UFC 94 REACTION Thread

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Rock Swift, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

It's official: Fitch has a better guard that BJ. GSP couldn't pass Fitch's guard until he damn near knocked him out.
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Shakes head...I can't believe that BJ got dominated like that :frown:

I have never been so disappointed after a ppv in my life.
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Damn, Bj didn't step up at all. Thought it'd at least be competitive no matter who won. Standup and grappling was all GSP.

Basically, BJ submitted to strikes.
    test
  4. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I've been hesitant about jumping on the Machida bandwagon, but man he seems unstoppable. Not just his evasive style, but he seems to have some good striking as well.

He's kinda like scorpion from mortal kombat. Back, back, throw a projectile that lures them in, attack.
    test
  5. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Get the hell out of here. Fitch comes down from 195, And GSP likely weighed in at 183 fight night time. Penn's Guard is one of the best in the sport. GSP had a great gameplan that he executed to a tee. Props to GSP but his fight with GSP did nothing but show one how good GSP is and two why we have weight classes.
    test
  6. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

he's confident in his skills. and he took on a much bigger opponent. and thats all he brought? you gotta be kidding me the guy fought his ass off. he was outclassed by a much bigger guy, Penn deserves all the credit in the world for wanting to fight the best and not just talk about it like 95% of the fighters in the world. he could have done like everyone else and said oh i don't care who i fight its the UFC's job. No he went for the number 2 P4P ranked guy in many's eyes and lost. who cares what he said before the fight he came to fight and he fought a great opponent and lost.
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I thought Penn was going to lose the same way he did to Hughes for a sec.

[youtube]Cl-beMYQ-K0[/youtube]

[youtube]LtcYUfgz8j8[/youtube]
    test
  8. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

So did i. I was very surprised he got out of that crucifix. Penn showed alot of heart in this fight. im disappointed in the outcome but im very proud of him for going for the gold. Penn's fighter spirit is why im such a huge fan.
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think the fight was more of a testament to how good GSP really is moreso than how overrated Penn is. Penn had great takedown defense round 1, but GSP came back out and beat him standing up and on the ground. Just a good old fashioned beatdown.

The only people that have proven they can endure GSP are other elite wrestlers, and even then, barely.

Like I said in AEH i think it was, I'd be concerned for Anderson Silva. And that's my favorite current fighter.
    test
  10. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Im not concerned about Anderson one bit to be very honest. this fight to me proved nothing to how GSP could handle Anderson. i think Anderson would stay outside and pepper GSP before an eventual KO. if GSP tried to bully Anderson around like he did Penn or Fitch he would eat some deadly knees. the thing is St. Pierre leaves himself open for a great striker like Anderson. his need to be in close to win that fight would be his undoing.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Anderson also likes to throw kicks, and he's been taken down in almost all of his UFC fights.

Could be interesting, though.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Anderson would not beat GSP. GSP would take 'em to the ground and beat 'em up. Point blank.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

yeah just like Dan Henderson did. i cant wait for that fight. i hope GSP gets it. Silva is going to maul him.
    test
  14. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Except St. Pierre has better jiu-jitsu to stay out of submissions, better ground and pound to keep Silva busy (worried about blocking), better stand up, and better takedowns. But basically.... AND HE'S A SMARTER FIGHTER!

St. Pierre by TKO over Silva... My prediction.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  15. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

i dont care if i was wrong about every pick THATS MY NIGGA!! jon jones is goin to be THAT NIGGA in a couple years IM TELLIN YOU RIGHT NOW

HARD PARTYING, i aint been so hyped in a long fuckin time wow

had art on the phone goin crazy shit is un fuckin real, he just DOMINATED bonnar, rogan went as far as to say he was showing some of the best takedown skill in mma, THATS MY DUDE!
    test
  16. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

there was so god damn much grappling/wrestling tonight and not a single submission lol
    test
  17. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

GSP's wrestling is too strong. Unless he gets decked first a la the first fight with Serra (when it seemed like he wasn't trying to wrestle) than he's going to beat pretty much everyone.

The boy Anderson could stay back and throw strikes when GSP tries to close the gap, but I could see GSP eating his shots long enough to clinch or grab legs.
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Basically. Rashad Evans couldn't avoid GSP's takedowns. HOW THE FUCK WILL SILVA?

And not saying his stand up is as good as Silva's but it would hold up. It's as good as anyone's stand up Silva has ever fought mixed w/ the best takedowns and wrestling and ground and pound. GSP BY GROUND AND POUND!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. Crates

Crates Well-Known Member

It's taking a while for people to grasp his style because it's very unique compared to the other fighters. I wonder if more fighters will start studying Shotokan now?
    test
  20. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

since i first seen em (not his first fight) i thought he was amazing, hes not always exciting but talent wise?? dude is above and beyond a lot of fighters.. for some reason tho i let myself fall into the preview hype and thought silva just MIGHT catch em..

worst prediction made lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.