trying to build a studio;need help on equipement and ect.

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by dj anticz, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj anticz

dj anticz MURDAGRAM GANGSTA!!!!!!!!

Im trying to put together a recording studio and i need help on equipment. My goal is to spend the least possible amount to get "decent" (radio-ready) quality.

I know this is going to cost a couple thousand dollars but if i could keep the expenses lower that 3000 that would be great!

Tell me if these budget marks would work

pc computer 500$
    microphone 300$
    mixer 600$
    preamp200$
    Acoustic Treatment 300$
    anything else needed X$

and i was going to get a compressor but since its 2010 and everythings basically digital couldnt i just use software for compression, Eq and ect?

If my pricing is off please let me know..

thanks for your time
    test
  2. WorldHipHop

WorldHipHop Carpe Diem

Mbox2 mini with Pro Tools is $299... Maybe think about that
    test
  3. TrackMakerz

TrackMakerz TrackMakerz

Yeah try the mbox pro tools the version i got cost me $499,but they're probably a little cheaper now,it's great for compression etc.
    test
  4. Mr. ROUSH

Mr. ROUSH WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/ROUSH

A custom PC with a recording drive and recording grade firewire card is going to cost you at least 7-800.. If you're gonna spend $300 on the mic I would consider a shure sm7b if it suits you.. great mic.. I would NOT skimp on the pre-amp.. the better the mic and the preamp.. the better your music will be..

You're on the right track but if you're serious then I would double that budget and do it right.. reason being.. you'll get this rig.. then you'll get settled in and realise you want more.. and then you'll spend $6000 the next time.. so on and so fourth.. in just over a decade I have about 40 large in my lab.. So take it from me.. save some dough and go all out the first time around..

You also didn't list an audio interface.. If you're gonna go big then get a rosetta.. if you're gonna stay at a similar price point then get something more universal like an edirol or something along those lines.. you're looking at $300 - $500 for something entry level and suitable..

That's my two.. best of luck
    test
  5. ffgghhjj

ffgghhjj New Member

Choo lives in London. jimmy choo He is currently involved in a project to set up a shoemaking institute in Malaysia, where his iconic status is often evoked to inspire budding shoemakers and fashion designers. His company Jimmy Choo Ltd. produces some of the most expensive high-end shoes.Our designer replica handbags can wear well with any accessory on purpose.jimmy choo shoes Meticulous pieces on the replica handbags absolutely shock your eyes.Jimmy Choo Keenan Patent Leather Sandals Black patent leather strappy sandals. Peep toe silhouette. Ankle closure with told toned side buckle. Leather upper, in-sole and sole.
    test
  6. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Yeah, and you didn't list harddrives. Must. Have. Hard drives. You need a better comp than what your budget describes. I say get some stuff now, some stuff later, but don't settle on things like computers, SPEAKERS (which you also didn't mention) etc. No, you don't need hardware compressors and eq's right away, so fuck that. Wait until you get your money up and just upgrade whatever AI you have to something that adequately serves that purpose.

Can you do it for that price? Plausible. You'd need to be a monster engineer to make that set up sound radio-ready, but I've seen it done. Soleternity has less than that, but he's Soleternity, and sometimes rents out multimillion dollar rooms for mixing.
    test
  7. --Sinical--

--Sinical-- Real Hip Hop

I have a Studio, so I think I could help out.

Mbox mini - $299, comes with pro tools
    Audio Technica condensor mic - $299
    If I were I'd say fuck the mixer unless you plan on using it for live sound. Instead, I'd go with a preamp. Eureka Presonus preamp, has a built in compressor and eq
    Soundproof foam, I'd go with wedge. Depending on how your going to set up the foam I'd get the thickest you can. 4" is the highest you can buy.
    Monitors, KRK Rokit 5, $199 each.
    And make sure to get Mugami cables for everything.

And ... I'd get a pc that has at least 4GB of Ram, at least a dual core processor and at least 400 gb of harddrive.
    test
  8. Diasick

Diasick this guy

test
  9. LACheartOfaSoulja

LACheartOfaSoulja Member

don't use "foam" build bass traps they're better. "foam" will just make it sound more muddy, look for owens corning 703 fiberglass wood or it's equivalent roxul, or kauff something like that. As far as a interface, really ain't none worth getting in that price range besides protools m-box. You wanna save your money to get either a motu,rme,or echo. Also note, make sure your pc has a TI firewire chipset! Very important. Mic for the budget get a Rode nt-1a and go get it modded! Preamp don't even bother in your price range good pre's gonna range from 800-1,800. Even used! And you will "want/need" a external compresor for vocals. Something as simple as a FMR RNC will benefit to control peaks cause it capture the clips in audio quickly. Than you can use your plugins for added character or phatten the sound with another compressor using it in parallel!
    test
  10. blitz204

blitz204 BlitzBeats.com

good advice right here
    test
  11. BLACK ATTICUS

BLACK ATTICUS An Actual Show Rocka!!

damn this site is gold
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.