Turntable for sampling??

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by BZTactics, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane Alcoholic Roadie

if your getting sound then your getting signal to the comp, unless of course your monitors are hooked up to your mixer...

is your patchmix configured correctly for recording in whatever program your recording in?

as for clarity, that can be a variety of things:
    cartridge
    cables
    connections (if theyre not in all the way)
    the vinyl itself

working with turntables creates a bunch of issues lol
    test
  2. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

Hmm, I'll have to mess around with it some more, the monitors are hooked to the mixer, does that make a diff? I know how to work my mic with patchmix and all, but I'm confused with this, dunno if it's much diff though.
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

something is fucked up in ur chain do u get levels on the mixer are u using the stereo outs of the mixer to go the stereo ins on the soundcard and is the patch mix setup to record this. this is 1 of the many reasons why i hated the 1212m ur chain can be fine but if the software isnt setup perfectly ur not gonna get any soundback still it can be nerve racking lol. if u get irritated wtih the 1212m i have a firewire audiophile im sellin real soon. i plan to get a firewire 410
    test
  4. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

K, I figured out most of it, almost there, I've come to the conclusion that I'm an idiot, lol, I had the cover on the cartridge, which is why the sound was awful, now it's crisp and clear, but I can't figure out how to get the patchmix to record the sound that's coming out of it, it's getting a signal in it now though, I got 5 used records at a store after I bought the turntable and listening to them, about 3 of them are goldmines, I'm amped, haha, I even ended up with the original Killing Me Softly on one of the records. Any more ideas? Patchmix is fucking confusing....
    test
  5. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

I just read your post more thoroughly, haha, thx for the offer, but nah on the firewire, I just sold my Delta and upgraded to the Emu, I also record as an emcee and have lots of money invested in that. I'm gonna mess around with the turns more tomorrow though, I'll prolly figure it out soon.
    test
  6. Fame-S

Fame-S New Member

i live liek a block from the lynnwood GC. im gettin some tables for free soon (doubt they're very good tho) from a homie so i hope u figure it out cuz im gonna need help. haha.
    test
  7. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

Haha, I'm sure I will, same type of thing happen when I first got my mic and stuff, yeah, I live like an hour and a half away from that store, but it's by far better than any music store here. Prolly moving towards Lynnwood soon though.
    test
  8. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

iuno... my uncles a dj.. i jus went offa wat he does, he been doin it 20 years+ i figured hed kno lol i got a stanton str8-80 wit a shure cartrage and numark mixer. i get pretty dope quality offa that, the only thing i can really say, is, if ur running the table into an mpc, make sure ur cables are good too, cuz that will give u more static and crap in the back than having a shitty table/needle will
    test
  9. BZTactics

BZTactics Up and Coming

I pretty much got it working, I get a real clean signal now, patchmix is still confusing though, haha, but I can record to the comp.
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

dont forget to cop that gruv glide shit works wonders
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.