Ufc 145 breakdown

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Breakdown:​
    UFC 145​
    Originally supposed to take place in Montreal, Canada, May 24th,
    but canceled due to scheduling conflicts, UFC 145, April 21st marks the first numbered
    UFC event in TWO months.
    *Matt Wiiman was supposed to face Mark Bocek in a lightweight bout but was forced
    out due to injury.

[​IMG]
    Say what you will about Rashad, he knows how to hype his fights without stooping
    to ridiculous levels (like say Chael Sonnen would). When Rashad fights, one usually wants to
    watch it
    , all be it to see him lose or win.
    Jon Jones is one of America's rising stars. If there is real money on the table, the smart choice is Jones.
    [​IMG]
    Che Mills vs Rory Macdonald is a tough 1. Mills is an englishman with a wealth of experience;
    past Cage Rage champ with 2 KO wins over Marius Zaromskis in the 1st round.
    Rory is no slouch though, holding an impressive 12-1 record at 22 years of age.
    [​IMG]
    Ben Rothwell vs Brendan Shcaub is essentially a veteran vs rising star. Rothwell hasn't strung together
    a string of victories in awhile, and both are coming off losses. Expect an exciting fight that may end before the
    3 rounds finish, with Schaubs hand raised.
    [​IMG]
    Mcdonald vs Torres is another rising star vs veteran. Torres, the elder, found succes in the WEC
    and was thought to be the next big thing. Time proved otherwise, and he hasn't quite found the success he once had
    since his first KO defeat. Michael may have less experience overall, but 2 of his 3 bouts with the UFC have gotten him
    OF THE NIGHT bonuses; Be on the lookout for the kid.
    Last but NOT LEAST
    [​IMG]
    John Alessio Vs Mark Bocek is a battle of the Canadians on American soil.
    The Vancouver native Alessio looks to impress his boss in his first fight back in the Octagon since 2006;
    while the Torontonian Bocek looks to show off his BJJ prowess and secure another victory by submission.

WHAT FIGHT do you think will be FIGHT OF THE NIGHT?
    ALSO DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR PICKS IN HERE: UFC 145: JONES VS EVANS
    test
  2. LungZzZ

You can really tell this card was supposed to be held in Canada, with 3 fights containing a Canadian, 1 fight even compiled of two; couple that with the fact Jon Jones is a rising star who recently defended his belt in Toronto and one can tell this was a Canadian fight-card transferred to Atlanta Georgia.
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Should be interesting..
    test
  4. LungZzZ

Should be. Hopefully Rashad reclaims that title! :lp2:
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

We shall see. :funny:
    test
  6. LungZzZ

:HAM:
    doooooooooon't stooop, bellllllieeeeeeving
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny:, that's true...but, in all honesty, I'm always unsure of who will end up winning...but it feels good screaming at the screen when the fighter you've placed a bet on, is not performing to ones satisfaction...:scared:
    test
  8. LungZzZ

True. I liked your picks, the card really doesn't seem that exciting after seeing all the names, but I think the fighters will deliver.:ninja:
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

They better bring it. And hopefully none of the fights will drag on forever...I prefer a good ko as opposed to winning via a decision.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

Sweden was like that, so expect the same. Hominick has a comeback fight, Jones/Evans and even the Rothwell fight I could see being finished.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Comeback fights can turn out to be the best fight of the night, or the worst one for some reason...
    test
  12. LungZzZ

I hope it's not the latter of the 2. Mark is from my Province so expect an amazing fight, the kid has heart, talent standing and on the ground.

I've never seen his opponent so I expect a WAR.
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Same here on the wishes.

The bloodier, the better...:funny:
    test
  14. LungZzZ

Mark is down to get fucked up so you should get your wish :funny:
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Awesomeness...:funny:
    test
  16. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

good read.

i dont see rothwell gettin knocked out. the guy took cain's punches like a g.

why is rashad ur favorite fighter lungz?
    test
  17. LungZzZ

I grew up as a boxing fan and I remember Floyd vs Arturo had just gone down, sometime after that was the first TUF. Never picked a fighter or anything but MMA was sick and this show helped sell it to me. I started getting all the events PPVwise, and come the second season of TUF I picked Rashad to win. Undersized in the division and did some devious things, especially round 1 of the TUF 2 finals.

After that I followed him through thick and thin and though it took a bit for his finishes he has had entertaining fights and I can't turn my back on him.

I liked him when I was more of a kid, but I kind of still hold on to that.
    test
  18. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

interesting. i wonder if you screamed at ur tv during the machida fight.

ive always been an anderson silva fan. since he beat franklin, ive picked him to go undefeated til the end of his career.
    test
  19. LungZzZ

Yup Anderson was 1 of those guys 2. He came early in my time loving MMA, entering the UFC against a favorite of mine, Chris Leben. Ever since that day he was my number 2; though he is the best fighter in the world. The only reason I don't consider Silva my all-time favorite is because I just think it is to bias.

+ the Lyoto fight sucked. The whole fight just felt to weird, Rashad wasn't himself at all, you could tell he bought into the Machida stigma...I really wouldn't mind Rashad Vs Gustaffson or Shogun now.
    test
  20. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

rashad was outclassed imo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.