UFC 129 streams...whose got em?

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobbylight, Apr 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

people always touching penis with gsp. glad to see that stopped somewhat in this thread.

dude has never entertained me as a fighter. far from electric.

he cant fuck with silva, so let cung le get that.
    test
  2. Drock247

Drock247 New Member

Jake Shields sucks. He couldn't/wouldn't do anything in this fight. GSP needs to step up in weight and just take on Silva to see who really is the baddest man in MMA.
    test
  3. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

this

gsp fears silva. totally dodged the question when joe asked him. he cant fuck with silva at all. "we might try to figure out something else" aka fight another boring ass fight at 170
    test
  4. billw84

billw84 throwin' it down

what part of having two 48-47 scores and getting your face fucked up by possibly the worst striker in MMA looked dominating to you :funny:
    test
  5. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

nick diaz would murk gsp. trill spill.
    test
  6. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

i hate gsp to but but cmon, theres no way he would
    test
  7. BlameSubban

BlameSubban Active Member

Nick Diaz takedown defence is awful. It would be a hugfest for 5 rounds.

BTW, people are THAT surprised GSP didn't finish the fight? I mean come on, its been like that for 4 years and Dan "the fucking man" Henderson couldn't knock Shields out. And all MMA heads know how fucking mean and hard puncher Henderson is...

GSP did his thang. Working the right and the counter right hook all night. Brilliant takedown defence and wait for 25 minutes.

Its his new gameplay. I use to be a HUGE GSP fan, still is, but not on the same level. I respect him nowdays for how great technical he is, athletics and knows how to decorticate his opponent. Back then, he was electrifying, combos, submissions, using speed all fight long.

Matt Serra fucked up with his head and came back strong and with a new gameplan, never get hit too hard.

GSP beat up some great striker like Alves, Koscheck, even Penn was a good slugger. But its over, its lay and pray or jab jab jab til the end,

At the end of the day, winning is the important part of a fight but PLEASE, don't tell us you are sorry at the end of the fight. Once, its okay, but you've said it for the 4th time in a row.

AFAIC, BJ Penn vs GSP II was mad cool. His fight vs Alves was also respectable, his Dan Hardy fight was meh, atleast he tried to finish Hardy with multiple submission, but he should have fucking break his arm ffs. Koshcheck was cool because Josh is a fag and a loud mouth, but it was like watching a sparring session of jab.

Shields's fight was unacceptable.

But what you'all expected ?

Shields sucks, he is boring, only good with Ju Jitsu, couldn't shake any opponent with a strike ever.
    test
  8. BlameSubban

GSP isn't a big welterweight. I don't see him doing well at 185, against contender, so nevermind against the champion.

Anderson Silva is a big man, 6"2, walking between 205-215 pounds. GSP is walking at 185-190lbs.

Its nothing in boxing but MMA wise, its a big difference.

Penn was downright dominant at 155 for years and couldn't do shit at 170.
    test
  9. KRich662

KRich662 Well-Known Member

GSP can beat anyone at 170; but nobody can fuck with Anderson.
    test
  10. billw84

billw84 throwin' it down

if this is what the worst striker at 170 can do,
    [​IMG]

i can only imagine what the best striker at 185 can do
    test
  11. Tiger Ty Fan

Tiger Ty Fan Tiger Circle Blackbelt

Lol, the crowd was going nuts when they showed that. Probably thinking GSP is winking at them. In reality, dude was like "get me to de eh hozpital ride away."
    test
  12. reznick

reznick New Member

:funny:
    test
  13. BlameSubban

Shields isn't the worst strike at 170. Not at all. When he was 185, well he was among the worst, but in 170 is in the middle of the pack.

GSP wasn't bruised against Koscheck and Alves, he was mister clean on his face after those two fights, both of them considered among the best striker at 170. So Shields must not be that bad eh. He isn't stellar on his feet but he connected with one good one, perfectly placed to make his eye swollen.
    test
  14. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

if we are being honest, anderson vs gsp would be a joke. silva would cripple him. and now i think that even gsp realizes this. no need for that super fight, instead jon jones vs anderson would be much more interesting
    test
  15. BlameSubban

I agree to a certain extent. Depends which Silva shows up. The one motivated to win like he did in his last fight or Silva against Maia and Sonnen ?

If Silva floats around, GSP will takedown him everytimes and lay and pray. So who knows.

If I had money on that fight, no doubt I'd bet on Silva winning it.
    test
  16. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

remember last time silva faced a good wrestler? picture that but without an absurd lack of submission defense

anyone counting gsp out of that fight is either crazy or just doesn't like gsp

both of these posts are so retarded lol
    test
  17. Stock II

Stock II New Member

Oh shiiiiiit man, a black eye?

Thats some serious damage.
    test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

cung le has 1 loss on his record and came back and destroyed dude in the rematch for the lucky punch he got on him in the first fight.

since when has cung not been top mma?
    test
  19. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

since he's never fought a top-20 opponent in his life and preferred to relinquish his mw title rather than fight jake shields
    test
  20. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

GSP isn't that interested in the Silva fight.. he wants to build muscle slowly and make a real transition to MW if he's gonna do the fight and says "it'll fuck with a year's worth of training." If he was really optimistic about the fight with Silva he'd have a different out look on it. Plenty of top guys are able to jump weight classes. Doesn't make him a bitch, but it's NAGL once they get in the cage.. for GSP anyways.

Not a bad card though. Soooo underwhelmed with Main Event. But Hominick is a Canadian hero. Holy shit @ that goose egg.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.