Upgrading My Mic...

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Ziah, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aze'

Aze' that's the dummy alarm

P.S - state-reps, see how all of you sound on a u87ia, and tell me about it ;)
    test
  2. Aze'

... AND ... I didn't say any mic over $900 is going to be good. I just said that I didn't like any of the mics under $900 - as far as value/quality. It's not looking at the price tag, it's looking at the best mic, and then checking out the price tagg.
    test
  3. State Reps

State Reps New Member

yeah...I feel u fam....the high end mics are more versataile....but I've def found a couple mics that I LOVE for my voice that are between 4-6 hundred (of course I got them cheaper tho). word
    test
  4. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Aze has tried them all huh?

Well then...

What pre did you use?
    What mons?
    What soundcard?
    What cables?

If you used them through one pre, then your "testing" is nothing more than biased garbage, as every pre gives every mic a different sound, and you may like one mic on a Focusrite, but not on an Avalon, vice versa, so I HIGHLY doubt you've tried them all, and really took the time to test EVERY one of them on a handful of pre's to get a good idea of it's capabilites.
    test
  5. MC Redemtion

MC Redemtion Is The Mic On?

Hmm I mean why spend so much green on a mic for starters if you donno for sure your gonna be in the music biz forever? Way I look at is...start off with somthin decent for now then if you know shits gettin serious...up your equipment. Also the mic in my part doesn't really matter that much (thats me). Heres what i'm working with and getting a nice sound:

B-2 Condenser
    Pre Sonus BLUEtube Pre Amp
    Ernie Ball XLR Cable
    Pop Filter the obvious
    Audio Technica ATH-M30 Professional Monitor Headphones
    Instrument cable (Not sure what brand since was my bros he used for his guitar)

HP PC (not well fit but still doing the job alright)
    Nuendo 2.0
    Waves Diamond Bundle 5.0
    T-Racks24

And I record in a booth which I turned my closet into.

You can have a decent microphone....but up it's quality by copping other hardware such as Pre Amps, Compressors, EQ's, list goes on...thats what i've been doing.
    test
  6. Loced-Out

Loced-Out LoCed-Out aKa L-O

^^^Thats good. and the M30's headphones are good arent they? i have them too
    test
  7. Ziah

Ziah New Member

im looking into Redemptions set up..but also i do have a good recording environment so lets see what we can work out on the price alright Aze
    test
  8. Aze'

^^ AON, this is EXACTLY what the fuck I'm talking about. STOP TRYING TO COMPETE WITH ME FUCKER.... just give YOUR opinion in, but stop trying to disprove mine...

FYI, I've been working in and out of MANY studios for YEARS - so I've gotten to try just about every mic on the market up to 2004 on MANY different systems, not only pre-amps. Just SHUT THE FUCK UP, and leave me be.

You're going to argue with me and say the mics I listed arn't some of the better mics you can get? Go ahead, I don't even care... God damn fag, get a life... You're very moronic. And no, you don't know shit - just becaue you know enough (or act like) that you can impress RM heads you think you're like an amazing talent?? SUCK A LLAMA YOU DORK!

Yea Ziah, hit me up.
    test
  9. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

I don't act like I know things, I know them.
    See how flustered you get when I come at you, to see what pre's you've been using, etc etc etc.
    Your full of shit, your a whiny ass bitch, who's afraid of getting his net lime light taken from him, just like Ghetalion.
    Cry me a river, build me a bridge, and get the fuck over it.
    test
  10. Aze'

I'm annoyed when you 'come at me', because, it's just gay to have someone tagging along everywhere you go trying to put down. I've been in and out of plenty of studios arround the way - and owned my own - personally, I had a vT 737 sp Avalon preamp going into the digi002 and my vocal mic selection was - u87, blueberry, tlm-103. But I've used countless ammounts of pre's/mics/systems...

I'm not 'afraid of having my lime light taken', I don't have a lime-light here - but you keep proving over and over that you're worried about taking it from me. You've just inadvertantly proven that you're trying to "bring me down".

I'm posting on these forums strickly to help people out - I'm not trying to make a profit. You don't see me posting up 'mastering services' like Ghet-Ghet and O.G - I may come here once a year an auction something off, but thats not a consistant thing.

YOU shouldn't be trying to compete with me, but you are - you can deny it all you want - but if you weren't competing with me then you wouldn't enter every thread I post in and make a comment on something I said. If you REALLY just wanted to help these kids out, you'd make a post directly answering their question. YOU HAVE A FETISH FOR ME - AND IT'S REALLY CREEPING ME OUT....

Now please, hopefully for the last time, GET OFF OF MY DICK - if you want to help the RM heads out, HELP THEM - I'm not against that... but GET OFF OF MY NUTS.
    test
  11. MC Redemtion

MC Redemtion Is The Mic On?

Yeah shits are serious...very on point...for the price I think they're worth it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.