Under the radar classics.....

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by LiQuiD6, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

1 game that you think is one of the best games ever created that is heavily unappreciated by the masses...

Grim fandango....imo its one of the single greatest games ever made...one of the best story's EVER in a game excluding no game...as a matter of fact ill say it IS the best story ever in a video game...character development is on point....puzzles are interesting and challenging...graphics were incredible for its time...art direction is amazing even still for today....voice acting was great...imo one of the few absolutely perfect games ever created.....

opening sequence of the game

[youtube]3kVZ1sJZ9lo[/youtube]

trailer:

[youtube]hV1NBHL9Fa4[/youtube]
    test
  2. deadweather

deadweather ******

King arthur's world. Sam and max hit the road. kyrandia series. The two dungeon and dragon beat em up games by capcom. rez. Neo contra for ps2. I agree with above post by the way
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

i was a huge fan of sam and max...as a matter of fact....if i never played grim fandango......sam and max would have been my number 1...

the one big adventure game i have never played.....is discworld..i gotta get on the ball with that one....i just cant find the cd version with all the audio..i refuse to play it any other way
    test
  4. deadweather

deadweather ******

ah i have that cd rom version still of discworld.

you should check out Simon the Sorcerer if you like adventure games with british sense of humor. It even has the same interface as a lucasarts adventure.
    test
  5. Langford

Langford New Member

never heard of any of this stuff mentioned.

Ico and Beyond Good and Evil are the first ones I thought of
    test
  6. LiQuiD6

[youtube]6GAFr__RlLg[/youtube]
    test
  7. Priceless

Priceless Like I'm doin it for TV

when i rapped i always said if someone named priceless ever got signed before me i'd change my name to grim fandango.
    test
  8. deadweather

deadweather ******

grim is the last great lucasrts adventure.

those last few episodic sam and max adventures were okay, but was missing something.
    test
  9. LiQuiD6

yea...i didnt finish them...i got through 3 of them...and then stopped at the 4th...i usually never stop when playing adventure games....the first couple got me...but i think it was more nostalgia then anything...after a while i didnt wanna play them anymore.....right now im loading up gabriel knight 1.....

some of the tell tale guys worked on the original sam and max game.....but i dunno...just wasnt feelin it like that
    test
  10. deadweather

deadweather ******

hahahah! gabriel knight 1.

using the mime to distract the cop in the new orleans park = classic

gabriel knight 2 was good too, even though it was FMV, it was pretty clever. there was one impossible puzzle that involved splicing audio tape together to fool someone.

not sure if you ever played it, but the second laura bow game was awesome. the dagger of amon ra.
    i remember lending it to my cousin, he got all the way to the museum which is the first time the game asked you to find the 3rd word, in the 4th paragraph of page whatever in the manual (copy protection). He got it wrong and he had to start all over.
    test
  11. Radium

Radium f k

pokemon red/blue

on the strength of that its never called a classic but my bellsprout poisoned that one gym leaders alakazam before being killed and my blastoise ran out of moves so he was slowly being killed too but then the alakazam eventually died of posioning

pokemon red/blue
    test
  12. deadweather

deadweather ******

what i hated about the new sam and max is that it was in 3D. even the old one had better animation in my opinion. the zany animation added to the hilarity.

i remember when sam and max came out, there was a compilation of every sam & max comic at barnes and noble. which is now out of print, and worth a lot of money. i wish i had purchased it when i had a chance.

i still have the sam and max manual. funniest fucking manual ever.
    test
  13. deadweather

deadweather ******

the generation gap reveals itself
    test
  14. LiQuiD6

i dont think pokemon deserves to be in a list of "under the radar" games...pokemon is one of the most successful game franchises in history
    test
  15. LiQuiD6

i just started day 2....that mime distraction is fucking hilarious....right now i just finished getting kicked out the gedde estate for flirting with ms gedde...

if were gonna talk about great adventure games....you cant leave out Day of the tentacle.....amazing fucking game....one of the few sequels to surpass the original....i dont care how good the og maniac mansion was....it was ridiculously hard for no reason.....day of the tentacle was a masterpiece....

[​IMG]
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

victorious boxers (series)..
    a boxing game that actually appreciates body work, you wear down the opponent and fast boxers actually slow down quite a bit.. countering was very well implemented, if you flurried like sugar ray leonard all round, one left hook/uppercut could put you down.. only negatives is that it's a little too fast and the chin's are a bit too weak..
    [youtube]nPa_GfKGxX8[/youtube]

shadowrun (360 version)
    counter-strike on steroids basically (it has magic and technology).. ahead of its time, and took that style of shooter to another level.. the races also add alot of depth to the game..only negative i have is limited maps and very few gametypes..
    [youtube]FPM0ogajs_4[/youtube]

another thing i love about both games is they take skill, and have a steep learning curve to be good at..
    test
  17. LiQuiD6

why the fuck did you have to mention victorious boxers....i have been addicted to everything related to that series for the past 3 months....the videogames...the anime and the manga....its become one of my favorite stories of all time...i love the characters....if you have a chance...look up "hajime no ippo"....thats the actual manga and anime that the game is based on....you will love it since your a fan of boxing....i dont even like manga or anime.....but i just went through 3 seasons of the show and 80 something volumes of manga in about 3 months....and i loved every minute of it...now im waiting desperately for the next issue to be translated.....

victorious boxers imo is the most realistic boxing game ever made....ill go there....

Victorious boxers > Fight night
    [youtube]PTChv9Wqhns[/youtube]
    thats the beginning of the series....give it....5 episodes...and you will be HOOKED...theres no way a boxing fan can NOT like the anime...they name drop and go into so much technical shit about boxing...

you can find every episode on veohtv...and whatever you do dont watch it dubbed...watch it with subtitles
    test
  18. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

i watched the anime before i got into the game.. my cousin got me into that whole series..

i dont read the manga though.. but the anime was cool.. they stopped it short though.. its funny when they're in the fighting scenes though, like how he's thinking in the ring, a bit corny but still a dope anime..

and yes.. VB = best boxing game ever made imo..
    test
  19. LiQuiD6

shit ive read every issue of the manga released and translated so far...and i dont read manga...but i HAD to find out wtf happened....its the only manga ill ever read...so if you wanna know anything about what happens later i can let you know
    test
  20. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

does he ever rematch eiji date??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.