True HIP HOP.....leave links!

Discussion in 'Beats/Producers' started by Koach, Feb 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koach

Koach rm takes it up the ass

test
  2. Koach

OOOOOOOOOOOweeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    test
  3. SHITTY Bang Bang

SHITTY Bang Bang freestyle fanatic

i accually am feeling alot of your beats they are different ....good job
    test
  4. Soopa of I.M.E.

Soopa of I.M.E. New Member

sup Koach....damn, i wasn't sure if i was gonna dig the first joint, but around 1:56 it really started to grow on me...i like how you chopped up that flute man and i'm lovin' that rim, i kno you programmed this, but it reminds me of the breakbeat so much it's crazy....now 360....DOPE!! sounds like somethin' Q-Tip would murder man, this one is so '96 Tribe Called Quest soundin', it's unbelievable...i LOVE this one man.....i woulda added a bassline and a hat in there personally, but that's me, i still like this one the most man....simple, but effective jazz steez.....good work!

Soopa
    test
  5. So Fo Real

So Fo Real So Fo Real

R-Tried beat...i like the actual sounds you chose for it...pretty different too

The 360 is my favorite...I love jazz, i've even played jazz in different spots in the world on the sax, so this is mosdef my type thing... Keep it up playa and thanks for your post
    test
  6. b0rders

b0rders EBO KNOWS

test
  7. RoFo

RoFo I'm dope...

360: ~~~~e the drums up a little...The pattern is too standard if you know what i mean...The intro is too long imo. It gets better when that flute or what it is comes in later on in the beat.

Retried: The snare is awful imo...Flute quality is pretty bad...Those HIGH flute tones you play a lil around with in the middle of the beat are really tearing up your ears :( Other than that it's ok.

Not tryna be a hater here im just being honest...
    test
  8. RoFo

RoFo I'm dope...

Lol

360: S P I C E the drums up a little it is...

Why the hell cant you say S P I C E? LOL
    test
  9. Koach

Don't tell me I'm gaining points in rep level? Now I'm becoming ONE OF THEM?
    test
  10. _REAPAH_

_REAPAH_ Mello Dee

RE-Tried: Good drum pattern... Not really feelin the flute sample... Sounds real friendly. The beat sounds empty but it would sound good with an Emcee over it... better than that lumidee shit.

360: nice chime intro... Good drum pattern again. Im diggin the chords u got playin. When the drums kick in the beat sounds good, but still a lil empty. You should get a bass element at least (a deep toned sound, like a pad or something). Its straight, keep doin it.

Please return the favor:
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=859535
    test
  11. Koach

Aight, peeped yours.
    test
  12. Blocc_Rocc

Blocc_Rocc New Member

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=859664
    return the love

re-tired
    sounds a bit too empty for my taste....but the elements u do have are pretty nice man.....the flute is cool...the drums are str8....just needs some more instruments to complete the beat....

this one sounds a bit better....u gotta fix the mix tho.....sounds like this beat is comin thru a phone filter.......nice rhodes those are dope...sounds are on point....im feelin that second sound that comes in....u should keep that comin in to complete the beat more.....this could be a hot beat with a few more elements and a better mix....im feelin it pretty much tho
    test
  13. BASSment UK

BASSment UK Phiba Optix

Re-Tried: Drums sound niice and funky off the bat... Hmm sounds kinda wierd when the flute comes in at first. Dont sound too bad now my ears have adjusted. Waitin for a flip now... Ahh here we go, dropped the drums out... sounds alright, ahh now we have a niice flip on the flute, I'm liking that. Not a bad beat overall, a little basic though... Perhaps add another instrument?

360: Sounds real wierd off the bat... Ahh thats electric piano is soothing...REALLY feeling that ish. Hmmm, drumloop is hella basic, ain feelin that at all... sorry playa. The buildup that comes in at 1:20 is aiight. I think you need to redo the drums for this, they dont really blend well. Not bad apart from that though.

Hit me back: http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=860274
    test
  14. Koach

Got one return. I'll get the other when Soundclick is back up.
    test
  15. LISN

LISN United States Marines

retried, love the drums.. I think they could use a lil more constant percs... like the kick hihate kick snare.. should keep the hi hats constant... flute sounds dirty.. could be crispier... snare is coo... vibe is coo.. attempt was nice I know what you were tryna doo... keep em coming.

360, eirie intro, damn I wish you woulda keep crazy ass old school drums.. on that intro.. just constant drums.. aight then melody comes back again... awww.. you killed it.. shoulda keep the hi hat constant.. your percs need work.. the kick kick snare is good with a slight variation in percs.. not keeping the same thing... ahh.. this woulda been sweet with better drums.. keep at it..

"Boogie on Down"
    Sampled/Composed Dipset/Rocafella Type Joint!!
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=860251
    test
  16. DJ Friction

DJ Friction DJ Friction

re-tried....no hi-hat???...kind of a werid, ethnic vibe...like the drum scratch

360.....melody is ok...again....where is the hi hat..u fogetting it??

stay up
    test
  17. Koach

Hi hats are there-just minimally.
    test
  18. Koach

test
  19. Koach

Anymore?
    test
  20. tequila togorgeous

tequila togorgeous New Member

Retried: The sample is chopped well and the drum programming itself is good but I dont like that snare. Beat sounds a little empty but maybe that wouldnt be the case with an emcee over the top. Perhaps you could think about putting some kind of sustained note in the back just to give it a 'fuller' sound

360: I like this the only thing I would say is that id have prefered it with a snare that had a pronoucned decay but thats just personal preference.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.