UFC 106 Predictions and Bets.. (You have until 7:30 est to change or make bets)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by SeeSon, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Zyclon 1784.60
    Mac 1384.60
    Pain 1196.60
    Jenga 1130
    Jayoo 841
    Big K 720
    Noble 461.80
    OurSin 80 (eliminated)
    SeeSon 20 (thanks for playing boo)
    .Serbness 0 (thanks for playing)

I personally want to say big ups to Mac. You were spot on and I was dead wrong. Manny is the exception to traditional rules, and I shouldn't have attempted to apply logic to someone who is one of the best and defies logic.

UFC 106

Karo -115 Hazelett -115
    Sadallah -160 Baroni +130
    Kendall Grove +175 Jake Rosholt -215
    Tito +105 Forrest -135
    Johnson -115 Kos -115

SeeSon's preview

In a lowly anticipated rematch, Forrest Griffin squares off against Tito Ortiz in his return to the Octagon. In the first fight, many felt that Forrest did enough to earn the decision, but the judges didn't see things that way. Conventional wisdom says that this fight could be very similar to the first fight, but the huge unknown is the growth/progression of Tito. If Tito's striking has indeed improved, he could make get a clear decision victory over Forrest. Also, it is unclear what Forrest's psychological state is after two embarrasing defeats in his last two outings.

Why Tito can win: He won the last decision, and when healthy, he has awesome takedowns and brutal ground and pound.

Why Forrest can win: His striking is more crisp and effective than Tito's. With adequate take down defense he can earn a decision.

What will happen: I just can't pick someone that allowed another man to tell him to kiss his dick, Tito by decision.
    test
  2. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

How do you figure your results? Like, because I put 1,000 on Manny, shouldn't I have won 1,000? Then 200 on Bisping should've got me what, 300?

I thought Manny was only -100 which would be what, 900 or 800 for the win?
    test
  3. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Manny was -260 at the time I posted the line even though he moved to beyond -300. I used the -260 line. -260 means you have to bet 260 to win 100. Therefore divide the $1000 that you betted by $260 and multiply that number by 100 and that is how much you won off that fight. Bisping was +100, which means you won 100 for every 100 you bet.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

take my 80 so you can stay in your league...lol
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Damn, looks like i'm gonna have to go all in on an underdog.

seeson - fighting is so damn chaotic it's hard to predict. Although I was pretty confident in my prediction, I knew things could very well go the other way.

hopefully we're both in the position to go all in on mayweather/pac man if and when it happens.
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Yes, that is why I chose this fight to max out. The risk is not worth it, most of the time, to go all in on a favorite, unless its a guaranteed win (like betting on Pretty Boy Floyd)
    test
  7. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

oooooooo

it begins.
    test
  8. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Floyd is the most techinically gifted fighter I've seen in my life. Don't let hate blind you and max out on Manny and I hope to god that the betting public isn't dumb enough to make Floyd the underdog. I will have to lift my no gambling in real life rule and bet 500 real dollars on PBF.
    test
  9. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

200 on Hazelett.
    200 on Sadallah.
    200 on Grove.
    200 on Griffin...
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

i'm maxing out in real life on mayweather..lol.....but i doubt he'd be an underdog.......but who knows with fans making betting lines.......they could put manny as the favorite

[funny]
    test
  11. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i'll update this as i thought there were more fights, but for right now i'm putting $400 on parisian
    test
  12. .:Pain:.

Dustin's gonna wax that ass.

I'm really only sayin' that cuz my boys say I look exactly like him, just minus the beard and plus a lot of tats...
    test
  13. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you need to add koschek and johnson.
    test
  14. 400 on Rumble
    test
  15. .:Pain:.

300 on Rumble...
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think the biggest factor in Tito-Forrest is the condition of Tito. Forrest doesn't have the takedown defense to defend against Tito, and the only reason he was getting up the last time was due to Tito's shit shape. Also, Tito may not be the best striker, but he does have some underrated counters. He dropped Wandy coming in, he caught forrest a few times, and he even did it to Vitor. If Tito comes into this fight 100%, Forrest stands no chance whatsoever imo unless he's improved by leaps and bounds.

but the question is, what tito shows up?

fuck it... 1300 on Tito.
    test
  17. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

$400 on Tito
    $400 on Parisian
    test
  18. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I like this. Mac proving me wrong has just led to him just letting everything hang.
    test
  19. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Looking at the rest of the cards. I'm happy I took my shot when I did. There isn't another underdog that I'm confident enough in to max out on [dunno]
    test
  20. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Goddammit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.