Trying to build a home studio

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Freshcoast86, Jan 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

On some cheap status..recording vocals. what kind of software do u suggest.. alot of artist come through i just wanna see if u have any ideas? thanks
    test
  2. Ryan KOTD

Ryan KOTD www.kingofthedot.com

What u trynA do? Record? Make beats?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. Freshcoast86

record vocals..
    test
  4. Ryan KOTD

Get an mbox 2 or mini and a cheap condenser mic... That's the cheapest way to get decent sound... Or u could get a random interface a preamp and a mic and use cubase but I'd suggest pro tools right off the bat honestly
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

there's also another section on RM that specialize in this stuff
    check the forum index
    test
  6. richiecrizzle

richiecrizzle New Member

im tryin to build a house.... any suggestions as to where i can purchase some wood and nails?
    test
  7. Ryan KOTD

Cmon man its not that bad of a thread there's a lot of dudes in here that do this shit..
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Freshcoast86

iight cool... lol@richie u dick
    test
  9. richiecrizzle

richiecrizzle New Member

haha. sorry dude. foreal tho get an m-box and a cheap condenser mic, protools or some other program to record on... as dude previously stated.
    test
  10. Freshcoast86

ha no problem i was just thinking about this shit figured id ask people on here who actually are doing or trying to make music.. appreciate the feed back
    test
  11. JAN1TOR

JAN1TOR New Member

i also think an Mbox is your best bet but i'm no expert. like i said check out that other forum, some guys there are pretty experienced and may have good suggestions for u
    test
  12. Ryan KOTD

Mbox comes with pro tools that's why its a good grab
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  13. Freshcoast86

test
  14. marcus1

marcus1 New Member

you know, midi controllers and music software arent that expensive these days. you might as well just get everything. make your own beats.
    test
  15. DoctaSARS

DoctaSARS New Member

Yeah, with an M-Box or whatever else, just make sure you have USB or Firewire connectivity instead of using your computer's microphone input. They make condenser/capacitor microphones that directly plug into USB but I don't know how good they are.
    test
  16. Akwan

Akwan a.k.a DECOY- GOT BEEF AUS

I definitely recommend the M-Box a LOT of fools use that.
    I'm using a M-Audio 2 FireFox mixer (I hope that's the right name), gets great sound and is affordable. Also get a Rhode NT-1000 mic, they're like a hunnid beans over here and work great with a basic set up.
    test
  17. Nyndiem

Nyndiem 9DM

Yup an m box or I'm runnin' the presonus fire box (like 150) a presonus pre amp (got it for like 100 used) and a blue bird mic (300 bucks) with cubase (free but took me a while to find one that works and also depends what operating system your using)

So maybe an mbox would be better..ne things really good if you got a clear mic and a decent preamp..most of the magic comes from "waves" mastering software

Its gonna cost you, so if your in it for the long run buy decent shit now so you don't have to buy it all over again.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Dirty Dem

Dirty Dem New Member

first off buy a fucking mac, running protools off PC sucks
    test
  19. MC_Akademix

MC_Akademix Active Member

make sure youre computer can run protools....protools was developed for 32-bit systems, so if youre using a 64bit OS it wont work....You need some good quality processing power to run PT8 smoothly. Get the Mbox 2 mini to save some bread (as said it comes with PT8), then get yourself a nice condensor mic (I think the AKD Perception series is quality), and make sure you got decent studio monitors/headphones (maybe Sennheiser headphones if you got some cash, and KRK monitors if u can spend on that). also make sure the acoustics are right wherever you record--you can build a Harlan Hogan box (portalbe booth) for mad cheap and can fix am bient sounds by experimenting with diff materials to try and capture sound and what not to make sure everything is recorded in good quality.
    test
  20. Mood Swangz187

Mood Swangz187 Member

Fuck Pro Tools Steinberg Programs have a better sound and are easier to navigate. Nuendo or Cubase. Save up 1500 to 2 G's and buy yourself an Avalon pre amp and a neumann mic.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.