UFC working on Anderson Silva vs. Vitor Belfort

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Big K, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

ps- overeem has 17 submission victories
    test
  2. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

not a crummy bjj guy..

a crummy fighter

homies been at this for quite some time an still hasnt turned that corner..
    test
  3. DisFunction

DisFunction New Member

lmao @ this kid..

wut a loser
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

jesus christ all you do is follow me around

go ahead and tell me how nick doesnt deserve those fights and ill make sure i shit in your mouth publicly AGAIN

you keep doubting nick and betting against him because you have a little 3 inch hardon for the guy and he keeps winning

what the fuck is your problem you inbred fuck?

what fights make sense for him in strikeforce, larry coker? cmon lets make him a match, do it...cmon fuckbag youre the pro here

im sorry, youre too fucking stupid to get it, too less of an mma fan than myself to figure shit out... go to ANY mma site and search how many people have made vitor vs diaz threads in the last 3 weeks (mine being one of the first) then go fuck yourself

nick just dominated scott smith (1st KO win over terry martin)

vitor has TKO'd terry martin too, but it took 2 rds

ill shit on your mothers grave after she dies of cancer
    test
  5. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

id say dismantling lindland is a start

plus he is only 32... dude has about 5 PRIME years left to capitalize on
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Oh no, Vitor has lost fights, so there's no sense in thinking that guy will win in the future!

Vitor also has a history of losing to wrestlers, yet he just destroyed the most decorated wrestler he's ever faced. He's improved, both mentally and technically. He's found the weight class that suits him and has transitioned to it triumphantly. Would he beat Anderson Silva? I'd guess not, but I still think he could be a top 5 MW.
    test
  7. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yet some idiots think diaz vs belfort at 185 would be a mismatch

just goes to show you how stupid a message board can be

on one hand nick isnt good enough to fight vitor

but vitor is trash?

so that makes nick less than garbage?

people should check their resumes

they dont make sense when they speak
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think it would be a good stand up war. Both can grapple, but neither do unless they have to.

Thing that worries me about your boy Nick is that he lets himself get tagged quite a bit because he can take it right now. But in a few years when all that catches up to him, it'll be sad to watch.
    test
  9. toker

yea but lindland isnt that good.. atleast from what i remember

henderson n couture > lindland

i never said vitor wouldnt win again i said i dont think he will ever turn the corner an be the elite fighter he could have been..

wen he 1st hit the scene he was outstriking HW even though hes a 205.. but somehow he gets his ass handed to him by sak whos like 175??

he should have been able to take chuck but that was kinda a hard fight.. the tito lost is inexcusable imo..

i dunno belforts career is wierd.. he gots wins over some impressive fighters but has losses to ppl he should have beat.. he beats up HW but losses to MW

whatever the case goodluck
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

lindland is a world class wrestler (olympic silver medalist)

vitor served his ass before he could make him grapple

he has had trouble with grapplers so maybe he turned the corner with lindland? possible no?

im wondering if you even watched the vitor/tito fight to call it inexcuseable .... the decision was a joke

plus tito fought rashad to a draw and should have won minus the point deduction... AND beat the LHW ex-champ AND he took machida to a decision... tito is no bitch partner
    test
  11. toker

i dont care if hes a gold medalist.. yoshida is a black belt judoken or whaterv n he sucks.. same wit that gardner kid..

dont support the ufc or tito so nope..

n tito isnt good.. suspect chin, cant strike.. only shit he can do is take u down an gnp.. n if he isnt a bitch why'd he duck everybody for so long?

he kicks ass in the original ufc on dc thou..
    test
  12. Newportz

Newportz Guest

Kind of pointless to be talking about Vitor's sub defense anyways when he's matching up with anderson...

The fight screams early K.O.

Vitor's a black under Carlson, Anderson's a black under Big Nog.
    test
  13. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I agree that Vitor's career has been a weird rollercoaster. I like to think at one point he was just lacking the passion and phoning it in. Maybe he won't be elite, but I'm certainly rooting for him.

I'm not a big Tito fan, but I don't really understand the suspect chin comment. He's never really been anything but knocked down with a barrage of strikes, and I even consider his tko losses to liddell early stoppages (especially the second one).
    test
  14. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

tito isnt a likeable guy but the dude was a monster and he is STILL a very relevant , very game opponent

maybe not TOP TEIR but hes definitely close
    test
  15. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

MArk why do you bother with some of these guys lol

Vitor V diaz - DOPE FIGHT.

Vitor V Silva - dope fight, and I see Silva winning by submission. I dunno why. I see Vitor wanting the slugfest Ala Hendo, but Silva wanting less of that then he did with Hendo because Vitor could land a stiff one more acurately than Henderson. Id see the clinch game go into some surprising ground work, where Silva has the advantage.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

On sherdog, there was a quote from Lyoto posted about how he blacked out during the triangle in their fight and that he almost got his arm broken. Of course these are just "almosts" but with Machida so far that's pretty damn good.
    test
  17. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

tito is a top ten fighter better believe it,,,and so is vitor
    test
  18. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I really don't like when the Tito supporters talk about how he would have beaten Rashad without the point deduction. Go back and look at that fight and tell me that if he didn't hold onto the cage for dear life that Rashad wouldn't have won that round with UFC scoring just by laying and praying for the rest of the round. Therefore, you could say that Rashad would have won the fight, but the Tito supporters seem incapable of looking at it from that angle. With the Nick Diaz thing. I think he is world class, but I like him at 171. I honestly want to see him fight GSP. I think he would give that annoying Canadian all that he could handle.
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

im not a tito fan or supporter but i respect his game present as well as past

im nicks biggest fan probably..... he fought 170 in the ufc... hes not the strongest dude on the block, he will admit that

180 is a cool weight for him but im thinking some of the better wrestlers at 185 would give him the same problems nate is having at 155

tough call for nick... he is a stud fighter kinda stuck in limbo for now as far as his weight goes.... and anything under 170 for him is terrible, except for gomi he hasnt looked good at that weight... looks slow, depleted etc

we will see , nick is young, should have alot of years left
    test
  20. toker

tito was the perfect star for the ufc...

big headed, trash talking, over rated wrestler..

set the trend for present day american fighters
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.