@Urban Tactics

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by BANE206, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

Im so sorry dawg, you were right on the money with this shit, My bad for doubting you, you definety know your shit.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1ST HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR @$$ " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING ON THIS ADMIINSTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

Comments: If the above message seems familiar, that's because it's the same gas boycott chain letter that circulated one year ago, which was quite similar to the gas boycott chain letter that circulated the year before that, and the year before that, and so on, all the way back to the original "Gas Out" email of 1999, which claimed consumers could force oil companies to lower fuel prices by refusing to buy gas on a particular day in April.

About Poll
    Will you be boycotting your local gas station this September 1st?
    No, it's pointless.
    Yes, I think it can have an effect.
    I don't know.

Current Results

Which raises an obvious point: If it didn't work the first umpteen times it was tried, why should we believe it will work now?

As I noted last year, there are two glaring flaws in the approach:

A successful boycott requires a sustained, organized effort by a large number of participants. Randomly circulating a chain letter amounts to no organization at all. And we know from past attempts that no matter how many people jump on the bandwagon, actual participation in email-driven boycotts is spotty and ultimately negligible.

It's illogical. Refusing to buy gasoline on one particular day of the month won't affect the oil companies' overall sales or profits. Why not? Because everyone who skips buying gasoline on September 1 will be filling their tanks on the 2nd, or the 3rd, or the 4th of September. An effective boycott would require that a significant number of people consume less fuel on an ongoing basis, not just avoid purchasing it on one particular day of the year.
    The claim that a one-day boycott would result in an industry loss of over $4.6 billion is a pure fabrication, by the way. According to Euromonitor International, the total sales of petroleum products for all U.S. gas stations in 2002 (for example) was $205 billion, which works out to little more than a half-billion dollars a day, not $4.6 billion.

SYKE you fucking loser.

Google>Suburban Slapstics.
    test
  2. I.N.F.O.theking

I.N.F.O.theking haha 80s modanna

you seem to have ALOT of time on your hands
    test
  3. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

LOL it took me less then 10 seconds to type in "gas boycott" in googles search engine. less time to copy and paste it and another 10 seconds to come up with a witty ending. you probably spent more time reading and replying then it took me to post it. and considering im on my lunch break, yea i had some time on my hands. so quit replying to my threads and make another sample kit so i can buy it from you. thanks for stoping by!
    test
  4. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Oil companies run their inventories on a weekly basis, and since the "gas out" scheme doesn't call on people to buy less gasoline but simply to shift their date of purchase by one day, oil company stockpiles won't be affected at all.
    test
  5. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Next, merely shifting the day(s) of purchase will not "hit the entire industry with a net loss of over $4.6 billion." Consumers won't be buying any less gasoline under this "gas out" proposal; they'll simply be purchasing gas a few days earlier or later than they usually would. The very same amount of gasoline will be sold either way, so the oil companies aren't going to lose any money at all.
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

its a shame a 30 year old "adult" acts like this
    test
  7. BANE206

BANE206 New Member

lol its not 30 just yet. but im glad to see that my point was taken. homo
    test
  8. The Militant

The Militant New Member

if you want a gas strike to work it has to last at least a week. we already DID that shit in england... why dont you google that and look at what already happened, instead of trying to guess your own predictions lol
    test
  9. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

Shits not gonna work... Millitant and Med said it the best, gotta be at least a week... maybe even 3 days would work lol
    test
  10. dre2k203

dre2k203 New Member

Ay Yall Need To Fix It I Get My Car In A Year And A Few Months And I Aint Gonna Pay $6 A Gallon For Gas So Yall Ol Heads Better Come Up With Some Boy Cott Method
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.