u guys claim to be the hub of battle rap fans yet say ur embarassed to watch it? f-ck wrong witchu?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by TheRealDetour, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

srs question Detour a girl's coming over tonight and she told me we can watch anything I want

if I show her a battle of yours, what will this do for my chances of smashing, as opposed to watching Blue Valentine and telling her the quietest man in the room is the one with nothing to say *wink wink hair-stroke*
    test
  2. Thedude710

Thedude710 Active Member

Fuck your lame, "An artform" bhahahaha who says shit like that? This isn't an artform it's a breeding ground for negative bullshit. With adults who have a bad case of arrested development, with a side of delusion. Nobody is making real money off battling, if anything it's a glorified hobby. But an artform? Fuck no... Regardless I'm not telling my friends I watch this shit...
    test
  3. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

your the exact type of fuck head i'm talking about

must be sad to be you , so insecure you won't even tell your own friends that your into something ?? ahaha

i say artform , cause thats exactly what it is ... i bet your one of those fools that say hip hop isn't "real music" .. hip hop is music which is an art , battling is an element & form of hip hop aka art fool

"nobody is making real money" what does that have to do with art ? have you ever heard the term "starving artist" , art has never been synonymous with money

why do you even watch it ? your lame as fuck
    test
  4. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

really though battling is like the epitome of an art form , it involves several ... it involves acting / performance / theatrics .. lyricism/writing , vocalism

for a " college educated man" you sure are dumb as fuck
    test
  5. nocontrollingme

nocontrollingme I Control Everything

u just fuckin said '2 people said theyd be embarrassed to say they were battlers'

how does 2 fucking people create a well spread opinion you meth head
    test
  6. The Mage BTM

The Mage BTM Well-Known Member

Dead at making real money being the gauge for it being an art form or not.

There is no money in arts, only 1% of artists, if that, make 'real money'
    test
  7. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

how old are you?
    test
  8. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

see that's the thing, again, if you live in a world where "nobody is ashamed to be a fan of rap on a beat", we are living in very different worlds.

we don't all have the same life experiences or surroundings, not sure why anyone would be shocked that our views could differ this much on something so subjective, but that there seems to be anger in here because of it (not just from you), that surprises and disappoints. again, not because you don't agree with me, but because you don't seem to understand how someone even could feel like I do about this, that's a very narrow stance.

I have to go online to watch and do not attend a single UFC show. way less "ashamed" (this is not what we really mean, I hope, but ill use it so we all "get" each other haha) to talk to professionals about. if that's crazy to you, again, we are living very different social lives, nothing wrong with that.
    test
  9. philadelphiaLAW

philadelphiaLAW Active Member

i work in a professional setting...my name is not ironic

battle rap is filled with homophobia and other unacceptable forms of social conduct

i dont expect you to understand....just as i don't expect you to retire and live well off

it is what it is
    test
  10. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

test
  11. Marotta

Marotta The Engineer

Detour, have you ever considered the fact that you're part of the reason that battle rap is embarrassing?
    test
  12. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

test
  13. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

my bad for the triple shitty posts.
    test
  14. zonal000

zonal000 Well-Known Member

Here's what I'm getting out of this thread:

The original post has captured the essential spirit of a Manik post.

Which leads to my second thought:
    Manik is more influential as a forum poster than he is as a rapper.

Detour will go all the way down the Manik route when he ends his posts with something like "now time to live MY AWESOME LIFE and go kiss a BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, drink a REFRESHING DRINK, and ride AMAZING GO-KARTS!"

I have my fingers crossed that this process will complete because that's always the funniest part of what Manik says, and for amusement's sake I'd like to see more posters like that.
    test
  15. TheRealDetour

TheRealDetour @therealdetour

this guy speakin the truth tbh...

that's my whole point in a nutshell...

yeah it wouldn't make sense to bring it up during a conversation about climate change, but is climate change the only thing u ever have conversations about?

i can understand philadelphia's comment about it supports homophobia an criminal acts an dude is a lawyer, so he doesn't bring it up in a professional environment, but nobody ever said it has to be brought up there...

i'm not sayin go around an brag about battle rap to everybody u know, i'm just sayin why would u be embarrassed to admit u watch it? MMA is about beating someone's face in with ur fists, elbows, knees an shins...not just rappin about it, but actually beating blood out of someone, yet that's somehow more appropriate? smh...weird logic imo...
    test
  16. SeanConstantine

SeanConstantine Active Member

MMA is way more embarrassing than battle rap. I'd hate to be associated with a bunch of dudes with tribal tattoos who yell "faggot" at people who dress different than them, yet spend their time watching two men grope each other for a show of dominance.
    test
  17. Smashal0t

Smashal0t Member

as a battle rap fan I am not ashamed to admit that I am one...online or in real life.

At the same time as a battle rap fan....I think detour sucks ass.
    test
  18. TheRealDetour

this is dumb (no offense)...

a famous artist might get 20K to go on stage an perform for half an hour...a battle rapper at the top level is getting anywhere from 3-5K to rap for 6-9 minutes...

how is that NOT good money? ur not gonna make a career SOLELY off battle rap, but that's the beauty of it...all u have to do is take a paid two-day vacation once every month an ur pullin in an extra 36K+ a year...an ur only rappin the equivalent of what, two songs?

tell me that's not a lick...tell me, do YOU get paid 3-5K to work for nine minutes? or even better...right now i get travel, hotel an a couple hundred bucks...an i rap for six minutes...do YOU even make a couple HUNDRED bucks for six minutes of work? no, u don't...

an as for it not being an ART FORM? crescent hit the nail on the head...

u gotta have PROJECTION, DELIVERY, STAGE PRESENCE, CROWD CONTROL, THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE, RAPPING ABILITY, RHYME SCHEMES, METAPHORS, WORDPLAY, DOUBLE ENTENDRES, FLOW, PERSONALITY, etc., etc., etc....

it's a CRAZY artform...
    test
  19. TheRealDetour

i disagree but that made me lol for real...
    test
  20. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

It is an art form tho

That's partially why when I do talk to people irl about it, the conversation is weird, cuz most don't see it that way. Even a lot of people who are heavily into rap see battling as some 8mile shit, still.

I think thats why some of us keep it to discussion with like-minded folks, cuz I'm over with explaining it to people
    test