URL and Smack f****** up big time

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Solotv84, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Solotv84

Solotv84 Member

Summer Madness 3 is less then a month

no matchups have been announced nothing?

this is terrible, considering that Smack said August 24th on BET

This is not a good look at all

I predict Dontflop and Kotd to be taking over within a the next year
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

nahhhh as much as the matchups not being announced is mad irritating DF & KOTD are not going to suddenly take over because of that
    test
  3. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

I guess this shit happens with every fucking hobbie, sport, competitive thing at all. How many times has it been now that x league is going to go to ruin because of y condition. It reminds me of in the hockey season, you have people who have been watching for fucking 20 years and somehow because one player starts out with a hot start in the first 10 games of the season and is leading in pts (someone who has historically NEVER been a top contender in pts by year's end) and they overreact like it's their year to shine and they will finish as champs. This shit happens all the fucking time. You need to think with more than a 30 day span = the foreseeable future brain sometimes.
    test
  4. zipperhedjoe

zipperhedjoe Conrad murray, mic killa

daylyt vs swave sevah
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  5. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

It's moved to December

KOTD and DF won't take over but what it does is it gives them oppurtunity to set up matches that will have them gain URL audience. And URL ain't doing any matches to get KOTD DF audiences. So what it does it lowers there level of dominance in an area. And with UW coming as well, all these antics will not help them.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  6. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

I think URL is safe, but it's living dangerously. NOME3 is revealing itself to be a decent, yet unspectacular event. It's only competition, KOTD, had a disappointing year after WD3, and Smack probably got cavalier and thought he'd won the war, he probably thought KOTD will never recover, so he no longer has to put in maximum effort to retain monopoly status, which is evident in some of his recent battles and negotiations. WD4 will have taken Smack by surprise, and I'm sure he's spent the last year trying to organize Arsonal vs Diz, but if he knew how monumental WD4 was gonna look, I'm sure he would've done absolutely everything he could to guarantee Dizaster vs Arsonal, and Hollow vs Lux for SM3. Even though URL's accumulated an immense viewership, if it doesn't create some classic battles soon, or create some pulsating behind the scenes dramas and disputes, then there is nothing to stop its viewers from switching off, I mean look how quickly the ratings for a popular TV show can plummet. However unlike in the TV industry, there isn't a rival entertainment outlet that distributes exactly the same product as URL on such a regular basis. I don't believe the many URL followers that don't watch KOTD and DF are gonna switch to those leagues if thing stay as they are. However I get the feeling that battlers enjoy working with KOTD more than URL, because it's supposedly more professional and ethical, and if KOTD arrange more & more battles between URL rappers, the URL fans might jump ship, because then KOTD would be distributing a similar product. WD4 is a no win situation for URL. If WD4's successful, people will positively reevaluate KOTD, and URL will lose prestige, and if WD4's unsuccessful, people won't just become disillusioned with KOTD, they'll become disillusioned with battle-rap in general. However URL might attract new fans via it's BET venture.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

URL gonna be just fine...
    test