UFC 129 streams...whose got em?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

yeah the whole card was good other than the main event
    test
  2. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

yes i remember quite clearly. if im not mistaken the certain wrestler you are referring too tested positive for PEDs and was suspended for 6 months. but of course he was innocent right? not only that but Anderson had suffered a rib injury prior to the fight and actually cracked it in the first round. how much more advantage does someone need to win a fight? yet he still makes chael tap like a bitch after fighting 5 rounds with having fucked up breathing from the rib injury against a sterioed up wrestler. GSP wont have these same conditions as Chael did , so your arugment here is invalid

Now you want to talk about the time he faced a GOOD wrestler? ok, what about Dan Henderson? won the gold medal in the 2000 olympics for greco-roman wrestling and also has 3 silver medals and 2 bronze. Dont know how much more of a good wreslter you could ask for... GSP hasnt even wrestled in the olympics once, and Dan Henderson is both much heavier than GSP and a better striker than GSP ever could be in his life. Afterall, GSP hasnt KO'd a guy in his entire MMA career. look what Anderson did to henderson...submitted him in the 2nd round. and submitted chael in the 5th. if GSP is going to take the takedown route against anderson, its not like he wouldnt be expected it at all during the entire time hes training to fight gsp....afterall, laying on anderson for 5 rounds could be the ONLY thing GSP could do to him.

GSP fights at 170, barely. He couldnt even put away BJ penns midget ass with a submission or TKO. look how fucking small Penn is...he could even move down to 145. Anderson has moved up to 205 twice before (20 pounds above his real weight class, gsp wont even move up 15) and has dominated former champions effortlessly at 205. He even wanted to go heavyweight.. The fact is Anderson can finish fights and GSP cant.. when was the last time gsp finished a fight? like 2008? Anderson puts people away

No nut hugging, anderson is much better of a fighter than GSP ever will be. GSP was asked the question about anderson last night, perfect time to make the callout, anderson was even in the crowd. What does he do? "well we might try to figure out something else" hahaha, GSP fears Anderson. If this fight ever happens its not even worth watching anymore, gsp would be likely to piss on himself before he ever gets into the ring with a real champion.

i think this is the longest i ever typed on this site lol my bad but i just hate it when people compare gsp to anderson... its stupid IMO. inb4 tl;dr

[​IMG]

GSP also cant take a punch. Jake might be the worst striker in the entire division but left without a scratch.
    test
  3. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

what's going to stop st pierre from taking PEDs lol people do it all the time without getting caught. and chael sonnen gets tapped a lot more often than gsp

dan henderson was controlling him really well on the ground and took the first round clearly. then he came out in the 2nd and abandoned his gameplan, started headhunting and throwing haymakers, got lit up on the feet and submitted

and nobody puts BJ away decisively. he's never been submitted and matt hughes was the only other fighter to stop him, after bj had injured his ribs in the fight and was completely out of gas

i def wouldn't put money on gsp against anderson but if u don't understand why it could be a really tough fight then wtf breh
    test
  4. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

-GSP isnt going to take PEDs. Cmon, if he does then hes even more of a bitch then i give him credit for

-controlling him on the ground is really nice but that didnt prove to be successful at all. leaving a game plan or not, anderson proved he can dominate a wrestler. its not like gsp is going to go for the takedown for every minute of the round

-bj could fight at 145 yet a natural 170 pound "best fighter of all time" couldnt stop him

-you shouldnt bet money on him, that was the best point of the thread lol.

nothing against gsp, im sure it would be somewhat a tough fight for Anderson, but at the end of the day Anderson just outclasses GSP. in striking by a fucking mile, in the clinch by far, superior BJJ, weighs more and beat people 35 pounds heavier than GSP. Forrest walks around at 240+..

lets be honest, the only place GSP could win this fight is if he decisions the fuck out of anderson. he could only lay on him for 5 rounds. Anderson can be comfortable anywhere and a threat anywhere; striking, you already know, on the ground, you've seen what he can do. Anderson would dominate him

Anderson has beat better wrestlers than GSP, better strikers than GSP, better BJJ artists than GSP, MUCH heavier guys than GSP..... its a clear decision bro why cant you admit this

and GSP has fought nobody close to as good as anderson...
    test
  5. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

i agree with this completely, but i think using the sonnen/1st round hendo strategy could give him a 30-40% chance at winning.

sonnen would have had that fight if he wasn't so prone to triangles, and hendo might have too if he wasn't in love with his right haymaker. gsp has good sub defense and will stick to a gameplan to the point where an entire crowd falls asleep

striking, of course gsp would get handled, no debate there

as for 'beating people 240+', forrest and gsp don't even have comparable skill sets so it's not really relevant.

~n e wayz~ enough about this fight, since it isn't even confirmed yet
    test
  6. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

agreed, but you never know this fight may be closer than we think

Lorenzo Fertitta (lorenzofertitta) on Twitter

"GSP vs DIAZ? Or GSP vs. SILVA?" looks like lorenzo wants to give the fans what they want

looks like one of these fights may go down.... gsp vs diaz is more likely to happen first though
    test
  7. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

nobody needs to see diaz get wrestled again

he's an exciting fighter when you find him the right match
    test
  8. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

"Overwhelming response for GSP/DIAZ interesting. In NYC now working in what you all know."

http://twitter.com/lorenzofertitta

NAGL
    test
  9. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

lol anthony johnson can hardly make 170
    plus i think marquardt gonna fuck him up.
    test
  10. bobbylight

bobbylight Well-Known Member

ttt for convenience
    test
  11. I Need A Choppa

I Need A Choppa New Member

my picks:

mir over nelson
    alves over story
    rampage over hamill

dont care bout other fights
    test
  12. InternetMuscle

InternetMuscle New Member

Just read some of the thread and came to say stop living your life vicariously through Silvas wife. You'll never be able to suck his dick, frealz.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.