Try my new split ......

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gorilla Nasty, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

depending on your goals.

It will be with 2 days rest in-between lifting days so you can go hard, but still get in cardio somewhat unimpeded. That is what basically suits my goals- intense lifting and intense cardio.

Day1- Legs and core

Depth Jumps 3x5
    Squats (3x8-12 ascending weight for all weight exercises unless)
    Leg Press*
    Calf Raise
    Med Ball Sit-ups
    Leg Raises (on a bench)
    Hyperextensions 3x15

Day 4- Chest, triceps, biceps

Med Ball Push-ups 3x10
    Bench Press
    Incline Bench Press
    Skull Crushers
    Rope Triceps Pulldowns*
    Barbell Curl
    Hammer Curl*

Day7- Back, shoulders, traps

Power Cleans
    Deadlifts
    Wide Grip Pull-ups*
    Barbell Rows (or reverse grip)*
    Upright Rows
    Shrugs*
    Military Press
    Side Dumbell Raises*

Everything with stars can be substituted for a different exercise so long as it's for that given body part. It'll give you plenty of rest time in-between to get in lots of running, the cardio of choice. Hell if you have access to a pool, go swimming on days when your legs are sore. Also every workout begins with a form of plyometrics, which will help your running, as well as any other athletics you may be into.
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

so you perform each exercise to failure i assume?

and is this actually how you train because to me Day 7 looks like way too much in terms of volume and time. also, i dont see the point in training one muscle that many different ways in 1 session.

you should check out DoggCrap training its a 2-day split where you choose 3 exercises to rotate for each muscle group and alternate as A1 B1 A2 B2 A3 B3. you do ONE exercise per muscle group per split and you do it til failure, however, you can do each warm up as many times as youd like.
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

I can't work to failure for some exercise because I don't have a spotter and what med ball sit ups are you talking about.

Post an example?
    test
  4. Gorilla Nasty

It's not until failure. Start with a weight that you can do about 12 reps of. take about 30 seconds rest maybe. Do another set for as many as you can (usually 10-12 range). Stretch again. Do another set for as many as you can or 12 at most. That's all you're doing.

Then move onto the next exercise. But make sure you keep track of your weights and reps in a notebook. That way you can keep track of what's too easy or too hard. And by that, it saves you time the next workout.

As far as it being too much for the back I don't think so. It's composed of a lot of different muscles and muscle groups. My program is especially designed to build a complete physique. Throw in the odd neck and forearm day too. Also substitute * exersises with ones that work that particular muscle from a different angle.
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Have a partner or friend stand on your feet while you're in a sit-up position. Start up at the top and while you're going down, have him throw the ball towards your chest area. Catch it and resist its weight as you go down to almost before you hit the floor. Forcefully contract your abs and use that momentum to throw the ball to your partner. If you don't have anybody, weighted crunches will suffice, but they don't kick your ass like med ball sit-ups.
    test
  6. Servical

Servical S on my chest.

test
  7. LiveFromThe781

i ask again: do you do this routine yourself? and if so how long does it take you to complete because i think it would take me 2.5-3 hours to finish all those.

id like to see someone bust their ass with deadlifts then go right into a clean and press followed by military pressing, and after that youre still supposed to do lateral raises...with what 5 lbs? ...then rows? lmao im sorry but i dont believe thats A) possible B) an effective routine

isnt "as many as you can" the same as training to failure?

and are you saying to take the weights down as you finish or you rest and do 12 more with the same weight?
    test
  8. Gorilla Nasty

I do it myself. It's not as hard as you'd think. It takes me about 1hr15mins. to 1 1/2 hr. to finish any given workout. And that's with ample rest between sets, and the 5-10min. jump rope session I use to get ready prior to working out.

You do the power cleans first, then deadlifts. Plyometrics are always first. I never said anything about a clean and press one time. Pay attention and/or quit crying. You do it in order from big muscle to small. I do lateral raises with 10Lbs. for 12 intense reps. right now. It makes sense, but if you're saying that you can't do it, then maybe you can't. You have my assurance that I do this program, have done it before and will continue to do it.

That's the one thing I advocate, quality reps over quantity reps. Lots of focusing on the contractions. Do 12 reps with the weight. Next set 12, or as many as you can (between 1-11 duh). Make sure the weight is somewhat challenging too. Bringing the weight back down nice and slow and focusing on the negative also. As far as actual weights, It's more by feel for me and writing things down is a big help too. The weights are going to be lower because of the quality and intensity of the contractions, but it's worth it DEPENDING ON YOUR GOALS as I said earlier.

It's to develop a leaner sleek look with a little eye towards strength with the plyos. I'm not saying it'll make you strong like a powerlifter, but if you want to get that Brad Pitt "Fight Club" look, this is your plan. You have to eat right also!!!!
    test
  9. Purple Haze

Ehhh, I don't spend more than an hour at the gym lifting, after that my strength really starts to pan off.

a warm up with 4-5 exercises and a passive stretch cool down is sufficient enough.

leg press, tricep pulldowns, barbell curls can be do away with.
    deadlifts, bench, squats, med ball push ups, and pull ups are a must.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

[​IMG]
    brad pitt weighed 155 pounds in fight club, no thanks.
    test
  11. Gorilla Nasty

Well whatever. I'm just saying, If you're going for a sleek lean look, this is your program.
    test
  12. Gorilla Nasty

But see, where it pays off is two full days of rest from lifting before the next session. IMO, it's a great "real world" schedule. It's also great to base your routine off of. I never said this was the exact thing to follow, just more of a template. You adjust it to whatever individual needs you may have.
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

yeah thats "lean and sleek" alright. but uh powerlifts and olympic lifts arent exactly going to give you that appearance, in fact they do quite the opposite. unless of course you do those exercises with embarassingly low weights.
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

I did this fucker all last summer. I would know how it works, not you. As I said, It will give you that look. It has nothing to do with powerlifts, and everything to do with cardio. So please, shut the fuck up and just leave if it's not for you. I'm getting tired of your fucking trolling in this thread. Don't try to tell me how my split works, or that it doesn't.

I just find it funny how on one hand you act like some know nothing, yet you want to try and act like you're teaching me something. I've been doing this for about 10 years.. I've read tons of articles, books and magazines. I've done countless trial and error. I was in school at one point to become a personal trainer and have plenty of education in anatomy as well as nutrition. so please, back the fuck off, go back to your desk and sit down.
    test
  15. Purple Haze

Are you certified PFT?

ISSA? NASM? NSCA?

I was thinking about getting one.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

if youre telling me that powerlifts give you a sleek look and you know this because youve been doing this program for 10 years then congragulations: youve wasted 10 years of your life doing something completely wrong. riddle me this: do you have that "sleek" look because thats what you want or is it because you dont have a damn clue as to what youre actually doing and havent added a single pound of mass as a result? ...hmmm

and personal trainers know jack shit about anything and even less about lifting, so why you mentioned it like it means you belong to an elite leauge of knowledge was fuckin useless. unless you have a degree in exercise science, are a S&C coach, bodybuilder, powerlifter, or olympian, or can back up your arguments with some type of documented and valid results, what you say holds no real weight(which you apparently dont either Mr. 155 Fight Club), at least not any higher than what i have to say...but then again im not telling people that theyll look "sleek" by doing deadlifts and upright rows either.

Purple: id get certified based on what you want do in paticular. if you want to work at a gym make sure to ask an employer what the type of certification required is and just get the bare minimum. if you want to do freelance you could go either way, some people will know high certification where some wont. thats a risk you can take or not. also, if you go freelance get some background knowledge on the business and how to run one successfully before you go jumping in, theres a lot of seminars, books, etc on the subject. good luck either way.
    test
  17. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

it seems like every post is an arument and power struggle with this livefromwhatever kid lol
    test
  18. LiveFromThe781

it would seem that way if youre:

A1) someone who thinks supplements are inferior

A2) thinks replacing "781" with "whatever" is amusing.

B1) someone who crams a rediculously high amount of isolation exercises into one session

B2) someone who tries to be in the muscular class of Toby McGuire, Ally McBeil, and Woody Allen.
    test
  19. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

yea... i've made up my mind. your a fag.
    test
  20. LiveFromThe781

A3) someone who has to debate with themselves before they can make petty insults.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.