TuPac as a poet

Discussion in 'Writer's Block' started by Joe_Young, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe_Young

Joe_Young Fuck your heroes.

is like Steve Buscheme as a sex symbol.

When he's rapping he can at least fall back on his delivery and pretty good voice... why in the fuck would ANYONE want to read his poetry unless as perhaps to learn what not to do, or as a little self confidence boost that they too can write crappy poetry, and have something in common with that dead, dead man.

TuPac's dead.

too little too late if you ask me.
    test
  2. Well you could argue that all his songs are poetry through a different medium. He saw them as the same thing, which they are. Additionally, I have read some powerful poetry of his (not just 'the rose from concrete', 'pride in the panther' or other ones which get picked on or skimmed over usually because of the slang he used etc.) I remember picking up this book about his life and reading a poem which he wrote for a friend when he was quite young, one which I had never came across before, and it was very moving and striking. I will try and find it and post it If I can. Finally, The reason people like reading things wrote by Tupac is simply because of the kind of Talented and charismatic person that he was. If you ever see tapes and interviews of him, you will find it hard not to be inspired on the spot. I think its unfair to judge his 'poetry' which was often obviously very much 'personal poetry' written when he was budding. But ofcourse, people have and will probably continue to do so.

RiP Pac
    test
  3. Clarksvegas_Dan

Clarksvegas_Dan Registered Voter

Thank You Brit Boi Gee. I enjoyed a lot of Tupac's poetry, even the crappy stuff. If your child draws you a picture are you going to put up on the fridge. Well, I would hope so. You love your child. Tupac was different from other rappers. Something about him evoked emotion. His fans genuinely loved him. He devoted his whole self to what he did, and people recognized that. In fact, he wasn't just different from other rappers. He was a truly unique individual, worthy of fame. Except for on this site, I don't know of a single poet who has read Tupac's book of poetry. But I know a great many people who have read it. They didn't read it or buy it because it was the crown jewel of poetry. They bought it because they cared about Tupac. Besides, my all time favorite poet is Walt Whitman and I know a lot of poets who think his work is crap. What the bleep do they know?
    test
  4. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

I have read the book i have the book and if yall want i will post some of his poems. His raps Brenda's got a baby, Dear momma, Keep your head up how aren't these poems how i ask you ? if you put these songs on in a crowd and look around instead of vibing you will see many people zone out because its touching there hearts his words are doing that not the hype of his death or what the media caused to happen his words, and if that isn't a poet then i am quiting writting today. cause to me Pac was one in a million the same way aliyah was, there impression on the world they left behind is un deniable.

but every one is entitled to there own opinion but i will post some of his poems and let all see and speak on them

one
    test
  5. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

someone post up that pride of the panther one...that shit moves me...im white but that shit still moves me...post up any shit yall can, i always love readin his shit...
    one
    test
  6. Philly_215

Philly_215 The Silent Poet

i'll post like two tommorrow but i am un sure if i should post them here on on the regular poetry page with the rest of our poems

please advise
    test
  7. Poetickz

Poetickz The Humble One

just post em here...least thats what i would do.
    one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.