UFC 109 Thread

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by DemiGod, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

strikeforce killed this 'show'

glad i didnt waste 50 bones on this disappointing piece of shit
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

It's a d'arce choke. A very basic sub I think more fighters should use but don't. It's very disappointing that more people don't. Funny thing is, Phil Davis had an opportunity to lock the same choke earlier that night and I told my boy: "HE SHOULD GO FOR THE D'ARCE..." and he didn't. I was sayin' the exact same shit: "MORE PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE D'ARCE CHOKE AND THE ANACONDA CHOKE FROM THE SPRAWLED POSITION OR HALF GUARD..." Then I saw Thiago do it and I was like: "YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!"
    test
  3. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I honestly thought the overall nights of fights was pretty solid BUTTT the main event was the weakness. I said it off the bat. TERRIBLE MAIN EVENT. Coleman shouldn't get any main card fights period. I predicted exactly what would happen... That Couture has much better boxing and was gonna chip him up, put him against the fence, and Coleman wouldn't know what the fuck to do. I didn't predict the sub but I mean the overall base of the fight. That shit was one of thee worst main events ever.

And Demian Maia's stand up looked a million times better than ever. His stand up's always been solid (he just made a bad decision of being predictable against Marquardt). I think it got pretty complicated when Sonnen destroyed Marquardt because Maia destroyed Sonnen.

I always say this in MMA, but it's a strengths vs. weakness thing. Sonnen couldn't use that gameplan against Maia because he was scared of goin' to the ground against him. So he couldn't beat Maia the way he's been winning against Marquardt and Okami. I think Sonnen and Maia fight again, same results 9 outta 10 times. Yet, it looks like TONIGHTS SONNEN would beat majority of the middleweights. It's a tricky situation.
    test
  4. Kollision

Kollision Rapper & Such

how slow was coleman? hahaha, man listen...didn't stand a chance.

shoulda fucked with him a little more and k-o'd. (imo)
    test
  5. KaTZ

KaTZ Active Member

Idk this card was pretty good.

I dont even pay for UFC PPV, I just find them live streaming over the internet.

The only PPV I order is with friends where we all chip in for it.

We only buy PPV that have 3 legit fights so you get your moneys worth.
    test
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

I've always thought this as well.
    test
  7. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

ha@ Thiago clocking all these WW strikers.
    test
  8. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

Wasn't a bad card, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Never would've. Besides Serra-Trigg, the fights were so... random.

Dan Miller seemed scared shitless of Maia. The story of the Couture-Coleman fight is that Randy got tagged more times than he should've. The tito-coleman stuff at the end was worth it. The Gracie Dynasty has a losing streak for the first time in UFC history.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I thought it was pathetic how they tried to give Randy more props than he deserved for that weak rear naked choke. Coleman didn't even know how to defend and was just GARBAGE on the ground.

Thiago DEFINITELY deserved sub of the night by himself for that swift d'arce. I thought it immediately when they got into the position but he had already locked it. Beautiful timing and recognition that the choke was available. It's the best way to set it up: when someone curls up towards your body while blocking the face during half guard to avoid getting struck.
    test
  10. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

sonnen impressed me, i knew he was nice but i didnt think he'd dominate nate that way
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.