Ufc !n sweden ([review])

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 15, 2012.

?

What did you think of UFC in Sweden?

Poll closed May 19, 2012.
  1. BEST CARD OF THE YEAR!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Great Card!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. COULD of been A LOT BETTER!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

UFC on FUEL TV: Gustafsson vs Silva marked the UFC's first time stepping foot on Swedish soil.
    I personally watched the event (main-card wise) and will break-down the fights in a quick manner (the
    Swedish crowd was very accepting of the fights, not booing much and in fact breaking into 'clap' like
    chants
    very often; good crowd).

Biggest Winner:Siyar Bahadurzada (Def. Paulo Thiago)
    Biggest Loser: Damacio Page (Third straight loss)
    Best Submission: John Maguire (Armbarred Demarques Johnson)
    Best (Technical)Knockout: Siyar Bahadurzada (Def. Paulo Thiago)
    Most Shocking: Thiago being dropped in 40 seconds in Siyar's debut!!

Siyar Bahadurzada came up big in his debut at Welterweight; fighting known Paulo Thiago, and disposing
    of him in less then a minute. Almost as shocking was British John Maguire catching Demarquez sleeping
    for his first professional Arm-bar victory (which was deservedly Submission of the Night)...I still can't get over
    Siyar's Knock out of the Night.

[​IMG]
    What a debut...

(DogMeat, Siyar didn't respect him too much after the KO upon the review.)

Fuel TV Fight Night Main Card Results:
    Bantamweights: Brad Pickett vs Damacio Page
    (Pickett Def. Page via REAR-NAKED-CHOKE 4:05 of round 2 in the Fight of the Night.)
    Welterweights: DaMarques Johnson vs John Maguire
    (Maguire Def. Johnson via ARMBAR 4:40 of round 2.)
    Featherweights: Dennis Siver vs Diego Nunez
    (Siver Def. Nunez via Unanimous decision in the first fight to go the distance on the Main card.)
    Welterweights: Paulo Thiago vs Siyar Bahadurzada
    (Bahadurzada Def. Thiago via KO at 0:42 of round 1.)
    Middleweights: Brian Stann Vs Alessio Sakara
    (Stann Def. Sakara via easy KO at 2:26 of round 1.)
    FILL-IN-FIGHT: Welterweights: Papy Abedi vs James Head
    (Head Def. Abedi via REAR-NAKED-CHOKE at 4:33 of round 1.)
    MAIN EVENT: Light Heavyweights: Alexander Gustafsson vs Thiago Silva
    (Gustafsson Def. Silva via Unanimous decision in only the second fight on the main-card to go the distance.)

test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i saw that fight with paulo thiago and the other dude won by punchers luck. It wasnt even that nice of a punch. Just threw it out there and caught him lucky as he was rushing in....

would definately of liked to see him and thiago go for longer lol
    test
  3. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Siyar is a world class striker.....luck had nothing to do with it

solid card overall
    test
  4. LungZzZ

I was more surprised Paulo ran in like a fool. I was in the washroom when it happened but luckily it was short enough the Replay was the whole fight. Thiago just ran forward for a clinch and got what he was asking for. He fell SO fast though, I may not have picked him in the picks but I called it that night though.
    test
  5. LungZzZ

couldn't agree more. The whole card wasn't the best in the world, but 4 of 6 fights were finished. And we got a seventh that was finished as well :D. NO complaining.
    test
  6. LungZzZ

Alexander Highlight.

!Nice FUEL TV Highlight of Alexander Gustaffson's fight!

test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah i was proud of him, ive seen all his ufc fights and he looks way better... well see his next one and im gonna be sold on this kid
    test
  8. LungZzZ

Who do you see Alex getting next? I don't see him in line for the belt just yet. Maybe Lyoto Machida for a real step-up, or even Ryan Bader for a solid test against his wrestling (which was his weakness in his last loss).
    test
  9. LungZzZ

Gustaffson reminded me of a slower Jon Jones though, he is going places.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

Brian Stann Vs Alessio Sakara !HIGHLIGHTS!

!!NASTY FUEL tv BRIAN STANN HIGHLIGHT FROM SATURDAY!!
    Sakara was brought in and out of life repeatedly...​
    test
  11. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

alex needs a smaller test at the moment, putting him against lyoto machida is WAYYYY above his league. in my opinion lyoto machida is one of the best in the world, i say give him bader or maybe a rematch with phil.

if he won either fight i would say give him an elite opponent. i dont like for fighters to be rushed into top ranked opponents.

#SIDENOTE# thiago got FLATTENED!! i didn't xpect that. reminds me of how shocked i was when sotiropolous got ko'd, surprised until i realized he aint a striker. but still i expected him to make a title run.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

**- Have to agree with you here. If you read what I said, Lyoto would be the real test. Yes Machida is one of the best in the UFC, but he is 0-3, 0-4, so I don't see him getting to pick and choose at this point. Bader would be an insult to Alex (but makes sense for Bader after Rampage victory); the Davis rematch would actually be ideal...Though I doubt Alex could take Phil out as easy as he did Silva.
    ***- Did you see the fight? The highlight may be a little misleading but Alex didn't finish the fight; far from it actually. He did drop Silva early in round 1 though.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i was talking about paulo thiago not thiago silva. my bad lemme rephrase this

paulo thiago got FLATTENED!! i didn't xpect that. reminds me of how shocked i was when sotiropolous got ko'd, surprised until i realized he aint a striker. but still i expected sotiropolous to make a title run.
    test
  14. LungZzZ

I getchu now. Shit was nuts man, definitely not expected.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i believe he has 2 fights left on his deal so maybe he bounces back.

hard to imagine his confidence will be there though.
    test
  16. LungZzZ

Hard to believe they cut him. He isn't too old (31) and still has an impressive record at 14-4. Looking on the bright side of the fact he's 1-3 in the past 4, one of the loses was fight of the night.

If he looks lousy in his next fight I would be worried.
    test
  17. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

in the ufc is ur only good as ur last fight.
    test
  18. LungZzZ

I don't agree with that necessarily but it's definitely portrayed that way to the fans.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i dont agree with it fully but i do to an extent. a lot of times i seen top notch fighters get knocked out in the ufc or take a humiliating loss and never be quite the same. look at chuck liddell, matt hughes, karo, dan hardy, etc.

i dont believe its a physical thing, but a mental thing
    test
  20. LungZzZ

Dan Hardy I feel was over-hyped. He was never a good wrestler, that was his weakness.
    Chuck and Karo you could possibly consider as candidates for your theory, but I think they are also drug abusers who lost their will/passion/mind and eventually chin because of it.

Matt Hughes and Chuck were legends though. Matt Hughes is only second to GSP as most dominant champion, heck he forced GSP to implement a stronger wrestling gameplan. I think the mental aspect isn't so much the loss or the KO but the bad habits that strip their passion.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.