u guys claim to be the hub of battle rap fans yet say ur embarassed to watch it? f-ck wrong witchu?

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by TheRealDetour, Jun 15, 2013.

1. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

it was me that said that.

i can see how someone in your shoes would feel that way, and I had no intention of offending you or anyone for that matter. im glad you guys do this shit, the ones who are good at it should be proud, it takes intelligence and effort in one way or another to put that shit together and we obviously get a lot of entertainment from them. wasnt hating on battlers.

shit if you read what I wrote I even said i did speak of it freely when i had intentions of jumping in the ring, but that dude had very valid points that apply to me, internet dap was deserved.

I am a professional in my field now though and the same way i cover my tattoos to not give off the wrong impression to a potential client, i try not to mention that i like watch/listen to dudes insult each other for money/notoriety. just not a good idea.

oh and the embarrassment part, yeah, I feel that too. that shouldnt be such an insult to you or anyone. this is the same embarrassment i would feel if my boss/colleagues found out about a lot of other hobbies I have.

just not smart if youre in my shoes.
    test
  2. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

I wouldnt wanna be labeled a title where even mid tier make less than 5k ...why would I admit I'm a bum? You wear it like a badge of honor but you still don't even have your life together. Especially at your age; do you know where most people your age are ? Oh yeah, they have benefits, 401ks, make 50k+ a year and ohhh, they aren't "battlers". Get your life together son and quit making your mom cry she doesn't deserve it
    test
  3. ErnestoVazquez

ErnestoVazquez Member

damn.

how to you get your name changed?

just realized im talking all this wild shit and was dumb enough to sign up on some fuck an alias shit.
    test
  4. SeanConstantine

SeanConstantine Active Member

Remember when I posted in that other thread about self-awareness and you responded saying you know reasons why people would make fun of you? And that you know some of your faults?

I'm shaking my head. You just don't get it, man. If you ever want a detailed reason why you're going to constantly get mocked here, holler at me, because it is obvious to everyone here except you. Seriously, it's a joke everyone is in on except you.

And, to give you a hint, it has almost nothing to do with your battling performances.
    test
  5. TheRealDetour

TheRealDetour @therealdetour

i feel where ur comin from constantine, but ur assuming i seek the approval of this forum...it has nothing to do with a joke everyone is in on...i just don't personally give a shit about what people on an internet message board, ANY internet message board, think about me as a person...they don't know me, so why would i? not arrogance, just real shit lol...

an word to ernesto, but it wasn't solely about u...i've seen that same thing said numerous times on this website by different people...i've even seen entire threads solely about the subject of hiding ur love for battle rap from other people...y'all arguing bout whether i'm "cool" or wtf ever, but that has nothing to do with the point of this thread...

my point is that kats here as a general rule of thumb seem to think battle rap is a lame thing to be interested in, yet they spend all day on a message board about.................BATTLE RAP...that shit makes no sense to me...kats makin this post about me, ONCE AGAIN, but FFS this thread isn't about me, it's about why kats think that way about battle rap...
    test
  6. VanillaNigga

VanillaNigga Alf Gang 2.0

This old cunt saying "kats"<<<<<<<<<
    test
  7. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq2xyeiEqa1qe63qwo1_500.jpg
    test
  8. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

You make some good points here, imo

I honestly don't know exactly why it is that people find it embarrassing, but they do. I imagine (and this might be just me, personally) that if I was a battle rapper, I'd be a bit embarrassed about it around people who aren't battle rap fans, too. For example, I am seriously much more likely to be comfortable discussing something like comic books before battle rap.

Yea, so I don't know why that is, but I'm fine with it, tbh.
    test
  9. TheRealDetour

word...I still don't get it but I appreciate u actually addressing the subject at hand lol...an I tell people I rap an battle rap gladly...rap is my career so I'm always down to promote an network...
    test
  10. Mike Rigs

Mike Rigs Active Member

yeah i noticed people seem to be ashamed to be fans of battle rap, like its this guilty pleasure, and some people even go as far as making fun of others for being fans.

I am not ashamed about being a battle fan, but I also realize 99 % of the people i come in contact with on a daily basis don't give a fuck about it so i don't ever bring it up.
    test
  11. TheRealDetour

word @ mike rigs...just doesn't make sense to me...nobody is ashamed to be a fan of rap on a beat, so why would it be any different?

i think it's probably cuz u have to go online to watch it so kats think it makes u a nerd or something smh...go to a live event IMO lol...
    test
  12. Golden Flamez

Golden Flamez Member

I agree, i let ppl know i watch battles cause they have things they do that might be totally weird to me so it's not really a big deal to me. Just entertainment lol
    test
  13. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

I never used to be embarrassed by it, I would show all my friends battles and try to get them into it. I barely ever watch them now but I find it pretty embarrassing overall, people take battle rap waaaaayyy too seriously these days, everyone's spitting gun bars because that associative wordplay garbage has taken over and guns are the easiest thing to use with that. What am I gonna say to people when I show them these battles? "You see the fat white guy? When he says toaster, he really means his gun... when his toaster pops, his toaster pops... you see that means his gun is firing, bucket pail lunchbox" etc
    test
  14. Mike Rigs

Mike Rigs Active Member

lol.

side note: proteam is your avi that goofy dude from trex vs dna with a christmas sweater on?
    test
  15. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Yes sir. That is Mr Sho Gotti
    test
  16. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

agree with OP ...
    iv'e seen mad cats on here with 2,000 post in a year on a battle rap forum but talk about how gay battle rap is & how embarrassing / lame it is to be a fan of ..
    not to mention all the , i don't even watch it anymore maybe a battle every other month (yet they got 500 post ABOUT BATTLE RAP , IN A BATTLE RAP FORUM in the last month)

i'm more "embarrassed" for the state of fans in battle rap than i ever would be of battles ...fans used to support the scene/battlers & give props (esp on RM) including "mid tier" rapper.. now its "which battle rapper do you hate worst / wanna punch more?" ... and if your not ""top tier" or even top 10 your complete garbage , even top 10 caliber battlers get hated on non stop now

test
  17. Alaskan BBQ

Alaskan BBQ With That Said...

some good posts on this second page...as a fan, i have no problem admitting my battle rap addiction, altho the high is starting to wear off considerably...as a new battler, and artist with a "career" i dont shove it down people's throats like most CATS do, but i do talk about it or explain it to people that might like it...
    test
  18. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

I joined this website to follow the battlers/league I actually liiked.

What I got was a million others battlers that I would of never had known existed otherwise trying to convince people why they're good and trolls just fucking with them. I honestly have no idea why I still come here.
    test
  19. Thedude710

Thedude710 Active Member

People like you and your shitty league is the reason I don't tell anybody I watch battle rap. But no I'll explain It's a guilty pleasure, it's like watching garbage on cable ie honey boo boo. I'm a college educated grown man, how would it look if I brought up Hollow Vs Surf during a conversation on climate change? As for this forum it supplies a couple Lulz when I'm board...
    test
  20. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

thats a ridiculous analogy , if you brought up basketball or MMA in a "climate change" conversation it would be equally retarded ..
    Battle rap isn't a mainstream or popular thing , the only people you can discuss it with who have any knowledge about it past 8 mile are hip hop heads
    that doesn't mean it doesn't have merits as an art form , people that are into screen prints don't go bringing it up in average conversation with people that aren't into art , not because its lame or there embarrassed but because those people aren't interested in it
    test