Resolved Upgrade Status

Discussion in 'Site Help & Feedback' started by EnzoTen, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Administrator

We upgraded the forum and it took a little longer than expected. There are still a few things our of place that we are currently working on. TapaTalk is down, but will return later today. Sorry for the delays and issues. This was a tricky update but but are over a major hurdle and future updates will be much more smooth.

Here are some of the improvements you will see once everything gets sorted out

• Post Edit History: Editing beyond 5 min will be enabled
    • Stackable user banners: Example- your profile can show you are a GBR contestant (crown) and moderator and donor at the same time. http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/ss-2013-05-29_14-57-28-png.47090/
    • Responsive design: Very clean and usable design on your mobile phone without tapatalk. @Cire
    • Improved Editor
    • Auto Save Drafts: if you write a long ass post and accidently click away. it will still be there since it was automatically saved every 60 seconds.
    • Improved Smile Insertion
    • Improved user tagging: User tagging will be native, not a plugin like it is now so there will be performance improvements as well as the possibility of being able to show how many times you have been mentioned. Still looking into how to make this work- but since its native it will be easier to pull off.
    • Drag and drop, cut and paste image uploading: as if clicking "Upload file" wasnt easy enough, you will be able to just drop an image into the post box.
    • Watch a forum: Like watching a thread, you can watch an entire forum for new messages or threads.
    • Moderation and staff tool improvements
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  2. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Good looks on the upgrade. :)
    test
  3. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Administrator

Tappatalk now fixed

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    test
  4. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

I'm not a fan of the staff member icon color....it's hard to read.
    test
  5. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Some good updates. The post edit feature was definitely something that sorely missing. Now if only we can get bad the ability to edit thread title again, that would get rid of one of my few gripes with the new site.

The mobile formatting is also nice since I'm not much of a fan of Tapatalk but it practically required for me to few certain forums on my phone.

Also I never would have thought saving drafts would be something I would want from a forum, but now that it's here, I wish every forum I went to had the function.
    test
  6. PicholasNaugam

PicholasNaugam Active Member

test
  7. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Administrator

you should be able to edit your own titles. im not sure what it looks like to non staff. check the top right of your first post. is there "Thread Tools" then go to edit thread.

Tapatalk is pretty limited. but the mobile site is extreamly usable- you can even +-REP. there are some issues that need to be sorted out with the mobile site. logo is too big and the ads to not resize correctly. working on it...

Glad you like the draft saves. so many times ive made a long post and accidentally hit the backbutton. so frustrating...
    test
  8. xddrx

xddrx sugabezy

draft save is lovely and the new layout for smilelys is great too ;) everything else i wasn't really using but still GOOD SHIT i got a request tho - could you guys maybe add some females to the line up of smilieys? it'd be easier 4 us ladies to pick how we're feeling if there were female facial expressions as well - i can chop some up for this site if you tell me the dimensions they need to be - im sure all the women of rapmusic dot com would appreciate such an offering
    test
  9. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Ah I see. Excellent. The ability to add polls after the fact is nice as well.
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Is this ' mobile format' how its going to continue to be? Rather than seeing the whole site it seems were only getting fragments, which requires tons of extra scrolling and clicking to achieve the same end. Or is it just my phone
    test
  11. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

test
  12. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

test
  13. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Administrator

This is how it will be with a little tweaking of the ad formats and logo.

There is more verticle scrolling, but zero zooming and zero horizontal scrolling. The site is not fragmented, its the same exact site you would see if you were on the desktop, but when you collapse to mobile some of the menu bar is condensed in to an easier to use on mobile drop down.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.