Upon Request, Great Mass Gaining Routine. I Use This and Maybe You Should Too.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Ben Official, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

This is an excellent routine with a lot of compound lifts that will have you gaining mass about as fast as you can as long as your diet can keep up. I've given this to a few people and they all love it. The closer you follow it, the better you will do in the gym so if your going to do it try to follow it as close as possible. I don't have time to explain how to do all the lifts, a lot of which you may not have heard of before, so I recommend looking them up on bodybuilding.com or googling them. Otherwise I can try explaining some of them to the best of my abilities if you ask me. Like I said, everyone I gave this routine to so far is very happy with it. This will take a minute to type up so I hope it gets some good use!

This routine consists of 3 phases. Each phase should last about 4 weeks, the 3rd a little longer. The first 2 phases have you lifting 3 times a week, the 3rd phase has you lifting 4 times a week.

Here it is:

Phase I (Lifting 3 times a week, 3 different workouts, rest about 2 minutes unless you want to superset, if you want to superset rest 60-90 secs):

Workout A:

Barbell Front Squat 5 x 5
    Incline Bench Press 5 x 5
    Bulgarian Split Squat 2 x 6-8
    One Arm Row (Elbow out) 2 x 6-8

Workout B:

Chinup (Add weight if you can) 5 x 5
    Hang Clean & Press 5 x 5
    Cable Pull Throughs 2 x 6-8
    Weighted Situps 2 x 6-8

Workout C:

Elevated Trap Bar Deadlift 5 x 5
    Dips (Add weight if possible) 5 x 5
    Cable Rows 2 x 6-8
    Reverse Hypers 2 x 6-8

Now before I go into Phase II, let me explain how you do this. You are going to do the lifts in waves. You will be lifting your 2 rep max on the first wave, and on the 2nd wave you will be lifting 5-10 pounds more than your previous max! It goes like this:

Lets say your current 2 rep max is 300 pounds. It looks like this:

Wave 1:
    4 x 275 / rest 3 minutes
    3 x 285 / rest 3 minutes
    2 x 295 / rest 3 minutes

Wave 2:
    4 x 285 / rest 3 minutes
    3 x 295 / rest 3 minutes
    2 x 305

Get it?

now the workouts:

Workout A:

Trap Bar Deadlift 2 x 4/3/2
    Flat Bench Press 2 x 4/3/2
    Cable External Rotation 2 x 10-12
    Barbell Rollouts 2 x 8-10

Workout B:

Hang Snatch 2 x 4/3/2
    Military Press 2 x 4/3/2
    Russian Twists 2 x 8-10
    Prone Row 2 x 8-10

Workout C:

Box Squat 2 x 4/3/2
    Pullups (Add weight) 2 x 4/3/2
    Hanging Leg Raises 2 x 8-10
    Cable Rows to Neck 2 x 8-10

Now for Phase III:
    For this one your going to be lifting 4 days a week. 2 upper, 2 lower. Do it like this: Workout 2 days, rest one day, workout 2 days, rest 2 days, repeat. Get it?

Also, your going to do supersets for all the lifts in this one. This means that immediately after finishing workout 1, you go directly to workout 2 with no rest. Then you rest, and repeat. After that, rest for a little bit and go to the next set of supersets.

Workout A:

1. Close Grip Incline Bench Press 3 x 4-5
    2. Sternum Pullup (Add weight if you can) 3 x 4-5
    1. Reverse Pushups (Feet elevated) 3 x 4-5
    2. Incline Dumbbell Press 3 x 4-5

Workout A(2):

1. Front Squat 3 x 4-5
    2. Negative Leg Curl 3 x 4-5
    1. Snatch Grip Deadlift 3 x 4-5
    2. Glute Ham Raises 3 x 4-5

Workout B:

1. Telle Flys 2 x 6-10
    2. Bent Over Row 2 x 6-10
    1. Swiss Ball Shoulder Press 2 x 6-10
    2. High Pulls 2 x 6-10

Workout B(2):

1. Lunges 2 x 6-10 (both sides)
    2. Weighted Back Extension 2 x 6-10
    1. Barbell Hack Squat 2 x 6-10
    2. Standing Calf Raise 2 x 6-10

Workout C:

1. Hammer Curl & Press 2 x 10-12
    2. Pullover Triceps Extension 2 x 10-12
    1. Reverse Flys 2 x 10-12
    2. Cross Body Cable External Rotation 2 x 10-12

Workout C(2):

1. Cable Woodchopper 2 x 10-12
    2. Swiss Ball Crunch 2 x 10-12
    1. Slant Board Reverse Crunch 2 x 10-12
    2. Saxon Side Bends 2 x 10-12

Well, there you have it. Thats the routine I use and have given to others and nobody has given it up since they started so far. I realize you will have to look up a lot of these exercises because most of them will be unfamiliar to most people, but let me tell you it is well worth it. If you have any questions of course I will answer as best I can, and I can explain how to do any exercises that you cant find out by a quick online search. I'm pretty sure I got everything in, if not I'll edit if I see errors. Again, I really hope at least a couple of you try this out so I didn't type this up for nothing. The closer you follow this the better, and make sure your diet is there too because thats the most important part. You might find that your not quite as exhausted as you should be after the workouts, and that your not in the gym that long (at least in phases 1 and 3) but let me assure you this is all you need to do. Trust me, you don't need to add in any other exercises if your not tired enough when you leave the gym. Don't over train. This is all you need. Believe me. The closer you follow this, the more you will gain.

Hope you like it!
    test
  2. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

Damn good routine my friend...I might try this after I'm done with my current routine. I see no Decline Bench tho
    test
  3. GammoN

GammoN Sole Survivor of the DOJO

Good shit, I'll try this out after I'm done with my first ever cut..
    test
  4. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

i think ima do wat im im doin now for a lil, get on some protein, then switch to this for a minute, sounds mad good tho
    test
  5. Ben Official

Yeah, there is no decline bench in there because its not really as much of a compound lift as the others but feel free to add it in. I have also been adding flat bench into the 4th phase whenever I can fit it in, so I mean if theres any specific lifts you think it lacks you can try to add it in somewhere or substitute it if you think it will work better for you.
    test
  6. Ben Official

test
  7. Ben Official

haha i just found this searching for something else. damn 2 years old. might as well up it!! its still good. hopefully someone will get some use out of this
    test
  8. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Ben you cock, Jeff doesn't like threads older than a month to get upped, so I have to close this.

Least you got it on the first page again for a while lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.