Ultimate strength and conditioning... Crossfit is the revolution of fitness...

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Sir Bustalot, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

PLEASE STICKY THIS ITS TANTAMOUNT TO THE FITNESS FORUM

www.crossfit.com

daily workouts that will kick your ass beyond anything. Ultimate strength and conditioning.

fuck your gym workouts

if you say this shit is easy then you arent doing it correctly or you are a straight up bullshitter....Or you could be extremely fit....but i doubt its the last one because these workouts will put you at the pinnacle of fitness if you throw yourself into it, and i highly doubt there is anyone on RM who is near the level of fitness this gives you..

beyond any gym-machine workouts
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

3 rounds for time of:
    50 Squats
    7 Muscle-ups
    135 pound Hang power cleans, 10 reps

thats yesterdays(today is a rest day)...if that workout doesnt kick your ass, you arent even doing it right.
    test
  3. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Crossfit is basically GPP(general physical preparedness) and great for those looking for all around fitness. I don't think athletes specializing in one area would benefit from Crossfit and neither would someone looking to get 'swole'. I think it definitely is great for conditioning but I think there are better ways to increase strength.

My only real beef with Crossfit is that the enthusiasts believe their training to be the holy grail of fitness and too often denounce all other training methods. Kind of cultish.
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

i used to do some circuit training type stuff but i think the best way to gain size is just through standard lifting, obviously incorporating the big 3 and its variations (bench, squat, deadlift).

all i know is when i stopped doing random bullshit workouts and switched to doing Dogg Crap i couldnt adhere to my calorie restrictions (started eating 5-7000 cals daily) and went from 165 to 200 in a matter of months. right now i hit a stand still though in weight gain but ive been playing around with stuff to find something that will get me maybe 10 pounds before i start to cut.
    test
  5. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

i agree with steve.. interesting thing that i've noticed is that the women in crossfit are stronger than the guys...just looking at some videos on youtube and that site you posted...

maybe it suits them better...
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Its Strength and Conditioning....you wont get swole like you would in the same time periods of body building....

the type that do this are usually Mountain climbers and MMA guys....

I throw in a couple of their "circuits" per week into my weightlifting routine just for a change, cuz your worst enemy is repetition......

'member 300? 'member how ripped and cut the spartans were??(check out Gym Jones) They did this kind of training to get them that ripped......

the strength and conditioning you get from this is superior to other methods....
    test
  7. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Again I think the conditioning aspect of it rivals any other program out there, but the best strength gains come from lifting stupid heavy weight.

And I've read the Gym Jones website in its' entirety back when 300 came out. I think the founder used to be a member of Crossfit and then made his version a bit more hardcore.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hardcore is the right word my friend.....

they say "do 50 pull-ups" as a warm up........fuck that, i can do 12-15 before im done LOL
    test
  9. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I agree with Steve.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

The most common types of people doing this kinda training are MMA, Mountain climbers, Military etc etc...

I highly doubt any gym machines routine would give them a better workout for their needs
    test
  11. LiveFromThe781

im so tired of hearing that "you need to switch exercises every workout to keep your body guessing" shit. ever since 300 came out its all people fucking talk about. yea you need to change things (like weight or rest) yet people seem to think if they do 20 different variations of bicep curls and pull ups theyll be jacked lmao. i think its good to do splits and have a few different exercises for each split like A = back squat B = leg press C = hack squat

and lets face it, not everyone doing circuit training is looking to be a mountain climber. most are just gym goers who are caught up in today's current fitness hype and think "muscle memory" is a feature of the muscle to detect whether youre doing curls with your thumbs out or not.
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well isnt it proven?

and its not for getting huge, its for strength and conditioning
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

i know its not for getting huge, but theres a lot of people who dont understand that.

as for the whole switching things to "keep the body guessing" i would say its true only to an extent (as i explained in my previous post). is it effective for mountain climbing? i guess so. i have no idea about mountain climbing or effective ways to train for it so i have nothing to compare it against. is it an effective way of building muscle? no, not really.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Crossfit has told me in an email, that if my goals were muscles mass then its probably not teh type of training i wanna do BUT on their FAQ it says this"

1. WIll i/can I get big doing crossfit??

If you train the WODs hard, and eat right and get lots of sleep, you will definitely gain lean mass, lose fat, and yes, you can build muscle mass with the crossfit protocol. More specifically, according to Coach,
    Here is a hierarchy of training for mass from greater to lesser efficacy:
    1. Bodybuilding on steroids
    2. CrossFitting on steroids
    3. CrossFitting without steroids
    4. Bodybuilding without steroids
    The bodybuilding model is designed around, requires, steroids for significant hypertrophy.
    The neuroendocrine response of bodybuilding protocols is so blunted that without "exogenous hormonal therapy" little happens.
    The CrossFit protocol is designed to elicit a substantial neuroendocrine whollop and hence packs an anabolic punch that puts on impressive amounts of muscle though that is not our concern. Strength is.
    Natural bodybuilders (the natural ones that are not on steroids) never approach the mass that our ahtletes do. They don't come close.
    Those athletes who train for function end up with better form than those who value form over function. This is one of the beautiful ironies of training.
    test
  15. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I think it's foolish they claim that bodybuilding requires steroids for hypertrophy... Nor do I buy their claim that crossfitters are more massive than natural BBers.

This is part of their problem, they think their program is superior to all others and they're a bit arrogant as well.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well its funny cuz the email they sent me kinda contradicts what the FAQ says about building mass....

I do believe crossfit is an effective way to train that is superior. Im not sayin i think its the best out there blah blah blah, cuz i dont know Im just a civillian and only get info from what i read during re-search. One thing though, you cant deny its effectiveness, it is effective and better than most regimes ive seen...

I agree about them being arrogant though, just look at their site and the vids and shit hahah they act like anyone doin anything else is a fag
    test
  17. LiveFromThe781

lmao@ ranking crossfit without drugs higher than natural bodybuilding.

show me anyone thats ever won a bodybuilding comp using crossift, natural or not.

and maybe as someone who partakes in crossfit you can explain this to me, but if the goal of crossfit is strength (as mentioned above) why do they train circuit style with high repetitions when strength gains are best acquired through heavy, low-rep sets with longer rest between sets? maybe they just used wrong wording and used "strength" when they should have said "endurance"?

i just checked out that crossfit site and did a google image search on it, hoping some jacked motherfuckers would turn up to back up their claims but id never be able to tell most of those people worked out. like i said, im sure crossfit has its benefits but saying it trumps bodybuilding in terms of hypertrophy is rediculous.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.