Truth about sacred name movement

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by lyricalpriest, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

WHAT IS THE SACRED NAME MOVEMENT?

The sacred name movement is a religious movement which began in the late 1920s and early 1930s. It grew out of division within the Church of God, Seventh Day.
    The primary and therefore the namesake concern of this movement is both the written and the oral use of the name Yahweh, or one of the other many English forms of the Hebrew name of God. From this emphasis derives the name, Sacred Name Movement.
    While the most popular English form of the Name comes to us as Yahweh (Yahshua for Jesus), in Hebrew Bibles it is hwhy and in early Hebrew manuscripts and engravings, hwhy. By most scholars, it is represented in English as YHWH. By some YHVH.
    For many sacred name people, a secondary concern is the disparagement, in varying degrees, of the name of Jesus. This disparagement extends to Chr_stians and Chr_stianity (sic) for refusing to use the Hebrew only sacred names and for being full of pagan practices.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR # 1
    THE ORIGINAL PRONUNCIATION OF THE
    TETRAGRAMMATON CAN BE DETERMINED
    WITH ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY.

Many sacred name teachers believe and very vocally teach that unless one uses the Hebrew name and only the Hebrew name for God, he or she will be eternally damned. It should be noted that not all sacred name teachers are so dogmatic.
    While this exclusive view is taken by most SN teachers, they themselves do not know the original Hebrew pronunciation of God's name. They admit as much by the variety of names used within the movement and by individuals repeatedly changing the name they hold sacred.
    By some sacred name people, our Creator is called Yah Veh, Yahh, Yahweh, Iahueh, Yahwah, and Yaohu. By others he is spoken of as Yahuwah, Yahuah, and more than a score of even less likely names.
    Jesus is called Yahshua by most sacred name folks. But, more and more are beginning to use Yahushua. By some he is called Yasha, by some Yeshua, by some Yaohushua, by some Y'shua, by some Iahushua, by others Yehoshua, YAHVAHSHUA, and even Yhwhhoshua.
    Confusion! Error!
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

ERROR # 2
    THE BIBLE, AS WE HAVE IT, IS A CORRUPTED
    DOCUMENT AND SACRED NAME TEACHERS
    ARE ABLE TO REPAIR IT.

A Bible revision made by any religious group is certainly one of the more interesting aspects for study of that movement.
    Mormons have their Holy Scriptures, Inspired Version made by Joseph Smith. Jehovah's Witnesses have The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, a Watch Tower publication.
    That people within the sacred name movement, in spite of its small size, have made nearly a dozen Bible revisions is cause for an especially deep concern. Perhaps the concern is more an inverse awe.
    What mental processes have their leaders gone through as they came to the point of willingness to make their own bible? Is their teaching sufficiently different that it cannot be found in the more conventional Bible translations?
    Have they concluded that they are already isolated from other groups to such an extent that the stigma attached to revising their own Bible will not isolate them further? Is the purpose perhaps to exacerbate such isolation? How have they come to believe that God has singled them out to give to the world the corrected Word of God?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR #3
    THE NEW TESTAMENT WAS ORIGINALLY
    WRITTEN IN HEBREW

One of the most absurd of the claims made by sacred name movement teachers is that the complete New Testament was originally written in the Hebrew language. Nothing could be further from the truth.
    This claim is made without so much as a shred of empirical evidence. Even so, such an untenable position is thrust upon these teachers as necessary to support the primary doctrine of the movement.
    In truth, the New Testament was originally written in Greek. Paul, Peter, James, John, Luke, and others wrote the name of our Savior in a language not Hebrew. If these men were permitted, inspired even, to write the name in Greek, we are also permitted to write and speak the name in our native language.
    The historical fact is this: the New Testament was written in Greek. Therefore, the doctrine of the Hebrew only sacred name is made invalid. This conclusion will be reached by even the most casual thinker who has the facts at his or her disposal.
    Therefore, sacred name movement teachers are compelled to fight a futile battle against an obviously original Greek New Testament.
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

ERROR # 4
    JESUS SPOKE THE NAME YAHWEH

One of the keystone doctrines of the sacred name movement is that our Savior preached and taught the name Yahweh to the Jewish people of his time. One or another sacred name group may say Jesus taught one or another of the numerous possible English transliterations of hwhy. Numbers of sacred name people believe the primary mission of Jesus was bringing the name Yahweh to the world.
    It is supposed that the Messiah spoke this name often to the Jewish people, taught the importance and pronunciation of this name to his followers, said it and read it when he referred to the Old Testament, and used this name when he addressed God. Sacred name teachers boldly assert that Jesus was arrested, tried, and killed because he said the name Yahweh.
    Are these claims true? Did Jesus ever once utter the name Yahweh? Sacred name teachers gamely admit that according to what is written in the Holy Scriptures he did not. However, they believe the Scriptures are wrong.
    Welcome to the sacred name movement.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR # 5
    THE NAME JESUS ETYMOLOGICALLY
    DERIVES FROM THE NAME ZEUS.

A long held and regularly used false teaching among more than half of sacred name movement assemblies and individuals is that the Greek word for Jesus means son of Zeus or has a meaning otherwise connected with or derived from the word Zeus. There are a number of variations on this fanciful teaching, a favorite being that Jesus means Healing Zeus.
    It is especially sad to see sacred name converts, who have no idea of the source of their information, promoting this error.
    In spite of the fact that the teaching cannot be backed by research, many in the movement believe it simply has to be true.
    The teaching is purely and simply a lie, a fabrication. This falsehood began in the teachings of some of the pioneer preachers of the movement. It continues among preachers and teachers who are movers and shakers in the movement today.
    This doctrine and its continued propagation epitomize other false teachings of the sacred name movement. Even after it has time and again been proven false, many still cling to it.
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

test
  5. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

The COG 7th Day connection makes sense. I grew up in a church of that denomination. I grew up with a very robust education of the OT; I had to, how else could we know the Laws of God? Until I started to read the Scripture on my own, I couldn't refute their arguments. So I did, and I found that we aren't called to follow the Law, or to engage in a lifestyle that did. I also found out then that most people were confused; this happens when your Teacher is simply teacher. I studied Scripture and asked God for understanding. When I finally began to seek out teachers, it always became clear that I had greater knowledge than they were prepared for. Their arguments crashed against the rocks and were crushed to pieces. Some held to their beliefs dogmatically, usually pulling the context card. Those that were humble enough to listen knew that I had shown them wisdom. They usually claim that they need to pray about it. How different the two really are.

What comes out of the mouth defiles.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

brothas and sistas calling the Father and His Son by their names is not a movement. It is out of respect and out of obedience to the importance of a name.

This is a no brainer. Any who have a problem with their names really have a probelm with the Father and His Son.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

when you start making things up tho. like jesus ahem i mean jezus.. and shit like that tho. that's even worse.. plus you didn't read shit i just posted coup or else you wouldn't say that. no where did i say it's wrong to call jesus yeshua. but to say he isn't god.. that is blasphemy.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

if you do not believe in your heart that I AM, you will die in your sins.
    test
  9. Coup d'état

You don't even want to learn scriptures, let alone do you have any understandings of them. You got only what religion has taught you. I had the same thing. But I have been blessed with knowledge and understanding of what the Gospel message is.

I'm not saying you can't call him Jezus. I'm just saying that is not his name. If you understand why and the history behind it you would also not even dare call him that name.

PM me. Other wise, don't be so foolish. I can and will set you straight with scriptures..****pends on you though. Do you really care ? or are you satisfied with the false doctrines taught to you by wolves in sheep's clothing ?

I would be quick to listen and slow to speak.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

Payback, believing in YAHUWAH is not a mere acknowledgment that he is the FATHER.

Believing is a word that encompasses a lot and in short your belief is expressed in a knowledge and understanding of what the Father and His Son want you to do to be free and what to do for salvation.

franc112@msu.edu (email me when you are ready to get over yourself and come to the Father)
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

test
  12. Coup d'état

First, His name is not god. His name is YAHUWAH.

Second, it's not a movement to call the Father by His name. It's a matter of respect and doing what He tells us to do. He said REMEMBER my NAME FOREVER. Nor is it a "movement" to obey the FATHER.

Third, nobody cares about the links you are posting. If you even cared yourself, you would post a synopsis you lazy twit

Fourth, there is no debate. YAHUWAH is His name and His LAW and Word IS FOREVER

Fifth, you are a scoffer (your avatar is fitting)

sixth, YAHUWAH is His name.

seventh - YAHUWAH is FOREVER.

eighth - YAHUWAH is UNCHANGING.

ninth - KEEP ALL THE COMMANDMENTS, there is no TRY.

tenth - YAHSHUAH - THNK NOT THAT I AM COME TO DESTROY THE LAW, OR THE PROPHETS: I AM NOT COME TO DESTROY BUT TO FULFILL

Matthew 5:19

Whosoever therefore shall beak one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven (lake of fire): but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven
    test
  13. RandomPoster

RandomPoster New Member

Coup are there any passages in the Hebrew bible that explicitly say the Messiah's name is Yahshuah? Your teacher did a good job of showing how it can be seen theoretically
    but is it written anywhere in plain site that we can turn too and then decide how it should've been translated into Greek? This is a legit question because it's the hang up that leads
    my Messiah rejecting Hebrew Israelite friend to believe the only son YHWH had was Israel.

Do you have any specific refutations on the material posted above? You had history and documentation on your side with the trinity and went on a posting spree if you are correct on this you should have the same amount of sources to disprove what was posted above.
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

hahahaha

(adding our own words now huh)

Freedom From Human Regulations Through Life With Christ
    col:2
    6So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, 7rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

8See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ.

9For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. 11In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature,a not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ, 12having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead.

13When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature,b God made youc alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. 15And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.d

16Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. 19He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: 21“Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. 23Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

hey coup if your such a big follower of the law why dont you take the 7th year off like the sabbath law requires.

<< Leviticus 25 >>

3For six years sow your fields, and for six years prune your vineyards and gather their crops. 4But in the seventh year the land is to have a sabbath of rest, a sabbath to the Lord. Do not sow your fields or prune your vineyards. 5Do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the grapes of your untended vines. The land is to have a year of rest. 6Whatever the land yields during the sabbath year will be food for you—for yourself, your manservant and maidservant, and the hired worker and temporary resident who live among you, 7as well as for your livestock and the wild animals in your land. Whatever the land produces may be eaten.
    The Year of Jubilee

8“‘Count off seven sabbaths of years—seven times seven years—so that the seven sabbaths of years amount to a period of forty-nine years. 9Then have the trumpet sounded everywhere on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement sound the trumpet throughout your land. 10Consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you; each one of you is to return to his family property and each to his own clan. 11The fiftieth year shall be a jubilee for you; do not sow and do not reap what grows of itself or harvest the untended vines. 12For it is a jubilee and is to be holy for you; eat only what is taken directly from the fields.
    test
  16. Brown Jesus

Would you, when you were a child, call your biological father by his real name? If you did, which I doubt, would it have been respectful? Would you call your father by his real name, instead of Dad/Father, out of love?

Now, how much more loving and respectful should you be with your Father in Heaven?

You're a lost cause, Coup.
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

Im not worried about coup because God has a way of stripping us down and building us back up.

the minute you think you got it all figured out..watch out.

your in line to get stripped

humble.
    test
  18. Coup d'état

Brown, Good point. But the truth is that we see over and over in scriptures our Father saying to Ysrael to remember his name, to call on his name, to sing in his name, to pray in his name, to exhlat his name, to love his name, to obey in his name and to not forget his name for Baal.
    test
  19. Brown Jesus

If your father told you to call on his name if you need help, would you literally call his name? Or would you cry out "Father, I need your help." If you never actually speak your fathers name, it doesn't mean that you've forgotten it.

Let's address the actual issue at hand, though. If the Israelites, being the stewards of the faith, haven't spoken the Name of God in millennia, what makes you believe that it's ok to do so now? It is in utter disregard for everything the Jews/Hebrews have done in their stewardship of the Faith. Are we to believe that you have knowledge greater than that of Moses and the Prophets? Are we to believe that your "dread-ed" (no apologies for the pun) "teacher" has somehow managed to improve on the rabbinic literature? A literature that has evolved over the course of the aforementioned millennia. Are you really saying that your "teacher" possesses greater knowledge of The Law and The Prophets than the Talmud itself? That I should heed your "teacher" over all the teacher's in the history of the faith?

gtfo
    test
  20. Coup d'état

That is a good philosophy you have and it's even a good wordily analogy. But the fact is that the Father wants us to remember His name and even to call on it. Why is this such a difficult concept for you ? Do you love the Father ?

Consider these scriptures against your analogy and philosophy.

Psalm 68:4 Sing unto Elohim, sing praises to HIS NAME: (which name?) extol him that ride upon the heavens by his name YAH, and rejoice before him.

Jer 16:19-21 O YAHUWAH, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

v20 Shall a man make gods unto himself, and they are no gods?

v21 Therefore, behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know mine hand and my might; and they shall know that my name is YAHUWAH

Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of YAHUWAH shall be delivered (saved)

John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men (YAHUWAH) which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word (word=LAW).

John 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 17:11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name (YAHUWAH)--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads (YAHUWAH).
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.