truth. #quote

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Twamp, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -- Susan B. Anthony

@Alias3000
    @TheBigPayback
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Im afraid in cases where people actually know the will of God has luttle to nothing to do with their own desires and more to do with what hes told everyone his will is in his "last will, and testiment" the bible.

Alias id say is more of a case of horrrible isegesis rather than good exegesis.

in response to the quote.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well what hes saying is this for example, take someone who is looking for a religion, say this person is againts gays. He goes to 5 different kinds of christian church. He will most likely join the one thats also against gays. Even though all claim to know the will of god.

there isnt a religion out there that doesnt claim to be right. Or they wouldnt exist
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

Ya that happens.. the bible itself warns of this

But that should tell u its more to do with the individual rather than the bible.
    if u study the bible honestly without a motive this doesnt happen.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

C.s lewis quotes

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.”
    test
  6. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

Sondunkilthim = the damaging effects of Jim Crow.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.