ULTIMATE Mag - WEEK 3 (Bring a coffee and donuts)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Clawz, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clawz

Clawz House

CONTENTS

I. WEEK IN REVIEW (Clawz)
    II. INTERVIEW WITH D.I.C. GETS GULLY (Clawz)
    III. TOP 20 BREAKDOWN, PART 1 (Got Life?)
    IV. TOP 20 BREAKDOWN, PART 2 (Got Life?)
    V. EDITORIAL: CALLING OUT NAMES (Lord Drama)
    VI. 12 STEPS TO RSTL SUCCESS SEMINAR, PART 1 (Pent uP & Clawz)
    VII. 12 STEPS TO RSTL SUCCESS SEMINAR, PART 2 (Pent uP & Clawz)
    VIII. TOP 5 VERSES (Vigil)
    IX. TOP 5 SEGMENTS (Vigil)
    X. EDITORIAL: THE SHIT LIST (Got Life?)
    XI. VOTER OF THE WEEK (Clawz)
    XII. POWER RANKINGS (Clawz)
    XIII. THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY (Rikoshay)

test
  2. Clawz

Clawz House

Week in Review​

by Clawz​

It was "Alternate" matches to the rescue this week, as 11 of 29 emcees failed to show, leaving the Contender and Red Division Title matches undisputed, while the Championship, Blue Division Title and 6 other "Round Robin" matches took place, equalling amount of battles seen last week with 8. On the upside, voting was phenomenal...geez, I wonder how it affected battles. Let's take a look at this week, by the numbers:

3.44 - Average votes per person last week
    5.06 - Average votes per person this week
    75.0 - Percent of battles won by 2 or less votes last week
    12.5 - Percent of battles won by 2 or less votes this week
    14 - Amount of votes in "I Dunnno vs. Tha DQ" (12-2)
    22 - Biggest vote count in RSTL history, "Tekneek vs. "Convicted Biter"." (12-10)
    5.63 - Average points earned last week
    6.58 - Average points earned this week

Despite lackluster turnout and a ton of sign outs this week, those who did show were on the ball, making a serious difference. Average votes were up 1.62 votes per person from last week, helping drop the amount of narrow decisions by 62.5%. That's a bigger drop than Oprah come gastronomic bypass season. One match had 14 votes. Keep in mind that the week before the new league started, the champ match had 4 fucking votes. We're approaching levels of voting not seen since the mandatory 6 votes a week era that had a bigger following, so props to everyone who's helping improve the league, and consequently, helping themselves. Not only are match decisions becoming more accurate, but you're getting more feedback and critique on your pieces as well. Anyways, onto league action.

In the Championship Match, Annihilation (13-2) defended the title against Runna DaMille (21-6) by a count of 6-3, in a lackluster match that failed to rival last week's final and disappointed many, who were expecting far better from both veteran emcees, who each hold both tournament and league titles. Runna DaMille, showcase alias for Rikoshay, will have to wait on becoming the second winningest member in RSTL history in search of his 6th belt. The Contender Match saw Pent uP (24-9) move on as Malosovich (49-25), The RSTL's ironman, shockingly no-showed. I think Got Life? summed it up best: "way to stay consistent malo...", as the ironman continues to lead the league by having successfully avoided posting consecutive verses for several months straight. Welcome back, Malo. We missed you here at the Week in Review (your checks in the mail, $$$).

Lost Prophet (14-5) took his first Red Division Title as his opponent, the always alert Defcon_5 (7-7), was nowhere to be found. In the days leading up to the match, Defcon told LP "word goodluck to u to..i say we go 50-60". In unrelated news, the town of Greensboro, NC, hosted the 27th annual All-male Bukkakethon, where a local man took the prize with a total of 58, and a bad case of herpes. In the Blue Division Title Match, Stairway (2-0) might have mistaken Urizen (8-4) for Verizon, as he was quoted saying "Can you hear me now, motherfucker?" after stomping on the emcee 11-1, moving on to face veteran Lost Prophet in the Contender Match. Stairway has made quite an impression in the league, as this up-and-coming cat comes fresh off his experience from another text league and is definitely turning head. He'll have to up his game though, as he faces his toughest competition yet. Reports indicate Lost Prophet is tuning his guitar to the tune of Led Zeppelin.

Elsewhere, I Dunnno (46-13) versus Tha DQ (4-4), as mentioned previously, one the biggest voter turnouts in recent memory. People haven't seen anything that big since Week 1 when I posted a picture of my ••••• covering this guy's face. So how big was voter turnout, exactly?

MODERATOR WARNING: AGAIN, LINKS TO SUCH MATERIAL ARE BANNED. THIS IS YOUR SECOND INFRACTION AND FINAL WARNING! -MadPoet

THAT big. The match ended in I Dunnno's favor as he took the match 12-2...what the hell? Wait a minute, I've been censored again? This Nazi Regime has gone on long enough! I'm going to write whatever the hell I want and post whatever god damn images I deem fit! It's time to fight the system! The people have a right to know, and I don't care what the consequences!

EDITED IN:

Elsewhere, I Dunnno (46-13) versus Tha DQ (4-4), as mentioned previously, one the biggest voter turnouts in recent memory. People haven't seen anything that big since Week 1 when I posted a picture of my app.le covering this guy's face. How big was voter turnout, exactly?

[​IMG]

THAT big. The match ended in I Dunnno's favor as he took the match 12-2. He'll take on Got Life? (13-8), who took down newcomer Ticker (0-1) by a score of 5-1, as his ode to John Lennon not only finished with a picture that had the words 'IMAGINE', but left GL for a moment believed he IMAGINEd seeing Jersey Emcees late vote for Ticker, immediately letting the fellow New Jersey native that he needs to "Learn to read the rules Jersey...voting is over at 12 real time..." There's real time, RM time, and then there's New Jersey time, whereby how many ounces of crack you've sold in a day determines the position of the sun. We don't use that.

In the week's only neck-and-neck battle, returning former champion Lord Drama (1-0) narrowly edged out veteran Pain (14-9) as both textees clashed it out to a 5-4 result, as Pain signed out after his recent rise to the top. The always vocal LD will take on the RSTL's second winningest emcee of all-time, Tekneek (65-24), who defeated Lola Cruez II (2-2) for his 65th win, surpassing all-time great Tha Talent, who has 64. Congratulate him when you see him.

J O O K's return to the league as Brickz (1-0) was nothing short of stellar, as the man best known for ending Rikoshay's 18-game winning streak shut out former champion Vigil (13-9) by a tantilizing tally of 9-0. Cousin JOOK was 100% jook as onjookers agreed he jooked his opponent, coming in swingin' wit a right-jook, and the jook of it was that JOOK is jook , and that's all the jooking you jooks gotta know, so jook off. Last but not jook, Jersey Emcee (23-17) went head-to-head with Mr. Chaves (3-3), as the latter suffered a 7-4 loss to the former champion also known as Liquid Life.

Entering the league this week are Scratchmatikks (0-0), Penitence (0-0), Blackwell (0-0) and Juked (0-0).

And that's the Week in Review.
    test
  3. Clawz

Clawz House

Interview with D.I.C. Gets Gully​

by Clawz​

Claushouse: All right, you've been in this league a long time, 46-13 record, 4 championships, and the only emcee to have ever won 2 tournaments, verse of the week, voter of the week, comedy writer of the year (twice i believe), creative writer of the year. You've basically done almost everything. What motivates you to keep writing?

DIC Gets Gully: I love writing. Its why I had so many names. I'm working on a book and shit about when I lived in group homes...... Rap has been a huge part of my life since I was a kid in the 80s. Putting them together is a natural element for me and I enjoy entertaining people with new ideas that they don't see a lot of. Whether its comedy or some super crazy shit. I like the recognition from my peers which is what I've missed from not recording in a while so the RSTL fills that void a lil bit. But I'm fixing my computer and I'll be recording soon again and doing shows too

Claushouse: What do you think are the differences in sense of accomplishment and achievement in Audio compared to Text? Alot of audio-heads heads partake in text, but there's a fairly large number that dismiss the genre entirely. How would you feel about that perception of text from an audio standpoint?

DIC Gets Gully: I actually thought of recording a few of my RSTL stories. And I've used some of my recorded raps in the RBL, taken a few punchlines from them. They can coexist and the people that can't see that are really closed minded and won't reach the higher levels of rap that are out there in the text. A lot of audio heads that I've seen on sites have almost no flow..... That's y they don't do text. It wouldn't get read and would be dissed if text was made out of some audios

DIC Gets Gully: Everyone's entitled to their view on the shit, but if you close yourself off to any part of rap, you can't be a complete rapper. Same with writing and life in general. I respect all of it so I embrace all of it

Claushouse: First off, speaking of the RBL, what's your take on that league and have you participated in it? Secondly, in your opinion, how does the RSTL and RBL's styles of writing interact and enhance the others writing in terms of a person writing in both leagues? We've seen some very succesful crossovers like J O O K, who's won titles in both leagues, and more recently Ribonuclease has made a successful entry into the RSTL and many of his lines are clearly influenced by his RBL experience. What can people get out of writing both?

DIC Gets Gully: Yea, I was in the RBL. Had some beef with OZ over stupid shit. Kind of got outcasted and started focusing on more creative writing. It doesn't seem to be mased on skills all the time, which was clear to me. Its more of a popularity thing there than the RSTL cuz the verses are short and all it takes is a few punches. I actually battled Ribo way back in the day and he beat me.... Lol, he's got skills on some punchline shit. If you can grow in both leagues, you're obviously more of a complete rap writer. Rap started off with battle rappers so to neglect that part of it would be close minded to rap since that's the history of it. Story telling has been a huge part since fools like slick rick, krs, run dmc in the 80s so that's a huge part too. Flava flav is a mothafuckin fool.... Had to throw that shit in

Claushouse: In terms of growing as a writer or rapper, what kind of advice or motivation do you have for newer cats entering the RSTL reading this? Not everyone has the ironman determination of a Got Life? or Pain to stick it out and grow into a better story/topical writer, and it's fairly easy to get depressed or let down by a few losses or critcism or whatnot. What can they do to get thru the learning curve, why should they bother, and what does the league and, importantly, the people in it, have to do to keep the new influx of rappers in the RSTL?

DIC Gets Gully: Wowm that's a mothafuckin bomb...... I hope they can grow from the critism they get from voters in their matches. When I first got here I was relectant to listen to voters advice, but it's even help me grow and mature into other realms of writing. You have to already have skills to be here though or some of these voters will just flat out tell you, 'you're weak' and if you can't stand up for yourself, you'll fall and you're writing wil suffer from a lack of confidence..... Keep confidence in yourself to grow. We all have off weeks, but it takes strength to have a bad week and come back to have a great week

Claushouse: A good example would be the champ match this week lol, far from a tour de force from me and Riko lol, due to circumstances in real life mind you, but there's always next week. So what are your aspirations returning to the league again recently? You took a 12-2 victory this week, have entered the bracket matches, are you eyeing that 5th title, joining the ranks of Peril Eyes, Rikoshay, Tha Talent and Jowelz?

Claushouse: And is there any way I can dissuade you from doing so? :p

DIC Gets Gully: I already have my 5th title as far as I'm concerned. I just wasn't credited for it cuz of Omen's fake ass, but whatever. I'd enjoy the high acknowledgement of being put in the likes with the greats if people think I deserve that. Lol, our match was really damn close and I'm sure if I you're there and I make it there with you there, it will be a great mtach. Damn, that was a bit a tongue twister. I think its good that the champs that are coming up now are really challeneged and it's an easy walk to the title. You have to deserve it

Claushouse: Absolutely, The New RSTL has stricter stipulations for being credited as champ under the new section of stats, but in terms of the original Hall of Fame ties and no show wins still count in order to remain consistent. It's too bad that wasn't instituted a few years ago in my opinion. You were a moderator for a period in the RSTL, what do you think of the new leagues features and regulations, how was it different when you modded, and what would you do differently now?

DIC Gets Gully: The only thing I would improve is the topical choices, which was one of my strongest qualities I braught to the league. I might add my Dic in ya report to the mag, I think I did a cool job wit that. I think it kind of difficult on you mods to get all the stats and do all this shit... This would seriously effect how much weekend pussy I got. I gotta give yall credit fa dat shit. Riko is married tho so he probably stopped fuckin a while ago. Lol, jp..... That's ny niggie too
    test
  4. Clawz

Clawz House

Claushouse: Haha, I just showed my girlfriend the site and went from there. She pretends to care and asks me on Sundays "did you win your battle?" lol. Anyways, are there any incoming cats catching your radar or anyone returning that's impressed your in particular?

DIC Gets Gully: Haha, yea, my ex used to seriously follow my accomplishments here and was in the ptl. Tek tried to hollar at her too... Lol, fool ass. Can't take pussy from the Dic.... But back to the question. I see that L dogg is back and everyone knows we haven't gotten along in a really long time so I hope we can squash that. He has had verses that have showed me he's a talented writer and I hope to see those verses again. Malo is in full stride and everyone knows that's my dog so I wish him well. Honestly, you've impressed me more than anyone else in the league currently with the imagery and details you use cuz it seems that we share a lot of the same strengths. New people, I like the 2 ladies we have here in the DQ and Lola Cruz. I think itLs much harder for women in the league and they've grown to earn the respect. Much love ladies, come give the Dic a hug and show him some love. :p

Claushouse: You know, I saw this short video on HBO with this varied demographic of people in a room talking vulgarly in a room, and the twist was that it was mimicking an online chat room except the actors were playing the online persona's real age and sex...ever since then I'm wary of making online acquaintances with "women" lol. Any final comments or shout outs you want to make?

DIC Gets Gully: That's crazy.... I've actually had a few online stalkers and shit. Got one of my accounts pirated and shit and the bitch erased my buddylist.... This online shit is twisted sometimes, but I also get a lot of naked pics from women I chat with and I don't mind that shit at all. Malo and pent have seen some..... Damn, nicenessness. Just wanna give a shout to you mods fa doing the damn thing. Gotta give a shot to Got Life?, I know yall niglets beefing part time, but he puts some effort into making this better even though he starts a lotta shit. I can respect that part.

Claushouse: Yeah definitely, he's like one of those helpful parasites that hang onto fish lol. Puts alot of effort into the Top 20 Breakdown so gotta give him props too, he definitely has been the ironman of this league, 22 straight weeks I believe.

DIC Gets Gully: Lol, damn... Called him a tapeworm that swallowed all the aids in the system and shit..

Claushouse: Thanks for your time, D.I.C, and good luck in your match vs. Got Life? next week.

DIC Gets Gully: Yea, he has been doing the damn. Shots out to pent and malo.... No show pent, wtf. Don't make me come to san jose and fuck you up.

Claushouse: lol, Malo no showed, fyi

DIC Gets Gully: Oops

Claushouse: but pent up didnt vote, you can yell at him for that haha

DIC Gets Gully: Lol, I thought pent no showed. I'm drunk

DIC Gets Gully: Well, reverse that shit, but I can't go to the UK to kick Malos ass so I'll just tell his lil brother to punch him when he goes to sleep
    test
  5. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 20 Breakdown, Part 1​

by Got Life?​

Being that the divisions remain absolutely irrelevant in my eyes I’m just going to go through all the round robin matches first in no particular order and then we’ll bring you to your feature presentations.

Tekneek versus Lola Cruez II​
    Up first we have TeKneeK vs Lola…now as far as experience goes I don’t think we could have had two people with such opposite levels of experience, with Tek being one of the original RSTLers and Lola being one of the newer individuals. The votes for this match show Tek coming away with a 6-3 win, but in actuality it was even closer than that as Lord Drama’s vote should have been dq’d for having to short a breakdown of Tek’s piece…regardless of which this was a close battle where both writers. While Lola continued to improve on some aspects of her writing she let others slide away this week and left voters scratching their heads wondering what in the hell they just read. Tek on the other hand could not have written a more generic verse about a “gangsta” thief. The only problem was that there was absolutely nothing original about his piece at all which is why I personally did not vote for him. At the end of the day though these were both mediocre performances at best, which is a let down because both of you show promise from time to time.

Tha DQ versus I Dunnno​
    Up next we have Tha DQ vs Dic…in this paring of both these writers the most evident thing is that Lola doesn’t seem to have much luck as far as who she’s been facing as every single attempt she has at getting on a roll has been stunted by one of the veteran and better writers in the league. This week was no different as Lola had a rather clever piece with nice metaphors and what not, but her piece was all over the place with her thoughts and she lost her readers as she seemingly lost her own train of thought while writing this piece. Dic on the other hand came with a classic “Dic” verse…writing about some obscure slightly disgusting topic, which voters claimed had them laughing. Personally I got a chuckle out of the situation the character was put in, but I do not find this particular style of writing comical at all and am honestly curious as to who actually laughs when they read that. Nothing against Dic though because the imagery and flow he brings when he writes make up for his obscure stories. Tha_DQ was mediocre this week, but Dic was good and we all know that mediocrity is never better than success.

Vigil versus J O O K​
    That brings me to Vigil vs Jook…at first when I was doing predictions I had no idea that Brickz was Jook and so I expected Vigil to blow some random newcomer out of the water, but that was not what happened here this week as Jook brought a solid verse about disparity in Africa to life through his rhymes. Personally I did not see a connection between the topic and the verse which distanced me from enjoying the write as this is a topical league and I like the verses to be creative approaches to the topics, but once you look past that his verse was just better than Vigil’s. The reason for that being that Vigil’s piece progressed slower and didn’t allow for the reader to really get into the character within his story…being that as it is both writers were Good this week and this was one of the better battles this week.

Got Life? versus Ticker​
    Next is Ticker vs Me…While Anni congratulated me on this win, I thought that it was nothing special because nothing about Ticker’s verse really captured me and being that he decided to bitch about voters in this league although he’s never even earned the right to bitch I’m going to delve into his verse and try and explain this for him. The opening stanza had terrible flow if you’re reading it in a rap tone…there are line breaks that don’t have multies in between your rhymes which only breaks the rhyme up and doesn’t allow it to read smoothly…beyond that this is written in an unpolished and sloppy manner with poor grammar and weak mechanics, and that’s just the beginning…needless to say as a reader this did not capture me at all and the connection between the character and his mother were very weak and didn’t add much to this piece…honestly I can’t even say that it was mediocre because there were so many flaws within it. As for my own piece I don’t think it was my best, but I was playing around with a different style and I think that I subconsciously wrote about John Lennon although I never actually intended to.

Jersey Emcee versus Mr. Chaves​
    This brings me to the battle of Mr. Chaves and Jersey Emcee or as we all know them better…the battle of the misunderstood…each of them was unhappy with the votes and left this battle wondering if they were understood at least at some point or another…and this is me telling you that no…we don’t get you at all…you guys are just to slick for all of us…even though a good portion of us are smarter and wittier than you guys, but no…you guys are truly the geniuses of the league…anyway Jersey wrote a piece with a lot of emotion asking for forgiveness from various family members about various things he’s not proud of doing in his life, which had a nice emotional effort, but it lacked any sort of depth that would really draw the reader in. On the other hand Chaves had some clever lines here and there, but his flow and the general fluidity of his verse continued to suffer…at the end of the day though this piece left the reader wanting a lot more because the ending was inconclusive with the rest of the piece and asked for someone to come save us as opposed to doing some actual saving. All nonsense aside this was a decent match, but I think both of you could be doing a lot better.
    test
  6. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 20 Breakdown, Part 2​

by Got Life?​

Lord Drama versus Pain​
    As far as the match between Pain and Lord Drama the votes went back and forth and I was just left wondering whether the rules actually permit the submittal of two verses in one week…my understanding is that this is not the way things fly, but I’m sure someone will clear that up for us. As far as the breakdown of this I think Pain continued to deliver genuine pieces…this time talking about the RSTL itself, as usual he had a very nice flow, but the material didn’t quite grasp the readers as much as it grasped me I guess…As for Lord Drama, being that he gave such terrible breakdowns in all of his votes read his two average verses yourselves…I don’t want to break them down, but I will say that I do not think he deserved the win last week, but then again I don’t think I voted on anything the same way Tek did.
    With the round robin matches out of the way let me bring you both divisional matches.

Lost Prophet versus Defcon 5​
    In the first LP vs Defcon, as stated earlier Defcon did not feel that this match was important enough to show up to, but as LP was very good about voting on everything and left quality feedback allow me to return him the favor. This started out pretty good and I enjoy the whole Mario throwback…I remember playing this on Nintendo and SNES…first flaw was the lack of transition before the “I’m in this alone line”…ok feeling the scheme…second flaw was the word “decently”…you just didn’t need it and I feel it messed up the rhyme a little…other then that…there were no flaws in this…it was a smooth read and a very refreshing one as well. Not the best verse this week, but a good one none the less.
    Actually that’s something I noticed consistently is that I really didn’t see anyone come with their best this week and I’m not sure whether it was because of the lack of good topics, or if everyone is just kind of unmotivated. Whichever the case may be I hope that turns around.

Urizen versus Stairway​
    In the other divisional match we saw Urizen face off against Stairway…the way the votes turned out this match was a blowout…11 to 1 in favor of Stairway, but I don’t feel either writer really approached this battle with much care either…Stairway had the more polished of the two verses coming with a lot more imagery and better general mechanics, although Urizen did have a creative approach to his topic and a smoother flow…at the end of the day though Urizen’s piece had a lot of potential as it had a Sin City like story, but it wasn’t executed to it’s full potential…one general thing most people did agree upon though was that this match was a disappointment. Stairway I don’t know your potential, but Urizen…I’ve seen you do better than this and I hope you can revert from this an start elevating again.

Malosovich versus Pent uP
    As for the contender match Malo no-showed and Pent didn’t vote on anything so this match does not get a breakdown as both of them are on this week’s shit list.

Annihilation versus Runna DaMille
    As for the champ match…this was definitely not as exciting to read as last week’s champ match and yet it garnered more votes…I think this battle had the best mechanics between two writers…on the one hand Riko came with that fresh scheme and flow that he is best known for, but on the story side of it…there just wasn’t much depth to what he wrote…Claus continued with his cookie cutter routine…writing yet another elaborate piece, that left me feeling dry because it lacked the emotion that he attempted to portray…Regardless of that though Claus did come with the better piece this week and came away with the win.

As far as I’m concerned this was a pitiful week with a lot of people coming under-par and not doing much for the league…We really need to start seeing people step-up and start doing something creative and fresh before everyone starts to lose interest. Step your game up you fucks!
    test
  7. Clawz

Clawz House

Editorial: Calling out names​

by Lord Drama​

Common now.. You didn’t think I’d sign up for this league and coast my way to the top without sayin nothing did ya? If you did, then you must be unfamiliar with my background, and why im the Lord of Drama.. Now every now an then I see some shit that I feel like talking about, but don’t feel like wasting my time announcing it in a post, cuz quiet frankly its pointless bickering with people who post online for their non profitable career on the board; however, I agreed to a 20 million 5 week contract, thanks to Rikoshay’s mom, that requires me to put my foot down on some shit…

First of all, I want to address that idiot who goes by the name of Lost Prophet. this past week, dude decided to vote on my match. Now there is the Pent up type stupid and plain retarded stupid… this guy falls somewhere between the two. He begins his vote by saying.. And I quote:

“My vote goes to Pain because I don't think it's fair that his one verse went up against two of Lord Drama's. The best overall verse is probably Lord Drama's second one.”

Now let me get this straight… Your voting for a guy because he had one verse and I had two despite what was actually written? Whose fault it is that his one verse was up against my two? If I remember correctly, I was the first person to post my verses outta the whole league. Now assuming I had an opponent who showed, he would be aware of my two posts and could then chose whether or not to match my two, or take his chances with his one. That being said, the amount of verses a person posts shouldn’t even be considered a factor when you have a limit of lines one can write.. Its not my fault and shouldn’t be my downfall that the mods stuck his verse with mine. None the less, This type of voting is what I would like to call sissy bitch style.. All I can really say is learn how to fucking vote kid.. it’s the material you should consider, not the style one chooses to use his lines with.

Moving on we have another winner to talk about by the name of Rikoshay. Dude Dq’ed one of my votes for not writing enough about why I liked tickers verse better then the other kid he was facing.. I mean Jesus fucking Christ guy.. I broke the shit down the way it was presented to me and you have the nerve to take it away when your ass didn’t even vote this week? I saw that you came in to vote against me after I went into your match and told you your verse lacked just about everything… that’s all gravy though, but for someone to do away with a vote when you didn’t even take the time to vote/post links to your votes in your own match simply because you were loosing, and being a moderator of the league itself, is just ridiculous. Practice what you preach motherfucker and do your own job before worrying about how other people did theirs.

Lets move onto this funny ass guy who goes by the name of Got Life?… well, to answer his names question, it’s without a doubt that this kid does not have one. Do you really think you can impersonate a Malo or L dogg with your unoriginal “im being blunt blah blah im cool now” talk.. First of all, if your trying to be a tough guy you have to back it up, or at least be ABLE to back it up… now if your trying to do that by writing the type of shit you did last week then your only fooling yourself. I personally would take tough guy talk over some prissy faggot trying to win people over for votes talk so keep doin your thang.. But if you ever expect to go to the next level you need to up your game and write better

Where does it all end you ask… well it ends with Jook.. Yo son, do you think making a thread in hookups with my name in it kissing my ass is gonna win me over? For those who didn’t read his thread .you can find it here:

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=971544

I gotta a couple issues with this, first being the perception you live in. Anybody whose anybody knows there is no such thang as a flawless verse. No matter what you write, what you write on, or how you write it, there are gonna be people thinking it’s the best, worst, or average shit. That being said, I don’t look to perfect my writing for anyone.. Moreover, I look to the horizon and broaden my audience so that each different aspect appeals to each individual in its own way. No one person should like my verse all the way through unless I chose to generalize my format for that specific reason. But enough about how I do thangs… Id be lying an hating on a dude like Jook if I was to say he didn’t have some talent… The guy has an attitude that is relatable to my own and he tends to think of himself in an egocentric perspective, much like I do about myself.. But I don’t think his shit is nearly as good as he probably thinks it is, and im guessing he thinks the same about me and my writing, but that’s cool.. Its what its all about.. This is a competitive thing… don’t come in this league and use the good ole “im only here for writing I don’t care about the win or loss” bulshit cuz it’s a crock of shit. So ill see you around Jook and you can try to shut me up then.. But until that day comes your just another pent up that im walking on whenever I please.

If the names I mentioned are offended.. Good.. I enjoy making people angry.. It makes for better writing/reading material. You wanna do something about it? then do it when you see me in a match.. Or you can take your bitter ass into my matches in future weeks and write convincingly long bulshit about how you think I lost, when you had me losing before u even read my shit.. Either way is good for me mothafuckas.. But realize its an eye for an eye when you playing with fire.

This is Lord Drama signing off.. See ya next week.. Shouts to all the real people holding shit down.
    test
  8. Clawz

Clawz House

12 Steps to RSTL Success Seminar, Part 1​

by Clawz and Pent uP​

Guess who's in the Championship Match this week? Not you! But we're here to change that. Today, in this limited one-time special offer, Pent uP and Claushouse's 12 Steps to RSTL Success Seminar, the sure-fire shortcut to success will be revealed to you, all for one low, low price. If you're one of the first 20 people to read this article, you my friend, are further on the road to success.

Claushouse:

1. Worried about that talented, good for nothing try-hard moving up the ranks to potientially face you next week? Don't be! You want your full voting points, but you don't want to vote against him and appear biased. Quite the dilemna, you say! Here's what I do: make a kind, appeasing "critique" (if you can call it that) of both verses, and say that talented, good for nothing try-hard "just won it by a hair" or something to that effect, and then post..OOPS! You forgot to hide your vote! What a shame. Wait several standard minutes, then edit your vote and hide it. Moderators will be sure to notice your edited vote and DQ it. Hope a lack of voter turnout and some bad votes keep the match close, and you're on the fast track to success, you dastardly, young go-getter.

2. Post as many self-gloating threads as possible in emcee hookups and try to pass it off as boosting the leagues credibility and popularity. Any hate replies are a good thing, you're generating interest, and should antagonize them further. Threads like "Coming out of Retirement" after your two week vacation watching Xena on your couch in your parents basement is always a big hit. If you're not getting enough responses, create new user accounts and build them up over time in useless sections like Lipstick Alley or whatnot. Make sure NOT to use those newly created aliases immediately, build them up with various personas and posts. You've always wanted to be a dancer, now is your chance. You are Cristobel, you are from France, and you like lemon morang pie and velvet garments. But you're also MC Hammerhead, a big fish in a small pond, who has a chip on his shoulder and more defense mechanisms than a freudian handbook. Don't limit yourself to simply upping threads in Emcee Hookups, sign them in to the RSTL. That hater veteran vote against you again with some "comprehensive" vote about your "lack of rhyming" or some crap? Hammer Time.

3. Do you have too many losses on your record due to bullshit like "not showing" and "losing"? Stick it to the man, and sign in under a fake record, or better yet link them to an out-of-date battle you were in when you're rec was passable. This is extremely crucial to your appearance in the league, as you're judged by your wins and losses columns, not your actual verse that no one reads. This is especially important, now that the league runs on a "points" system. Try combining various old names with low records like 3-1, 4-1, 2-0, even if you don't own them. Chances are these people will never show up again, who's going to know? They were probably all no-show wins that low on the ladder, which you would have gotten had you been them, so it's the same as you having earned the win. Combine them to make a beefed up record that will impress, and then use the various tips in this seminar to avoid tough matchups and win matches.

4. Another tip is to vote opposite whom your opponent voted for in other matches, that way you're guaranteed to create bias and catch other bias voters such as yourself to vote for you despite your inferior verse. Avoid voting in honest voters match in order to minimize the possibility of them returning the favor and actually voting in your match, you want the least exposure possible to any sort of objective analysis. The key here is preparing two separate votes on a notepad file. You're going to post a template vote with the "hide" brackets in place, in order to see who your opponent voted for. QUICKLY, edit your vote, paste in whichever pre-fabricated vote you came up with that is for the opposite of whom your opponent go for and submit. You should be able to beat the Edit function's feature of tagging your post as having been edited and you're in the clear. These stupid, slow mods could, in theory, use this "ghosting" feature to see what the original post said, but who the hell is going to know?

5. Do you think Pent uP and I reached the Championship Match on talent? LOL. Why write when you can be jerking off to hentai or playing Strip Poker with Magic: The Gathering cards with your LAN buddies? Hell, I'm not even writing this write now. What I did do was purchase 30,000 gold pieces for Ultima Online and comission this article both off eBay. There are lots of english major college dropouts (also known as bloggers) anxiously waiting to satisfy your every whim and ghost write for you at .02 cents a word. You'll be RSTL League Champion in no time, whereupon you'll realize that life has no meaning and the emptiness of winning an online title will drive you in a failed attempt at suicide by slashing your wrists, and be interpreted as a "cry for help", even though it wasn't, you fucking failure. You should know enough japanese from watching anime to realize what you have to do. I'll spell it out for you: Sep-pa-ku. "But Claus, where am I ever going to find a real samurai swor..." eBAY.

6. Now, you might be thinking, "sure, these things work for big-time celebrities like you, but what can this do for me?" But a more important question is, how are you going to finance this package in order to gain the secrets to our success? Well do we ever have a treat for you. We're going to start you off with 2 fresh votes, directly from me and Pent uP. That's right, straight from the Ashen horses mouth. No charge, just to show you how serious we are about our product. All you do is send us 4 to 6 votes, over the next several matches, and within 4 to 6 weeks you'll receive a personalized and voter-friendly vote from yours truly, that's how much we believe this product can work for you. Try it out today, and you'll be on the road to success.
    test
  9. Clawz

Clawz House

12 Steps to RSTL Success Seminar, Part 2​
    by Clawz and Pent uP​

Pent uP:

7. Hate the mods. No matter how cool they seem; no matter how much work they put in, as a matter of fact, try to get them to focus on you as much as possible. If you notice someone is having technical diffuculties try to answer their questions before the mods get to them. attempt to show up the mods and showcase yourself as 'more reliable' and 'more people friendly.' If the members think you are kind hearted and focused on the league they will vote on your merits alone. Make sure to emphasize how much the mods suck and that you do a better job no matter what the task is, dont stop there though; try to make predictions threads, tell people they are DQ'ed, post vote counts, post topics, create sign in/out threads, tell the mods how something should be ruled, fix peoples records and more than anything Become the 'people's champ' and ride to victory on your newly smoked out high horse.

8. When critiquing try to think back on other verses you've heard or read before. If the style of story resembles ANY verse you can recall, emphasize how much of a biter the person is. For example, if you were to do a story about the simpsons in a deragatory manner closely resembeling how 'I Dunno' did his verse on Charlie brown but say with violence instead of sex; you would still be considered a complete biter, an unoriginal writer, and would lose on your verses intent alone. The common perception is that each verse has to be completely original and perfectly isolated in style from any other verse, if you cannot provide that sort of uniqueness you are bound to fail in the RSTL, which is subsequently the reason that the RSTL is slowly turning into a poetry league. The general opinion is that every story and twist has already been created and your attempts at a story that lack a twist are to bland. So now everyone decide that emotions are so personal they are always 'fresh' while in reality all you really need to do is focus on the details of your verse.

9. Always underestimate new-comers to the RSTL. If someone you have never seen before signs in, expect that they suck; only vote for people whos homesite is rapmusic.com. Anyone from another site is subpar, has failed every english class in the history of highschool and beyond. Assume that they are average at best but most likely here to rap about the hood they are from, which (as you can guess) will seem extremely gully and have no emotional attachment. It will be about cunts, guns and funds; the great american hustle or anti-government orientated. Contrary to those people, if you see someone sign in with a great record, automatically jock them, and they will like you quickly. Remember that they came from an era that 'started' the RSTL, or that they are from the 'golden era' and that they are automatically unfuckwitable. It always seem 'refreshing' to see old heads come back and spit because we think that they are the ones who gave us our styles. Always give them credit for being the illest and never let anyone vote against them. Call it outrageous that they lose unless in the champ match. Remember that they will only vote for other old school people or people who vote for them as the RSTL was always biased before you came into it. Treat both new commers and returning vets with the same amount of discriminatory love, and you will be champ in no time.

10. Remember to knock votes. everyone who notices the slightest negative trait about your verse is a hater. They don't know how to write, they are unable to form proper rhymes, they dont know how to read multi's, they are dickriders. If they fault your storyline, saying you have holes in the story and they couldnt follow it, remind them how your mind thinks with an essay on what you meant. remember that you could say that shit in like 3 lines in the verse, but when it comes to explaining it to them one on one, it takes an essay. if they DARE knock your vocabulary, point out the handful of 5 syllable words you used that weren't rhyme words. remember to rebuttle to everything people tell you because their votes are mandatory, and no one wants to help you progress as a writer. Most of all keep focus on the fact that you are the greatest writer in the league and no one has the brain capacity to interpert your unfuckwitable lyrics.

11. Vote for whoever your opponent voted against. Its not exactly HATE voting, its attempting to assure that your votes even out. This method is really good if you're in a close match. When you vote on a battle, follow your opponent and try to notice who your opponent is more entertained by, act completely opposite and talk up the opponents verse, put extreme emphasis on the fact that his shit is WAAAAAAAY more coherent and gully. By the time it comes down to vote, make sure to make it seem like a landslide victory, in your opinion, and then continue to ask and emphasize on how much you want them to 'return the favor' (which happens a to be common term for suck my dick back).

12. Rhyming as much as possible is your only chance at Victory. No Lie. The average RSTL voter turns on a beat of their choice, tries to 'flow' your piece to it and claims that it isn't clear enough because they fail to find the right beat. you can only save your ass by throwing in 3 multi's a line, even 2 syllable multi's, as long as there is constant rhyme, and the words seem to create a story of some sort then you are bound to get voted for. The common misconception is that the 'flow' of a story is really how well the rhymes are displaced is wrong. The actual meaning of 'flow' of a story is how smoothly the story develops and how progressive each line is. Tell that to anyone trying to rap your verse, and they will call you a liar and a horrible writer. Tell that to someone whos verse you're reading and they will knock your vote. Also, it is commonly agreed that a verse cannot be good if it uses single syllable rhymes; this is infact something no one can really prove right or wrong, but the entertainment value of a slow-rhyming verse can definately be higher than a rhyme filled verse. For proof go read some early Inf Truth. Rhyming is said to be the base of the RSTL, when in reality you should be focused on STORY DEVELOPMENT.
    test
  10. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 5 Verses​

by Vigil

This was a really good narrative piece with a steady pace that helped
    progress the story. One thing I really liked was that none of the rhymes
    were forced, although the vocab was simplistic and amateruish. Stairway is
    clearly a beginner but his storytelling skills is great, and he'll be
    successful in the league if he drops pieces like this week in and week out.
    Good shit Stairway!

This was really creative, something that's been missing in alot of rstl
    pieces as of late. The depth and mystery in this piece are two reasons why
    this verse made this list, very few writers in this league can draw readers
    in with the story and Got Life is one of them. The flow and transitions were
    also good, not top-notch but good enough to help progress the story. One
    thing I didn't like and I already told Got Life this, is the character's
    name. I'm a reader that pay attentions to detials and if a writer writes
    about a guy named John and includes imagine but the story doesn't relate to
    John Lennon, then I get pissed. Maybe Got Life did this on purpose, either
    way, it was a great verse.

I liked the detail in this verse, it made the story way more intriguing.
    Clawz verses are always descriptive and this one is no different, and the
    backdrop of the story was good. The emotion and imagery were also top-notch.
    The story wasn't original but the approach was, and one one that takes quite
    a bit of skill. I liked how the piece went and back forth through time but
    still kept the reader's interest. You can definitely tell Clawz doesn't
    half-ass when he writes cause the depth in this verse was one of the best
    this week.

The imagery in this verse was sick, very few writers can help readers
    visualize and D.I.C is one of them. The verse wasn't polished what so ever
    but it was one entertaining read, definitely the most enjoyable read this
    week. The description had a quite bit of humour, and the flow along with the
    scheme were really good too. This piece was different which is perhaps the
    biggest reason why I liked it, it was fresh, not like anything I read this
    pask week. And it was a breeze to read, I'm sure everybod who read it
    agrees. Good shit D.I.C!

The subject matter is the biggest reason why this verse is at the number one
    spot, now, of course the writing was good but very few writers tackle
    important issues, and I'm always for that. Jook's approach to the 1994
    Rwanda genocide was refreshing and I liked how Jook took a negative thing
    into a positive one. The description and imagery raised the verse to another
    level, and the emotion brought the story together. This verse is a great
    example of what every writer should shoot for, everything about it was
    top-notch and exactly what the RSTL is about. A good story, real emotion and
    important subject matter pack a strong punch. Good shit J O O K!​
    test
  11. Clawz

Clawz House

Top 5 Segments​

by Vigil
    [hide]
    5. TeKneeK

From the neighborhood streets sent to the casket
    Street sweepers would lurk usin territory tactics
    Some blow into the window, some kickin in doors
    Most would flee left with grips while sweat drips from their pores
    But when its done I make a toast to all the thugs in our prime
    To be a thief to take whatever in our moment in time..

4. Lord Drama

Of knowing where life goes through micro light flows
    that’s where I want to go when the light slows
    I might know then why we may die broke or live life on times strokes
    Behind every Pinocchio nose lies what defines answers unknown
    So imagine!

3. Vigil

I've tried fixing my past relationships,
    but I laugh when I try to grasp what I've made of this.
    It's almost as if I'm afraid to live
    I'm on course for death but I don't wanna take the trip.
    I'm at that age now where I can't afford to make mistakes
    I don't know if this belt will support the brake or break.
    Plus I'm now wondering if my life is done
    cause I haven't just hit rock bottom, I'm stuck under one.

2. Pain

While ya'll keep writin' about shit that never happend,
    Every word I speak is truth when I vent with rappin',
    My frustration just keeps liftin,
    Each little hill keeps gettin' a little bit a bigger,
    Which is why I'm bout to take a hiatus from this,
    Maybe learn exactly how to pull of some frontin',
    Cuz that what ya'll love, right?
    Why would I rap about another, I stuggle just livin' one life...

1. Runna DaMille

This is for everyone.
    From the average persona non-grata acquaintance
    to the popular patrons
    of places where everybody knows your name and name droppers are shameless.
    From role models of sainthood
    to brown paper bag bottling vagrants hitting rock bottom in basements
    on up to the astronauts in the spaceships
    For the truth seekers caught in the matrix
    and the adventurous nomad stranded in backwater locations.
    [/hide]
    test
  12. Clawz

Clawz House

Editorial: The Shit List​

by Got Life?​

So I realize all of you had to take a lot of time out of your schedules to write up some phenomenal battles this week, but honestly…this week was like a Soap Opera “The Good, The Bad, and the Mediocre”. If you’re not sure what category you fall under then you’re probably assuming that you’re one of the “Good” writers in which case you’re most likely one of the Mediocre writers on a good day and you tend to be one of the bad writers. All that aside though this week held the same consistency as last week, with alternate matches helping out the league by allowing for more matches to happen. First off though I’d like to dedicate the opening segment to all the people that did nothing except clog up pixilated space in the league this past week.

Shocking absolutely no one Malosovich decided that he was to busy debating US politics in the lipstick alley to show up to his battle for the contender match and no-showed. To boot Malosovich also decided that voting wasn’t worth his time and the moderator continues to lead by example doing two of the things that this new league is trying to eliminate. Thanks for playing Malo…I really don’t know what you expect out of the members of this league when you continue to pull bullshit like this, but we forgive you…after all nowadays the sun does set on the British Empire.

In similar fashion former moderator Defcon 5 decided that he too was overly strained by his daily tasks of stirring up an argument in the Emcee Hookups about who is the RM text champ from 99. Clearly that was a much more relevant and much more important thing to be doing than writing in the league or voting in the league, or fuck it for that matter even participating in the league. Not that it would have really mattered because the way that LP has been writing these past few weeks he would have steam rolled over the consistently mediocre Defcon.

And if you ever got excited about an old vet signing into the league, well then you were like a kid on Christmas expecting that pony that you always wanted only to end up getting Barbie’s gay pink unicorn. I say this because once again the vets most upset about being deemed irrelevant were the ones truly most irrelevant in the league. First off we have Anonymous who while he claimed is someone important proved his importance by not showing up, not voting, and the word of the streets is that he was seen walking away from the league stomping his feet saying, “I won’t let you hurt my feelings.” Temper tantrums aside this is something I’ve grown to expect so whenever I see someone with under 10 posts sign in or someone with over 20 wins I naturally expect a no-show unless it’s someone known for their consistency.

Speaking of consistency former champ Insense continues to be consistently useless by no-showing and not voting yet again…congratulations…you truly show what former champs in this league really stand for.

A few more people went out of their way to make my predictions early in the week quite accurate as Symptoms and Blackwell both no-showed and didn’t vote, proving to people that I am indeed an Oracle when I predicted both of them as being utterly irrelevant. Concise joined them in this joyous plight towards being, yet another useless and worthless hindrance in the league.

A few people tried to hold onto a shred of dignity and managed to stay in the league by the grace of the mods. Those two people were Misskeydaqueen and Ribonuclease…both of them claim to have personal issues which prohibited them from writing, but they attempted to vote…Ribo not getting quite enough votes in, both with the exception made by the mods he stays in the league. Hopefully they’re personal issues don’t come up again this week and they can be of more use in the league.

Of course the no-showers aren’t to be outdone by the lack of voting in the league as several people found themselves to busy with their personal lives to drop at least 4 decent votes in the league. Personally I’m tempted to believe sources that these people who include Lola, Pent, Riko, Chaves, and Pain indeed didn’t do much for the league this week as well.

The moral of this story is that if you’re so damn fucking busy, sign the fuck out and participate in the league when you’re not busy playing checkers with your grandma, smoking yourself to oblivion, or trying out your skills at being a buffer for porn flicks.
    test
  13. Clawz

Clawz House

Voter of the Week​

by Clawz​

This was easily one of the best weeks of voting in RSTL History, with Lost Prophet, Urizen, Got Life?, Annihilation, Tha DQ and Lord Drama voting in essentially every match. Some really fantastic voting by Lost Prophet and Got Life?, last week's winners, also some great and comprehensive votes from Annihilation, multiple times winner I Dunnno, and Vigil. Props to MISSKEYdaQUEEN, who, despite no-showing, voted on 4 matches and remains in the league. One voter stood above the rest, however, both building up to this week in the months prior and also really shining this week. Lost Prophet and I Dunnno came close to vying for the award this week, but this person has been voting, win or lose, week-in, week-out, even when they had nothing to benefit from doing so. This person voted on all 7 possible matches this week, as usual formatted the votes to make them easy to read and understand, voted with extensive breakdown and reasoning of why they chose one verse over the other, and even broke down each of Lord Drama's verses against Pain's separately in a novel-sized post. This person is none other than a very well-deserving femcee, Tha DQ. Congratulations to you on your great voting, and to everyone else for making this collectively one of the biggest voter turnouts per capita in league history, with only one match going down to the wire. Let's try to keep up the same pace come next week.
    test
  14. Clawz

Clawz House

Power Rankings​

by Clawz​

Note for Opera users: Your browser will not display these images correctly. Use Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Updated All-Time Power Rankings, along with highlighted names to see where those currently in the league rank among the rest. Now factors in tournament performances as well. The Top 20 from this list are now in the Hall of Champions/Archives as well. If anyone knows how to export from Excel to the boards and save the me trouble of printscreening my excel sheet that would be much appreciated. The new stats on the leftside are still a little fucked up, but they aren't factored in atm, so the PR is accurate. Without further ado...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    test
  15. Clawz

Clawz House

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly​

by Rikoshay​

The Good: We've had 8 matches for 2 weeks in a row!

The Bad: We've had less than 30 people signed in for each of the first 3 weeks. Spread the word people!

The Ugly: Mods have been forcing "Alternate Matches" (And will continue to indefinitely) in order to have as many matches as possible. Remember to volunteer!

The Good: People are voting their asses off! 6 people voted on all matches! 7 people voted on at least 4 (Including Misskey, even though she no-showed). A total of 81 votes were cast on 8 matches! If you're in this league for some critique, you're getting it.

The Bad: Some people still aren't voting at all when they're down (Lola, Pain, Chavez), which only compounds the lack of points.

The Ugly: A few still haven't read rule requirements and occasional votes are DQed for stupid technicalities.
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Just a few pointers For L Dogg before I continue reading this...number 1 pain was put in your match as an alternate so no he wasn't aware that your geeky ass was going to post 2 verses...number 2 if you want to fly out from that bumble fuck state and come see me i'll gladly slap you around...until then shut your depressed ass up...no one cares that it's always raining in Washington and that it's always raining on your parade...oh and son...thanks for telling me to elevate when the last time we faced you lost...but thanks for the memo...

That segment from Anni and Pent was funny as fuck...but seriously...who does that... lol nah...but yea...thanks for the nods...and congrats to tha_dq...you finally won something ;)
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lmfao this guy serious?!?!?!

Hey I love it, this mag was pure entertainment, I'm a good sport.

Shouts to all the mods who made this happen and even the folks who arent mods like vigil coming in and taking time to give something to us. Shit takes effort and team work. Ohh got life too I seen him up there.

This is what this shits about fellas, this is why I came back, I feel as if the rstl is at a very high point and as long as you guys keep putting up this effort you'll have my support 100%

By the way NICE MAG NAME lmao
    test
  18. Clawz

Clawz House

Hope yall like the mag.

Some fun stats about this weeks entry:

Pages: 23
    Paragraphs: 177
    Lines: 948
    Words: 10,401
    Characters: 49,208
    Characters (with spaces): 59,614
    test
  19. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Real talk.

Ow shit. Poor me. I missed a break down of the WRONG VERSE from Got Life... Nevermind, I only rate the top 5 verses/stanza's segment at the moment.

Great English.

Great English.

Nice mag.
    test
  20. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

Whoa!

great mag.

All rstl members better come in and make a comment at least cause this mag is big.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.