UFC 2009 >> FightNightRd4

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Blunted, Sep 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blunted

Blunted straight up

don't get me wrong, but this fucking rd4 is wack.. due to one fact.

you can't change nor mess around with the configuration... that's what kills the game. dont get me wrong, graphic & gameplay wise.. is ilL, other than that don't buy it.

so if you like punching wit the buttons, don't get it.

now, UFC is tight... at first i didnt like it.. i thought the gameplay had to be a little bit faster, but than.. i got use to it. about the controllers to it, you got to get use to it too.. i just can't get use to rd4's bullshit joystick crap.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

they just added the button controls in the latest update....

ufc is dope...but it feels mroe like a video game than fight night, which i think captures the sport better

but considering all that is MMA , Undisputed did a good job...

hopfeully they fix the striking atleast in the next release...that shit is terrible
    test
  3. Blunted

Blunted straight up

damn don't tell me that shit...i just fucking sold my fight night rd 4 3days ago!!!!!

jesus!!!!
    test
  4. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

fight night was garbage
    test
  5. hakunamatata

hakunamatata New Member

no way

fight night is hands down better than ufc...ufc is explosive at times, but it doesn't take any technique or skill to play. it doesn't fully capture the sweet science like fight night and the fight night graphics are amazing. ufc just seems a little bit to stiff for me. plus i like the control set up with all punches coming from a smooth swivell of the stick. makes the fluidity of the punches smoother
    test
  6. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

ufc is better but fight night is mad fun and if you cant punch with the joystick your mentally challenged
    test
  7. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I don't see how anyone can say UFC is better. Fight night captures boxing unlike any other game I have ever seen. With Undisputed, it was glorified button mashing [dunno]
    test
  8. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

test
  9. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

Recently copped Fight Night Round 4 at Best Buy for $20

figured why not at that price, dirt cheap

havent played it tho

dead @ no floyd mayweather in it

heard their is going to be a pack released on marketplace where you can get him and marciano which would be dope
    test
  10. k.s.

k.s. .

fnr4>ufc

stfu
    test
  11. jayoo

glorified button mashing?? do you have any idea what your talkin bout? fight me an button mash watch what happens, the ground game is ILL.. yeah fight night 4 captures boxing like never before but you forget undisputed did mma like its never been done before..

but regarding fight night you can go to share boxers and download ones people made.. they good to I got a sick rocky, apollo, mayweather, marciano, etc I don't care if they all real or not long as it looks official
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

MMA > Boxing...

sorry die hard boxing fans...

and on that token....

if you do MMA....try not to throw hands with a boxer...and if you Box....YOU BETTER STICK AN MOVE!
    test
  13. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

you constantly do subs, the one with the least fatigued fingers wins...

lol

That's my only REAL gripe with the game, is the button mashing/mash rolling for subs ect........I got carple tunnel hands, i can't be doing that for long........

i still think Fnr4> undisputed......
    test
  14. bboyzeez

bboyzeez New Member

im going with ufc as its more all round and some dope ass moves on there coming from training in mma im bound to say that anyway haha
    test
  15. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

hmmm...well lets see. The three biggest components of MMA, imo, are: 1) Striking/standup, 2) submission/sub defense, and 3) takedowns/takedowns defense. On Undisputed two out of three of those are determined by button mashing [dunno]
    test
  16. jayoo

fight me an lets see, if that's the case the fight is always a toss up on who would win I bet I beat you 10 outta 10 times..

if you button mash striking you will never hit me, if you throw combos its another story

fact remains, if it relied on button mashing one person wouldn't be better than another, but my online record since I got a new xbox is like 132-19 with no did not finish.. I don't button mash, I fight like a real mma fight

ill beat you in fight night 4 too haha you got xbox live? gamertag: realjayo
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  17. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

^^he said everything is button mashing except striking..which it is...

takedowns/takedown defense - Mash buttons

Submission/submission defense - Mash buttons

Striking is bleh, they fixed some of the bugs but i remember cats would just pick rampage and run and through unblockable uppercuts and shit.....horrible.......

only thing that requires timing is the transitions, but even that is lame when you can just hold back on the analog stick to block them. And the lag online makes it almost impossible to pull a reversal.
    and the striking is the weakest part of the game tbh......
    test
  18. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

I've been playing Fight Night Round 4 for the past couple days and all i have to say it is fuckin ridic.

I'm a UFC fan but I have to go with:

FNR4>>>>UFC
    test
  19. twdIDescipleI

twdIDescipleI New Member

fightnight 4 is better
    test
  20. jayoo

that's the thing tho rampage don't have unlockable uppercuts, an yeah i know exactly what you're talkin bout.. you guys are just no good at a game so you try to become super critic an downplay it, its ok

if it was a strictly button mash game it wouldn't be possible to win over 80% your fights, the whole button mash term probably started back when people got worked in like mortal kombat give it up already just say you suck at it an move on
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.