Truth about sacred name movement

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

youve been decieved into thinking you were wrong. which is even worse.
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

Nope, i have a better understanding of the word Elohim. I am correct to use that term. I am not wrong to use it.
    test
  3. Menso

Menso Go Lakers!

Jumping around threads is smooth?

Whatever, I work at 5am, and I really don't have time to cajole another admission from you tonight.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

I didnt say not to use it, but at the very least acknowledge what the actual word is alluding to. pluralism
    test
  5. Coup d'état

@menso well you log into another name and that makes you some kind of big shot ? lmao

I can hardly keep track of all the postings in one thread, let alone 5.

Cajole another admission ? Who are you soposed to be ? because of our discussings I have a better idea of the word Elohim ? and in the larger sense I was not wrong.

You have bigger problems yet. YOu have an idol zeus in your heart of whom you belive is "GAWD" You by doing that, you know not the MessiYAH.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Yeah, notice it is in NO WISE ever alluding to Yahshuah being the Enteranl Creator...there is a big difference.

You try to force things in scriptures at the cost of the true Gospel message. That is a big problem.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

what?
    Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made..

it certainly does

I dont try and force anything on anyone, all i do is drop scripture, it proves itself.

u try and talk people into believing the way u do. i just show people what the bible says.
    test
  8. Coup d'état

Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made..

No argument there. Where in that verse does it teach Yahshuah is Elohim ?

You cannot not teach scriptures because you don't know what they are teaching. You teach philosophy and rudiments of the world. You are a false prophet and the foolish virgin as told in Matthew 25
    test
  9. Coup d'état

If you come with anything that the MessiYAH did not teach or claim (trinity, abolished Law) then you do not come with his athority...rather you come with the anti-MessiYAH authority.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the MessiYAH, the Son of the living Elohim.

And Yahshuah answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

dont play stupid man. You know that john 1 mirrors gen 1 and why.

your so blinded and decieved its not even funny.

you mean the 5 virgins that didnt keep their lamp filled and the 5 that had extra lol talk about context. you have no clue what your talking about
    im begining to think you know your decieved and just want company in ur misury
    test
  12. Coup d'état

the truth is misery to you ?

John Chapter 1

The Word was God?

In John.1:1-3 we read,

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made

As mentioned previously, it is not wrong to address Yeshuah as god or Elohim as long as we don't address him as the "one true Elohim." According to the common understanding of verse 1, there are two beings, the Word and God, Yeshua and YAHUWAH. Therefore, the phrase "the Word was God" would lead one to believe that Yeshuah (the Word) was YAHUWAH (God). However, if we know that YAHUWAH called Yeshuah "God" or "Elohim" in Heb.1:9

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

and Ps.45:7,

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

There is no problem with the phrase "the Word was God." Yeshuah is obviously an Elohim in Hebrew or a god in English. This, of course, is based on the common understanding of the "Word" being Yeshuah. That, however, is not what John intended when he wrote these verses.

Since Yeshuah is called "The Word of God" in Rev.19:13,

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God

the translators of the KJV assumed the "Word" of John.1:1 was also Yeshuah and therefore, capitalized the word "word" and used the pronoun "him" in reference to the "word." The Greek for "Word" is "logos." It appears in the text written with a small letter l. Logos means "the spoken word" or "something said (including the thought)." In that sense the word is an "it," not a person but a thing. The great English translator William Tyndale renders it that way in his 1525 version as does the Matthew's Bible of 1537, the Great Bible of 1539, the Geneva Bible of 1560, and the Bishop's Bible of 1568.

Verse 3 should read, "All things were made through it; and without it was not anything made that was made." In other words, YAHUWAH spoke creation into existence. This understanding agrees perfectly with passages such as Gen.1:3,6,9,11,14,20,and 24 all of which begin, "And Elohim said." YAHUWAH spoke and it was done.

Ps.33:6,9 says, By the word of Yahweh were the heavens made; and all the host by the breath of his mouth. . . For He spoke and it was; He commanded, and it stood fast.

Not only did YAHUWAH speak creation into existence, but He also spoke His Son Yeshuah into existence; "And the word (YAHUWAH's spoken word) was made flesh" (Jn.1:14). Yeshuah did not become the "Word of YAHUWAH" until his birth as a flesh and blood male child.

How then should we translate verse 1?

"In the beginning was the word; and the word was with YAHUWAH, and the word was YAHUWAHs" is one suggestion. The Greek word translated "God" is "theos." The Greek does not have a different word to show possession. Therefore, theos can be translated "YAHUWAH" or "YAHUWAH's." The possessive form makes this verse so clear and in harmony with the phrase "the word was with YAHUWAH."

A second possible translation would be, "and the word was mighty." Theos is equivalent to the Hebrew word Elohim. Elohim has the meaning of great or mighty in such verses as Gen.30:8,

And Rachel said, With great [Elohim] wrestlings have I wrestled with my sister, and I have prevailed: and she called his name Naphtali

and 1 Sam 14:15,

And there was trembling in the host, in the field, and among all the people: the garrison, and the spoilers, they also trembled, and the earth quaked: so it was a very great [Elohim] trembling.

Since the word theos in the phrase "the Word was God [theos]" is not preceded by the article "ho" (the God), as are the other two uses of theos in verses 1 & 2, it can be understood as an adjective rather than a noun.

test
  13. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

This is rich. I own multiple devices: 2 desktops, a laptop, a tablet, Anne two smartphones. That particular desktop was logged in as Menso.

If you can't maintain multiple lines of discussion, then who are you to try and teach?

We've been over the Zues issue. I have The Most High, The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob, in my heart. You claim the Zues thing is a 16th century artifact, when the name Jesus was used since antiquity. The Gospels were written in Greek, did they have an idol I'm their hearts as well?
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

John 1:1 Bible Lexicon
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.