-Type, or Write?-

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by RealMS, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealMS

RealMS Ne te quaesiveris extra

I'm just curious as to how yall lay it down. I mostly write all of my stuff down on paper and if necessary rewrite it after and stick it in my binder. I also type it and save it as well. For my creative writing class we got into short stories and I didn't really have the time to go to the campus library every day during my unscheduled time so I just wrote it all out and typed it up after the corrections, but I know once I'm in college I'll have to get used to the keyboard. I've tried to key my stuff first, but I don't know, I just gotta have it in my hands to work with.

Add your cents to this--

-Much Love
    test
  2. MC_Paste

MC_Paste

all my poems come from my thoughts at nights... 12:30 in the night, I cnat go to sleep with the thoughts in my mind they keep coming back, all the poets/writers know what I am talking about so I juss keep a lil notebook beside my bed, wirte shit down then when I have enough lines in my book on hte same topic I start typing it up on the comp... play wit hte structure/ words/ format and see what helps ..and yeah thats it
    test
  3. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

I usually write it down on paper. It's just what I'm used to. I have typed up something before. Doesn't matter to me but since I'm usually not by a computer I just find scratch paper and write my thoughts down.
    test
  4. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

type almost always now..
    i used to always write..(back when i was young) [smokin]
    test
  5. test
  6. UFO the Phoenix

UFO the Phoenix I DONT BELIEVE IN ALIENS!

both

I'm very slow though
    test
  7. RealMS

^Keyboarding applications in 9th grade helped me out to the fullest man lol.

Elo 22 isn't old actually. Though we age we don't grow old-that is an option I like to believe. :thumb:
    test
  8. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

can't type

gotta write it down. just makes it seem pure.....imo....
    test
  9. RealMS

^has to be in the hands, I know the feeling.
    test
  10. Madnick

Madnick Modern Laureate

I try to write on paper but I cant I have to type it. Somehow things just come out better.
    test
  11. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

i mostly type i often do like three or four versions of the same thing ( at the same time i swear i got A.D.D or something ) or different poems at the same time. brain storming. but i like the computer cause i can change it around and view it quicker the writing it.

but i write to rare but i doddle alot most times it at the same time that i am drawing something
    test
  12. Index.

Index. New Member

i type whatever comes to mind.
    test
  13. RealMS

A.D.D. dang man hope not. Sorry but how you said it made me laugh when I first read it lol. I know what you sayin though. In class (as long as its not chemistry) I tend to doodle words and short thoughts, just drifting off to a land of...absolutely nothing lol-but most times you'll catch me sketching something. Can't help it.
    test
  14. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

i type more-so than i write, and im at my best at like midnight-5 am; but if im ina public area, like a park, coffee shop, school(class), or a library i write and thats when the best of me tends to come out....
    test
  15. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

yeah last night at barnes and noble i mos def wrote some thoroughbred shit... i was mighty proud of myself when I finished

so yeah public places for me is easier to release my medium... typing at my house is just as effective though... it really helps when you can type 60 wpm... hahah

but I do like writing with a pen much more than sitting in front of a damn computer... its not the same...

no doubt
    test
  16. DaJackle

DaJackle ThoughtS ProcessinG

i don't think it's necessary to type very fast...it's not like you're writing a full novel or something...but i type mostly,..like someone said earlier, it's just easier to move it around and correct things or to try things differently...I tend to read over the piece over and over again, and each part i'll see different ways on how where i want to take the poem to...and i found it easier to write without having side thoughts alligning along the edges and what not....there's my two cents
    test
  17. AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous U got a problem?

no its not necessary to type very fast... but it mos def helps alot

think about it... a person who can type fast is more likely to continue to use a computer than a person who has to literally hit each key and than look for the next one... cause they dont know where the fuck its at!! lol

the main reason I like paper is because... it feels like your being more constructive versus typing on a keyboard... besides I like my handwriting!! lol
    test
  18. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

yeah man, it aint the same, but it does help when i type 80 wpm, so UHHHHHHHHH*master P comes out the cuts, and goes back*
    test
  19. RealMS

^lol, y'all crack me up sometimes.

I try and go to barnes & nobles at least once a month when I'm at my dad's place but I haven't been there in about 3 months-and I never did try writing in there before because it seems like I'd get distracted easily, or can't concentrate. Always somebody talking on a cell phone (actually reading a dang book over the phone, yes) or just people chatting freely...lol, but yeah, either that place or books a million lol. Yeah-some of my best work-I feel-is written late nights, cause that's the only time of the day I have to myself. And anyways, its like a meditation for me, not on a time schedule, where I gotta get everything done in a heap-I can stop, BREATHE, and start again whenever I feel. Or, I can just go to sleep.

About typing-I always laugh when I see my dad trying to type out a letter or something work related and he has to look down at the keyboard lol-thank god I took keyboarding my freshmen year, really helped. But, I don't know, I just prefer writing it out. When I do write something, my handwriting to me is like scrap lol, but to everybody else its always "so pretty!" but I like the look of rough draft pieces, I always keep them, then rewrite them, and yeah-type it and save it too lol.

-Peace
    test
  20. MisterEThoughts

MisterEThoughts MysteryOfUntoldTruth

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.