UFC 151 Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson Hype Thread

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Makabreli, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

King Mo seemed to be siding with a brotha to me.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

what do you mean fuck jones?

he had been training for hendo... all of a sudden 8-9 days out he supposed to get ready for sonnen with his belt on the line? also 8-9 days of media circus, so how much training could he have actually done for sonnen 2-3 days? with his belt on the line? i kinda dont blame him. But he was doomed by the situation not by his choice i think....
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

well he was training for a smaller wrestler known for his huge right hand and jacked up via TRT, and instead was offered a smaller wrestler jacked up via TRT.

although it's got me wondering if he fears freestyle wrestling a little bit. if that's true, i actually wouldn't blame him so much for turning it down. i don't think that's the case, but who knows.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

it's hard to talk too much smack about jones. we can call him whatever we want but he can still break our favorite fighter's faces.

i just wish he was a little more of a company man. ufc helped make him a huge star in a short amount of time and he's complaining about everything.
    test
  5. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

They should have made the Jones/Sonnen fight a non title super fight and then maybe it would have went down.
    test
  6. LungZzZ

are you listening to yourself?? Weaknesses don't mean you turn down fights...He is the first champion to ever do this...
    test
  7. LungZzZ

Jones should of been a man plain and simple, he took a middleweight fight even here, and though it is dangerous, I don't give a shit, wtf is his reach advantage going to be??? Come on man..

(this was kinda to Demigod)
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Yes, it does. At least in the UFC.

Machida did it, and rightfully so.

The Pride days where you didn't know who your opponent was until a week before the fight are gone. UFC guys are accustomed to 90 days to prepare strategies against one another. Not saying I like that mentality, but its commonplace now.
    test
  9. Makabreli

Makabreli done

[youtube]1e4Mwnvh9Sw&[/youtube]
    test
  10. LungZzZ

In the end of the day you get a fight and you have to fight it, plenty of fighters face other fighters specializing in their weaknesses in many fights and lose because of it.
    test
  11. LungZzZ

2 guys turn down fights, and neither I really even think is for a weakness, unless you make the claim against Jon Jones.
    test
  12. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Btw.....Vitor now out with a broken hand.
    test
  13. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Scratch that.....twas a hoax
    test
  14. LungZzZ

FUCK THAT WOULDA SUCKED, thank got you fudged up, check out the MMA Corner in the meantime for a Jon Jones apology to us fans and the fighters.

:D:
    test
  15. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Also there is a new MMA meme......Good Guy Jon Jones.
    test
  16. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I am baffled that people are upset with Frankie Edgar getting a shot at 145, upset with Jones for not fighting Sonnen, upset with Sonnen with whatever vague ass reasons that people are upset for, yet it seems that NO ONE is talking about how fucking silly it is that Vitor is getting a shot at the 205 belt. What the fuck is going on? Has everyone gone insane? First they were considering giving Shogun a shot after being on a ONE win streak against Vera of all people, and now they've somehow upgraded to Vitor?

What seriously perplexes me is that people are now talking about "Oh but don't count out Vitor, because he has a chance" whilst claiming "Sonnen didn't have a chance anyway". That. Is. Fucking. Insane.
    test
  17. LungZzZ

Lyoto got the shot over Shogun, and even after Shogun beat Brandon, Dana said Machida was the #1 contender.

Either way, I think everyone was kind of like me....Jon causing the cancellation of UFC 151 was surprising as fuuck....LIKE who thought a WHOLE event would just disappear from history, is the next event called UFC 152 still really? Why not just UFC 151? neways after something that surprising, it didn't matter...Lyoto turned Jones down,
    then Shogun...We were happy Vitor took the fight to be honest, especially after Jon didn't take his.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.