UFC 127: Penn vs Finch

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by jayoo, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

no really..

UFC 127: Penn vs. Finch - MMA Topics - ESPN

the banner at the top lmao penn vs finch, even the link name, gotta love it

anyways.. gonna be rough, fitch will be stronger, i think penn can still take it tho
    test
  2. NOBLE SOLDIER

NOBLE SOLDIER Fireball Kid

whats the lines for the fights.. anyone know..
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

[​IMG]

lmao, look more like the special olympics than an actual fight. Penn look out of it
    test
  4. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

BJ looks terrible. I hope Fitch is a dog in this one...
    test
  5. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Penn has the same facial expression he did before his second fight against Edgar..****us he's fat.

And no...Fitch isn't the underdog. You've got an inconsistent frontrunner vs a grinder who's one of the most consistent guys in MMA...probably 2nd only to Anderson right now.
    test
  6. DemiGod

DemiGod Peef Rimgar

Fitch via grapplefuck UD
    test
  7. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

Really not sure what to expect in this fight in terms of action and outcome but this is an extremely interesting fight on.paper. and i will tell you that if.bj loses this fight he will forever lose his status as one of the greatest fighters ever. His entire career hes always had a rabid fanbase that will tell you hes never "really" lost lol. Many people still swear by him and consider him amongst the greats and mention him in the same breath as gsp and anderson but if he loses this thats all over.

My main thought about this one coming into it is how its a damn shame that this is only gonna be a 3 round fight. This in.paper is the definition of why we need 5 round fights for nontitle.matchups
    test
  8. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

Then fuck this fight... I won't bet it. BJ coming lazy as fuck against fucking Jon Fitch. What a moron.
    test
  9. haatley

haatley Well-Known Member

bj gonna finish this bozo
    test
  10. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

fucking terrible
    test
  11. jayoo

terrible all due to a picture? even though bj has come out saying hes training so hard he feels hes at another level? he brought in matt hughes to help train him since hughes was considered one of the strongest wrestlers in mma.. i think bj is taking the right steps to prepare, he probably shoulda traveled outta hawaii to train more but i think hes gonna look good.. whether or not that can stop fitch whos muscled everybody but gsp.. dont know.
    test
  12. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Not saying BJ can't win, but who the hell has ever downplayed their camp? You may hear "Oh, I had a bad camp, wasn't feeling good/was injured, etc" AFTER the fight, but never before the fight.
    test
  13. jayoo

when did he downplay his camp? he just said he thought bringing hughes in brought him to the next level and will really help against fitch..

did you see bj at the prefight conference face-off today? he was in great shape, looked confident and ready to go im lovin it.
    test
  14. jayoo

word is fitch is vegan now and walking around at 176 instead of near 200.. could definitely give bj the advantage, supposedly even people in his own camp is concerned with him giving up so much weight.

heres a quote from florian

"I know you mentioned him walking around at 200lbs, that is definitely the case. However, I just was with him at the last UFC in Vegas [UFC 126] he's actually walking around at 176lbs. He's a vegan now. He's 100 percent vegan. He's changed his whole lifestyle. And the first thing I said to him 'Man, you're looking pretty darn skinny' and he said, 'yeah, I'm a vegan now and I'm 176lbs right now'. That is actually I hear maybe even a concern with people in his own camp."
    test
  15. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

Fitch has the advantage - he's leaned out but used to throwing around almost 30 lbs more . i hate penn and instead of matt huges he shouldve brought in forest to help him with stamina
    test
  16. jayoo

fitch definitely still has the advantage just wanted to point that out, penn is strong though, and surprisingly when he seems undersized (against machida he was real good in the clinch for being 20-30lbs less) and when he jumped around 185 before he was good.. who really muscled him at 170 besides gsp? and gsp muscled fitch too.

i dont know.. the look of it and recent fights tells me fitch is gonna muscle him 3 rounds to a win, but my gut tells me we might be surprised at bj being that guy to counter fitchs wrestling strength somehow
    test
  17. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

I wasn't saying he was downplaying his camp. I was saying that NO ONE ever downplays their camp before hand. Sure, you might hear "Oh, I was injured and didn't have a good camp." or "I changed couches, was sick..." etc after a fight, but never beforehand. You don't sell the match by saying you won't be in top shape.

Also, holy fuck @ vegan Fitch. That's not good for him. It could help someone who's a fast starter without a stellar gastank(ie BJ:funny:), but Fitch is a grinder with excellent cardio. This could be a huge factor in the fight...
    test
  18. h.wood

h.wood IMAGINATION SUPER STAR

vegan doesnt mean he's lacking fuel- proteins and carbs its just alot cleaner and if he does it right he'll be a machine. penn is unpredictable though so well have to see
    test
  19. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

Fitch is already a machine.

He needs to be a big, strong grinder Fitch.
    test
  20. jayoo

good fight i was right to start.. bj came out an was taking him down.. i was hopin it'd last longer then 1 round lmao watchin rd3 though made me feel like fitch is the 170 sonnen... same shit he did to silva, held him down, mad punchs but nothing all that powerful
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.