unpopular hip-hop opinons

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Vulgar, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

i know this has been done before but i have a few new ones...try not to act like bitches cause somebody kicked the dick of your favorite rapper outta your mouth

-i dont understand the hype about andre 3000...he's nice but i rather hear big boi
    -same with styles over kiss...kisses voice gets on my nerves after awhile
    -t-pain is the new nate dogg
    -lil wayne has about 10 vs not songs vs i like...brownpaper bag and 6 minutes of death are two of em
    -50 is in the same boat with wayne...and he's a bitch h wouldnt fight fat joe on ppv...playboi never even replied
    -id be fine if i never heard aother pac song a day in my life
    -jay wouldnt be who he is if big was alive
    -pun woulda been great if he was alive
    -i dont believe em fell off i really think he did encore to prove a point...watch how many of you hop back on his dick when king mathers drops
    -fab is could be more then what he is playboi is mad lazy
    -same with beans...he's too stupid to stay outta the street
    -speakin of which that street cred bullshit is stupid...make money and music and keep shit real...if your real in your heart the streets will be able to tell...stop tryina keep slangin drugs and all that nonesense

ill post more when i think of more
    test
  2. my two cents -

all deceased rappers are overrated to a certain extent

and you have to take into account that with comparing outkast to most other artists putting out music right now, quality is light years ahead of everyone else

and I agree with most of what you just said...:)
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

50 cent is the one who killed kanye's mom
    test
  4. /Da MaIn AvEnT\

/Da MaIn AvEnT\ Active Member

-i dont understand the hype about andre 3000...he's nice but i rather hear big boi
    I uno, I kinda like Andre a bit, Big Boi can be pretty wack sometimes, and he seems to follow trends these days
    -same with styles over kiss...kisses voice gets on my nerves after awhile
    I rather styles
    -t-pain is the new nate dogg
    I don't see the T Pain hype, its embarassing that someone WHO CANT SING can use some stupid computer voice thingy ma jog and make a career out of it....?! lets jus bring back millie vanelli... T Pain live without his voice thing... he has a horrid voice
    -lil wayne has about 10 vs not songs vs i like...brownpaper bag and 6 minutes of death are two of em
    Wayne is garbage and he kisses boys
    -50 is in the same boat with wayne...and he's a bitch h wouldnt fight fat joe on ppv...playboi never even replied
    I think 50 is pretty good, he drops nice verses and his songs make sense and shit, Still Will was sick, Going straight to the bank or w/e its called was sick to (i got more whips then a run away slave) haha
    -id be fine if i never heard aother pac song a day in my life
    I dont think Pac was the greatest alive either but i respect his music and shit
    -jay wouldnt be who he is if big was alive
    Jay Z is good but i hate his over confidence, cuz sometimes he bigs himself up too much
    -pun woulda been great if he was alive
    obviously
    -i dont believe em fell off i really think he did encore to prove a point...watch how many of you hop back on his dick when king mathers drops
    Em hasnt dropped off, I think the demand for him to always come better then last time is not fair, people act like hes some massiah and when he doesnt part the water, no one wants to know his name ne more, ya'll still be fuckin with Jesus and he been gone forever, give Marshall a chance
    -fab is could be more then what he is playboi is mad lazy
    Fab is pretty sick, hes underrated
    -same with beans...he's too stupid to stay outta the street
    hahaha true talk
    -speakin of which that street cred bullshit is stupid...make money and music and keep shit real...if your real in your heart the streets will be able to tell...stop tryina keep slangin drugs and all that nonesense
    ^ what he said
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

common is a fake kanye wannabe............
    detroit, oakland and la put out the best music........
    dilla is the most slept on ever,,,,,
    people who hate on souja boy are unsatisfied with their own lives..........
    if jesus was alive he'd be better than pun and jay, leaving jay less a nickname.......
    i think akon is the newer nate dog, at least he can sing.......

how is 50 a bitch for not fighting fat joe on ppv..........his whole thing was i'ma ruin dudes chances of making money, ppv would make money for him by getting knocked out, plus who wants to see fat joe in less than a snow suit, his white tee's are fulla titty material
    test
  6. vandalism

vandalism the king

word... he's cool and he's got an original style. but personally I wouldn't put him as one of the best ever to do it
    test
  7. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

unpopular opinions....

Cormega is ass.....sorry to my NY heads but its true......

Talib Kweli is corny...Yea, RE was dope/damn near classic, but dude is super super corny, always has been.....

Nas is the most over rated emcee of all time, no one even comes to close to being as over rated as this guy.......he can do no wrong, even when the shit is wack.....in this world(rm world) HHID was a solid effort, some even calling it classic, wow....

DILLA WAS THE GREATEST, better than Primo, Dre, and Quik...
    test
  8. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

Common a Kanye wanna be? I disagree...Kanye just opennened his eyes to all the possibilities in and outside of rap, they are close friends, and business partners, I really dont think Common wants to be or act like Kanye...Kanye doesnt act, Common does..they dont dress or rap alike, I just dont see ya point....if anything, Kanye has taken aspects of Common to create his own style.....one proceeds the other by like a decade, Common laid the foundation for kanye to do what he is doing today, and Kanye opennened the door for Common to do other things.....
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

-Style is 10X greater than rhyme schemes... you nerdy new school motherfuckers overvalue schemes too much, when half the time, most motherfuckers with intricate schemes suck ass... and I like intricate schemes.

-Ice Cube is one of the best rappers of all time... his influence was over hip hop as a whole not just the west coast... that's what makes a rapper great... not just being ill in your hometown.. w/o Cube, there would be no Biggie... listen to Ready To Die, Cube is stamped all over that album.

-Canibus defeated LL hands down in their battle... anybody who disagrees doesn't know hip hop... and LL is in my top ten, nigga.

-"But you ain't got the skills to eat a nigga's ass like me" is a dope motherfuckin' line... giggle all you want.

-Big Pun was overrated as fuck... he was a G Rap clone... Capital Punishment is boring for the most part... I only listen to 4 or 5 songs when I play that album.

-Reasonable Doubt wouldn't be considered a classic had Jay Z's career not pan out.

-Hip hop production has advanced, but the beats aren't necessarily better... the mid to late '90s had the best beats ever... everything now is just overproduced.

-Lyricism peaked in the late '90s... 80% of rappers today suck ass.

-U God is dope as hell, y'all motherfuckers need to quit sleeping.

-Blu is the best new rapper today... he fills in the blanks of Lupe's style, who y'all worship on here
    test
  10. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

I'm satisfied with my life.

I am not satisfied with the current state of mainstream hip-hop.

ya digggggggg?
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Cormega has a horrible lisp, which brings him down a bit... he's a decent writer, though... I don't know... I put him up there with Beans... I don't particularly remember their names when a conversation of dope rappers comes up, but I like their music... they just sound like real live street niggas who rap... while the others who spit that style sound fake as fuck... most of them went to college and shit.

Talib can't be cornier than Lupe... I just disagree with you there... Talib has edge, a ridiculous flow, substantial content and is a great songwriter... maybe it's his voice? It's the same reason I don't like Lupe much... but I think Talib's voice is better than Lupe's.
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I agree with you there... I never got Freebass' strong dislike of Common... it sounds personal... haha
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

naw i have no issues with common doing movies and things of that nature, more power to him he is good at it...........i remember reading an article in like 98 where common refused to put on any of the cloths, not to make a point but because they weren't him........he ended up with a grey sweat shirt or something..........it bothered me when i saw him in gap comercials and wearing the ye style pin stripe suit at whatever award show.........but the dilla this what really bothers me.......you can feel that
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i feel that 100%.........but he's not to blame, he didn't make his song so popular.......thats all i mean
    test
  15. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

ig, i guess it may more personal reason to the extent i explained, with dilla too.......just don't like where dude is for a few reasons............

ll vs. bis, i say the winner is the one who isn't laughed at for the rest of his attempt at a career..........bis was stupid, well so was ll, but bis made so many bad choices, this was the nail in the coffin to me..........

talib is far cornier than lupe.........i cannot explain why really other than laugh sometimes when i hear dude rap............i agree with most everything else..........

DILLA WAS THE BEST EVER
    test
  16. Langford

Langford New Member

lol.
    test
  17. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

how can jadas voice get annoying? dude is hard

tpain isnt the new nate dogg cause tpain does more than sing hooks and he isnt hard

pun was great always...wtf

pac is underated, and big is the GOAT

andre 3000 > big boi

theres a lot of rappers that are too dumb to stay out the streets. look at hell rell he never left

encore wasnt proving a poiint...you just hope he is....that shit was trashbags
    test
  18. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

That career argument is so flawed... that tells me that LL supporters are in denial, because they have to bring up his career... I'm talking about the BATTLE... line for line, not their careers.

Canibus was on the short end of the stick from the beginning... so what he doesn't have a career... the career argument would probably have some legs if they were both on equal ground when the battle began, but they weren't... it's a nonissue.

I think any skilled MC on the street can step to any signed, big budget rapper and defeat him in a battle.

What is y'all not understanding about that?

This isn't career vs. career.
    test
  19. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

canibus fell off cause he was too inconsistent
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Canibus was never ON to fall off... he gained a little light with the LL battle, but that was it... HE NEVER HAD A CAREER... not anything noteworthy in the mainstream... he was an underground rapper with plenty of buzz... he's a "never was"... and he still defeated an icon in rap..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.