Updated Setup/Studio Pics, let's see them

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by The Management, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Management

The Management The Management

been a minute since the last thread, I saw war machine upgraded, Urb upgraded a lot too, pretty ill setup going. i want to see what everybody is working with.

check a couple posts down

post your pics. list your equipment too if you want.
    test
  2. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

thats my own little setup now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

i get to fuck wit this when im in germany cause my friend works there. we can use the studios from 7 - 8 pm all the way to the early morning
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  3. The Management

that studio is cool, your setup is nice.. pics are a little small. what's that keyboard, and what are those monitors in your studio, I have the maudio joints too, good reference pair

EDIT

equipment.. pictures go left to right

monitor is for lyrics and to view the camera watching the other room
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

not in the picture but there is another mic on the boom stand above the axiom
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these are in the other room
    [​IMG]

lounge area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

guitars are to the right of the tv
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

main computers
    comp 1, 2.4ghz dual core, 2gb 1066 DDR2 ram, 1TB of Space, dual widescreen 22" monitors, projectmix and audigy for soundcards

comp 2, 2.4ghz , 2gb DDR ram, 500GB of Space, 19" monitors, maudio delta44 soundcard

laptop 1, 15.4" widescreen 1.73ghz dual core, 1gb RAM, 120GB, creative usb soundblaster soundcard

lounge computers
    laptop 2 + 3, cant remember the specs, they're weak, its the one sitting on the bar, there is a second one on the floor by it, needs a new power jack..comp 3..also weak
    test
  4. adomav

adomav Adomavbeatz!

Is that the mv 8000? If so, what's your opinion on it? I'm thinking of copping one soon
    test
  5. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the gist of it all...
    Tascam FW1082
    KRK8 monitors
    alesis micron
    roland fantom
    Two dell 17 inch LCDs

[​IMG]
    alesis compressor
    30 band EQ
    roland D110
    my acoustic guitar....
    and my beloved Oxygen 8 midi controller

[​IMG]
    the walk in clost i turned into a booth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the monitors i just bought last week

[​IMG]
    that garbage ass MPD....and my mackie preamp that i will more than likely sell....

[​IMG]
    stand alone CD burners for multitasking purposes....

[​IMG]

PC i built... 3.03 ghz pentium 4 (recently changed the processor) 3gb ram, runnin on XP professional ofcourse

and i would like to debunk the rumors of me being a "reason user".....no, i've been using cubase/nuendo for 3 or 4 years now....i still use reason, rewired ofcourse.....so thats about it......

the gist of it all.......

oh....nord lead 2 comin soon...
    test
  6. ..DX..

..DX.. DL of Baysick Productions

hey urb hows that fantom xa workin out for you? u like it?
    test
  7. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

u cant go wrong with roland......
    test
  8. The Management

my nigga i just like the way that looks. i think its the upright mixer. when I move and get more room i'll try that.

how does that alesis compressor do the job
    test
  9. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

i use the alesis on vocals mainly....i compress lightly tho while recordin.........but it also has a gate that i use that saves a helluva lot of work with noise issues....it really gets the job done...but i think i'ma go ahead and cop that avalon sooner or later....
    test
  10. The Management

yeah thats what i need one for. that avalon joint is serious. too big of a price tag for me. what mic are using?
    test
  11. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

the alesis 3630 is probably the second-to-worst compressor on the market, it's a crapshoot between it, the behringer autocom pro and the audio logic mt66 for last place, the behringer is slightly better (like 0.005%) and the mt66 is slightly worse

there's also no avalon anything anywhere in those pictures

I'll have pictures of what I just finished setting up tomorrow....it's been a long two weeks
    test
  12. The Management

im looking at the dbx160a but i mean, i dont really need to spend a ton of money on a compressor, if the alesis does a decent job for $300 less, i would go that way. especially since i don't record album stuff here.
    test
  13. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

its obvious u dont kno what you're talking about....

u just never stop....i son u continuously....over and over again...

when are u gonna learn?

just cuz u fetch cables for live rock bands dont mean u kno anything about production

and nobody claimed to see any avalon....u so busy in here tryna hate...and cant even get ya facts straight

silence, peasant.
    test
  14. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

the bottom keyboard is the korg triton and the keyboard on the top is a yamaha thats hella wack...lol i just use it when i wanna play standin up..and i got the jbl lsr4328p monitors, those like my babies lol..
    test
  15. Nasty Chopz

Nasty Chopz ••••••

i like it. shit was real easy to pick up on..i do like 90% of my samplework on it
    test
  16. Djay Cas

Djay Cas Woodgrain Oak

i still aint got shit

reason 3.0
    midi controller
    acid pro

for now its enough for me ill prolly get that fantom soon tho the sounds are great

and to all the other cats readin this

im not talkin down to people who do have great set ups cuz aint nothin wrong with that at all

but
    you dont need alot of expensive shit to be 'good'
    master the equipment/programs you have now, then move on if you feel like you need something more to accomidate you

yalls shit looks fire though
    test
  17. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

What computers (and specs of em) are y'all running with? I'll get my new pics up soon.

I'm thinking about coppin me a Mac laptop.

Motif vs. Roland (which has the better sounds?) I'm already familiar with the Motif though.
    test
  18. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

i got both the motif rack and the fantom rack. in my opinion the quality of the sounds on the motif are better, but the fantoms sound's more stylized and varied. the voice editor that comes with es rack is dope as fuck though, you can make some real dope new sounds with it. the xr has got better effects though, much better effects, especially their guitar amp fxs. plus the xpansions for the fantom are dope. the es rack expansions are hard to find and i hear they kinda suck. if i were you i would go with the motif because of the quality of the sounds and the voice editor...i think its better value at a cheaper price...

we had a studio, acutally two of them, but shit got disorganized and is now being reorganized, so i moved all my equipment back into my bedroom for the time being...i'll take a pic of in a min and put it up, it aint nothing special though.
    test
  19. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

This is my setup right now
    [​IMG]

the krks arent my, one of my events has been out for repair for about 3 months now...who know when its coming back. the other one is just chillin in the corner
    [​IMG]

es and xr racks, i got the orch and ethinc expansions in the fantom.
    [​IMG]

turntable chillin out in the other corner, collecting dust, i cant remember the last time i went digging through my records
    [​IMG]

custom built comp. 3.4ghz p4, 1 gb ram, rme hdsp9632 soundcard, 2X uad-1 cards. i got another one, but dont have anymore pci slots...i plan to get a fire wire interface like the fireface or maybe the 003, so that will free up a slot.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  20. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

[​IMG]

you can't really see, but Motif ES6, Fantom X8....compressor, mic amp, event 2020 tr8s. we got a lil couch in there, and 2 other rooms. a mic booth in one room, the other unit is empty tho.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.