate1 Member

His guntalk is no more fictional than 9DM's horrorcore shit or some A-Class "i'll shove my sushi roll up your girl's coochie hole" type shit. It really is based on preference, but I enjoy listening to different types of battlers. It's why Hollow is so respected, cause he can come from so many different angles.
    test
  4. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

illmac is the definition of a wigger he left his homies for the sandpeople illmac is a low life piece of shit diz called him out on it and illmac looked like a bitch

conceited molly whopped his frail ass...you could divide con's 3rd round into 3 segments and have him spit those 3 segments as three rounds and he still wouldve beat illmac
    test
  5. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

thats why when u talk dat tough talk i never feel ya, u sound real good and you play the part well, but the energy u givin off is so unfamiliar... i don't feel ya...

^^^
    how i feel bout rappers like conceited. jus cnt feel them, even in battles ya get me
    test
  6. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

con was a text rapper. how is that not nerdy?
    test
  7. BinoSWI

ayo hate on justin bieber all u want but he gets views... grindtime wud feel BLESSED to hav him show up at an event... hate on what he about all u want, the k's on his videos disagree... HE MUST B GETTIN VIEWS FOR A REASON YA FEEL ME
    test
  8. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

why do i have to explain this? there's a difference between SAYING OUTLANDISH SHIT NOBODY ACTUALLY BELIEVES and saying "I SHOOT GUNS" when you are actually trying to make people believe that.

wtf is "nerd" and "thug" i swear you guys are absolute morons. illmac went from doing battle rap type shit + real songs about life to just talking about real songs about life with much less battle rap. go listen to kicks to the hat and tell me if he's somehow a thug. saying shit like "im in the oven with an apron ITS CRACK" is not saying he's some coke cooking chef (which oddly enough is exactly what con is saying"

god stupid people piss me off. so its cool to have a totally FAKE persona for years and years but when someone naturally progresses and changes over the course of 6+ years he's some fake clown?

who gives a fuck about my performances? yeah im sure you have a degree from a FINE ACADEMIC INSTITUTION when you can't spell sniggering. no it wasn't tongue in cheek you are just a moron.

i explain why he gets 500k views.

1) the market for glock rap is much bigger than standard GT shit
    2) there are more stupid people watching battles than smart ones
    3) stupid people like simple lines they can understand, that's all con does
    4) he has a cool persona and people like him

im fine with that, more power to em. he should put out a CD to capitalize off this.
    test
  9. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

dude but i mean 9DM is a big dude, he probably could kick a lot of ass and he's rather intimidating when he's screaming in ur face. A-class i won't comment on. haha

what im saying is that his image that he puts up his corny as hell cause I IN NO WAY BUY THAT SHIT. I believe that goodz is from the hood, i BELIEVE hollow, conceited says gun rhyme after gun rhyme and talks about being hardbodied when i know he's not. i'm not saying the i dislike the guy as a human im just saying i think he's corny. not everyone can pull off the guntalk street gutter style, and someone who is SHORTER than illmac and skinny as all hell certainly aint the candidate.
    test
  10. hiphopanimal

hiphopanimal Member

Where did I spell sniggering wrong? Enlighten me.

You're a fuckin' loser man. You have 35,000 posts on an internet forum. You fail at life. You called anybody that enjoys a Conceited battle stupid and I countered with my comment about academic institutions.

Now that you're bringing spelling smack, show me where I spelt the word sniggered incorrectly.
    test
  11. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

99% of what is rapped about in GT is not truth, so I dunno why people gotta really nitpick gun lines.

Especially when the same dudes that hate it "ooooh" or love lines like "You'll never be spittin hard, I bet you'll be gettin scarred when I toss a size 8 specialty ninja star" or whatever forced ass garbage fantasy injury lines people drop these days.

There's absolutely no difference in sayin you'll "burn someone alive" or "I'll murder this faggot", and sayin you'll shoot them with a gun. Stop splittin hairs, either it was witty/creative or it wasn't.

PS: EG, in your case, I see your point about tryin to get people to believe it.. but that really doesn't change the content of the line. I do think Con has some cornball lines though, trust me, I'm talking about gunrhymes in general.
    test
  12. hiphopanimal

hiphopanimal Member

I didn't realise there was a height and weight requirement to shoot a gun.

You learn something new everyday on rapmusic.com.
    test
  13. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

i really have to stop arguing about conceited with stupid people. you're right, conceited is hard as fuck and he might shoot me.

wow yes there is jesus christ. beating someone to death with a sledgehammer while a midget fucks an elephant isn't a likely occurrence and isn't taken seriously. shooting someone is something that happens a lot and isn't some crazy impossible thing. it is not hard to shoot a gun. it is not hard to own a gun. when you constantly say you do something that is beyond the realm of possibility, but you don't do it, that's when it begins to become fake and stupid.

if someone was always rapping about how they fucked helllla hot bitches and pulled tons of chicks but they were a virgin, that shit would be called "fake" in a second. why is something worse, claiming you're hard and shooting someone tolerated when its obvious you're not. him telling arsonal he's a pussy and arsonal wouldn't do shit to him is even worse tho.

basically the line between just rapping for fun and saying tight shit gets murky when its all you do and you like to convince people that's how you really are which is what it looks like from the outside. that's why its fucking RETARDED when these dudes say they move tons of weight, its the exact same thing. selling drugs is not some impossible thing that you reference for shock value. its something lots of people do and is very likely. why say "i do this very possible thing" when you dont... just to sound cool... and thats gay.

THATS WHY I RAP ABOUT PLAYING CONTRA. I LIVE WHAT I RAP.

do you know how guns work?
    test
  14. ErikForeman

LMAO, you really think Con is tryin to legitimately convince people EG? This is a real question..

just askin, cuz Pokemon references and shit say otherwise.
    test
  15. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Eg, chill out bro it's not that serious.
    You're no tougher than conceited is.

And btw, that freestyle has to be off the top of the head or they wouldn't have labeled it a freestyle
    test
  16. ErikForeman

hahahaha of course

Con has some weaaak ass lines, but the thing is, it seems to me like he does it all jokingly so that's where his only value comes from with me. I never watch Con and think DAMN, this guy's legit as fuck..

In fact, I think there are more people that do gun lines countless times better than Con.. Con just has a comedic approach to it.
    test
  17. hiphopanimal

hiphopanimal Member

I'm stupid because I like Conceited as a battle rapper? Go back to the weak ass shit you were talking about me incorrectly spelling words etc. That is some serious wack shit. All you seem to do on this forum is denigrate other battle rappers. I can understand somebody like TheSaurus or NoCanDo offering constant criticism as they are at the top of the game but you just hate for the sake of hating.
    test
  18. BinoSWI

Are you joking? Truly a freestyle is different from coming off the top of the dome... the meaning just got fucked over the years.
    test
  19. hiphopanimal

hiphopanimal Member

Plus you have 35,000 posts online. You fail at life.
    test
  20. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I don't recall any Illmaculate line where he claims to be a thug. I can't think of a single one. He says FAIL at the end of Kicks to the Hat, so how is that not him still being a nerd? People hate because he's one of the few "multi" battlers who doesn't over pronounce shit like a scholarly cunt.

And 9dm, Cortez, Aye Verb, Dizaster those guys all obviously exaggerate, but it's not completely inconceivable that they could pull some of that stuff off. Like Al Pacino obviously doesn't kill people, but when he does in movies its not completely ridiculous. If Michael Cera played Scarface, it would have looked goofy as fuck. That's the thing with Conceited.

Battle fans are so against anything remotely street as a rule that they can't hardly tell the difference between Math and Conceited, and when they do attempt to try to like anything street, they always wind up liking the dude's who are fake and goofy like Mook.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.