UFC 140: Biggest Winner

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by theSomnium, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theSomnium

theSomnium Soliloquy

Jones did his thing, Mir took home an arm and Lil' Nog ate Tito's lunch. But I've got to give it to The Korean Zombie. He went from nearly being axed from Zuffa to beating the guy who gave Aldo his biggest scare in 7 seconds in two fights.

Who do you think was the biggest winner at 140?
    test
  2. Brown Recluse

Brown Recluse Hermit, no crabs

John Jones is the biggest winner because he is going to be officially labeled the best by the UFC after this win. Seeing what he did to Machida, who in their right mind wanna fight this dude now??? I don't even know if Anderson Silva would dominate this kid!!!

Frank Mir came up big too, because what he did was legendary as well. He is the best with the ground jujitsu now. He wears that crown!!!
    test
  3. Makabreli

Makabreli done

since when was the korean zombie close to getting axed? he's had two fights in the ufc, the first was the first twister sub in ufc history and the second tied for the fastest ko.

he's had four fights under the zuffa banner, including the two mentioned above. his first was probably the best slugfest in mma history which made him famous to the point where even dana white was wearing korean zombie shirts.

i wouldnt say he's immune to being axed, but i could see him being given a shitload of chances with his track record.
    test
  4. Makabreli

Makabreli done

jones. this is his third ufc champion in a row. he's now officially taken out the biggest names in the lhw division.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i think mir was the biggest winner. jones had an impressive victory but everybody favored him so it was kinda expected. mir is the only guy to ever submit nog who has a legendary and decorated ground game, broke his arm. submission of the night, and dana white calls it "the submission of the century"
    test
  6. theSomnium

theSomnium Soliloquy

Had he lost to Garcia in the rematch, after getting his lights turned out by Roop, I don't believe he would have been invited back. There have been stranger returns to the octagon (see Omigawa, Elvis Sinosic, etc) but it's nothing to worry about now.
    test
  7. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

I wish Big Nog didnt go for that fucking submission. Should have just stuck with the GnP. Surprised he didnt get that choke considering he had Mir hurt.
    JBJ is the fucking man btw. Never been a fan fan of his personality, but his skills are undeniable.
    test
  8. Makabreli

Makabreli done

machida had jones in trouble
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.