Tuning Drums

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Ejuhcaited, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Mack

J.Mack Highly Under-rated

dawg, I'm stuppid if its already in reason but mayne........Where u cop that combinator shit....It looks like fiya........I see it says sonic reality.....I'm bout to check it out.......
    test
  2. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

its basically a refill
    but when u use the sounds it changes the look of the combinator
    thats really all it does aside from the sounds lol

but yea i think u can customize that shit how ever u want it (the combinator)
    never looked into it tho.
    test
  3. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

incorrect about what?
    test
  4. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Sonic Reality Refills...Vol 1-20...3.3 Gigs Total...not only are those film orchestral sounds i was usin Fiyah...but the synth refill has some of the cleanest synths ive EVER heard...there on some next level shit

If u got a hi-speed connection, we could trade some shit....
    test
  5. Money Greene

Money Greene Da Man-Da Myth-Da Legend

Those sonic reality shits are like the only refills I don't have. I need EVERY VOLUME.
    test
  6. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

i have been tryin to put you niggaz on forever, but nobody wants to listen......
    test
  7. M.Maestro

M.Maestro Ghost

-gone-
    test
  8. urban_tactics

ejacated, dont bother arguin wit these niggaz....i brought this shit up a long time ago...and its the made reason why alotta niggaz drums sound lame as hell...they aint tunin them shits right....thats why they sit there for 45 minutes tryin to find the right snare (and still pick a horrible one in the end)

ya'll niggaz need to do like alchemist...and shut the fuck up for 5 years and just listen when niggaz is droppin Gems...and stop being ignorant towards SIMPLE science

nigga i can sample u fartin and put it in key...everything has a fuckin key

drums is no exception....they teach u this shit is any audio engineering school........HELL this is basic analog/digital/electicity/engineering concepts

some of ya'll niggaz need to open a fukkin book and educate yourselves and stop being ignorant

i hate it when a nigga just refuses to listen.....all u doin is hurtin yourself

this has very little to do with music theory at all....and all to do with the SCIENCE behind sound

something that ALOT OF YOU dont kno a god damn thing about and i suggest you purchase some books and study on it....your game will be a whole lot tighter than it is now......

stop being ignorant as hell.....
    test
  9. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

about where u slide or shake those instruments will not change the pitch whatsoever.
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i need a couple more to complete my set if you need any hit me up maybe we can trade
    test
  11. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

get at me i need kick ass brass again for some reason i stored it on a cdr data and the file went corrupt
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

correction those niggas aint listenin Ive been usin the series for almost a year now
    test
  13. urban_tactics

i was talkin about the thread topic...not the sonic reality shits.......
    test
  14. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Well it was SOME percussion instrument I dunno exacly which...but in the article it made a comparison about how you could hit a spatula against an aluminum Cooking Pot, and vary the pitch by hitting on the inside or outside...so I assumed that was the case for every percussion or drum

about the SR shits...tell me what u need
    [​IMG]
    test
  15. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

Yup...I started pitching my drums few weeks ago, and believe it or not, it does make a difference, no matter whether the drums be 808 or acoustic

If you dont believe all sounds have a key, then
    Watch this white nigga turn his snare into a very convincing guitar
    test
  16. th3r3isn0futur3

th3r3isn0futur3 Active Member

mayn I been listenin here but ain't no one offered tips on how to do it right.. cuz maybe if I jus hit keys up n down on the NNXT, shit can be off-tune to begin wit n will never be on tune.. so whut you gotta time stretch it?

cmon urb, ejuhcated, mayn drop some knowledge
    test
  17. Ejuhcaited

Ejuhcaited ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

I metnioend the timestretch loop method for tuning if you DONT have Reason...

but if you do...

Load up an NN-XT module

click the left arrow in the bottom left

Click the file icon, load your sample

Then once its loaded, right click it, and hit "set root notes from pitch detection"

Sometimes to find the frequency, it will pitch the snare or hi hat down to where it sounds like a kick, so you must use that Octave button to the left of the Second LFO, and turn the pitch up if this happens

this works PERFECTLY/ FLAWLESS 99% of the time...but sometimes, like with that Ride_Bricks.wav Crash in the Redrum Drumkits<XclusiveDrumkits<Cymbals directory.., because of that resonanating decay , it will fuck up

so sometimes (but rarely) you must use your ears

hope that helps
    test
  18. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

lol@ putting ur drums thru pitch detection.
    test
  19. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

dont waste your time. sonic reality is GARBAGE. i copped all them shits and liked like 3 sounds per refill. doodoo jenkins type shit.
    test
  20. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

dont waste your time. sonic reality is GARBAGE. i copped all them shits and liked like 3 sounds per refill. doodoo jenkins type shit.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.