upper inner chest looks 'empty'

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by onyx, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onyx

onyx New Member

yeh i noticed it just looks like theres nothin there..like a triangle missin from the inner upper chest...the rest of my chest is startin to fill out but that little bit in the inner doesnt seem to

ive bin training on and off for abt 18 months...

i do

flat bench db press
    incline bench db press
    decline bench db press
    incle flyes

and ive only just started doin close grip bench press...could this be the reason cos i havnt bin doin this?

thanks for replies i get
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

It's hard to fill the inner and upper areas of the chest.

Best way to solve it though is close grip bench press, incline bench press, diamond push-ups or close hand push ups. Also if you're doing a flat pench with a medium-grip, when you bring the weight down, instead of bringing the bar down to your chest, bring it down to your neck and that works the upper areas.
    test
  3. LikeWise3001

LikeWise3001 I crush alot

try doing incline bench first...

and with dumbells...

and keep doin incline flyes....try cables instead of dumbells...for the flyes.

and two unconvential ways to hit upper chest that i think has worked for me are...

military presses to the front will also hit the collar bone area... althought its main purpose is shoulders.....

and upright rows...its main purpose is traps... but it also will hit shoulders and collar bone area....

i'd suggest adding those to your shoulder workout if you dont already do those...its like a secondary way to hit the upper chest during the same week... just enough to not overtrain....
    test
  4. VishTaphney

VishTaphney Guest

your gonna have to do something they call the two time a week chest routine.

monday:chest and shoulders
    tuesday:back and biceps
    wednesday: rest
    Thursday: chest and triceps
    friday:legs
    saturday:rest
    Sunday:rest.

on rest days you can do cardio for 30 minutes max.

for your chest days...do this barbell work outs on monday.

3-4 excersices with 3-5 sets with varying reps.

do this routine only if your at intermediate level and been active lifting weights...cause this routine you only do for 6 weeks and then go back to your normal 1 day a week chest routine...

monday do barbell.

incline 3-5 sets
    flat 3-5 sets
    decline3-5 sets
    dips on a dip machine. 2 sets of 10-15
    push ups to failure.

Thursday flys and isolation for chest online.

Start with dumbell incline 3-5 sets
    flat dumbell bench press 3-5 sets
    flat alternating dumbell bench press 3-5 sets
    and then do flat dumbell flys 3-5 sets to failure with a light to meduim weight so you dont strain your biceps.

this with a proper protien and diet will make your chest grow.

its what i used.

but this is not for begginers only when yoru at intermediate level.

your REpitition range will vary. dont over train.
    test
  5. onyx

onyx New Member

thanks guys appreciate the replies
    test
  6. I wArFaRe I

I wArFaRe I Love 2 Hate

upright rows are terrible for you, i would never suggest to someone to do them unless you want a fucked up rotator cuff after a little while
    test
  7. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

lots of good advice in here.. another good thing to do is try sticking with power movements .. so try ditching the DB's for a couple weeks and do all your movements with a bar. even smith machine inclines close grip work excellent.. it will fill out your upper chest like whoa.. I use a 45 lb plate per side and just keep my grip closer than shoulder width apart, hands maybe 8 inches apart.. do 8-10 reps with a wieght that is acceptable for you.. after those reps wait 10 seconds and do it again till fail. thats one set.. try 3 sets of that before flat bench and you'll notice results in about 5 months of steady lifting. results vary on diet and sleep. consume about 1.5 grams protein per pound of bodyweight. eat veggies and meats seperate from starches.. get a good protein powder, train consistantly and you could put about 110 pounds on your bench max. I did.

after inclines, hit the flat bench for 3-4 sets for 6-8 reps. try increasing weights 5 lbs per week if you can.

after flats, cable crosses 3 sets lower chest.. so your crossing from your hands starting up high..

then 3 sets of upper chest cable crosses, so hands start at lower position.

you should see great results and you hit your chest in all areas, as well as both types of fibres are being worked.

my flat bench max now:

315 lbs for 2 reps.

remember stay consistant with your training.. thats key
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.