True Graphic Designers/ Web Developers Enter

Discussion in 'Graphic Forum' started by The Conflict, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Conflict

The Conflict Twisted Designs

It has been awhile since I graced this site(especially this forum) with my presence so let me give you guys a little background before I get to the point.

My name is Aaron G. and I am a graphic design artist and web developer from Georgia. I have an Associates Of Science: Animation Degree from Brown College. I have been working as a freelance web developer as kind of a hobby but more importantly have been working for an architect designing 3d animations of proposed urban developments. In the last few months I have been drafting an idea to put together a website of people who are dedicated web developers and animators as sort of a place for people to look for freelance workers who are good at what they do.
    Last week my boss came to me with an approval for this project and said if i can find 10 people who can prove themselves as designers and are willing to get into the field of graphic design/ web development more than part time I can begin putting together the website and he will cover all costs...hosting/demain/bandwidth...

Here is the proposed layout... A main page will explain our purpose while allowing the end user (hopeful customer) to concoct a detailed search for the person capable of doing the work they are needing. Based on the info you give me will determine what catergory of work we will allow you to be found under when a search is done. Flash designers, animators, and web developers all have their own little niche of things they can do and we want to allow the potential customer to find you.
    After a search is done a list will be generated based on MY determination of the people that can do the work they are looking for and how good I believe you are at what you do. THIS IS ONLY TO BEGIN. After customers hire you they will be asked to fill out a survey as part of their contract with our buisness. This survey will move you up OR down the list when people are searching.

Upon seeing the list they can click on your name (personal and/or buisness name) and they will be sent to YOUR PERSONAL page which YOU WILL design. We will give you a personal email address on our server and plenty enough bandwidth to cover a VERY graphic web page.

Anyone who is interested in this idea please leave your contact info on this page.

Email
    AIM
    Yahoo
    MySpaceIM

I will contact you regarding further information.

And just to add, I was hesistant to add this memo to this site because of some of the "fake" people here. However, I have a history with some of you and repsect some of your skills. Please only add your info if you are a serious designer and are seriously looking for your chance to take your profession/hobby to the next level.
    test
  2. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Good idea.

Perhaps you should find a message board that this would be more appropriate for instead of asking people on a rap site. That would be the more intelligent thing to do, instead of making threads in the Alley complaining that nobody responds.

Just my opinion.
    test
  3. The Conflict

This is about the 10th site that I have been a part of for a number of years where I posted this message. If you had read through the thread you would notice that I was reluctant to post it here. However, I have alot of respect for Jeff and many of the users here. Seeing as how there is a forum dedicated to graphic design I found it appropriate to leave this here.
    test
  4. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

It is one thing to leave a message and let people respond to you, if they wish.
    It is another to leave a message and then get upset when people don't respond to your thread.

My wife does Web Design, Graphics and is majoring in Art.
    I told her about it (and showed her the thread) and she said, "I wouldn't take anybody serious who makes business proposals on rapmusic.com and doesn't even provide a link to their work. Besides, I'm not really interested in making freelance hook ups. That's slightly corny, actually."

If you're in it for the art, then do what you do.
    When you do something like this you come across as just another man trying to make a buck off of other people's talent. No offense.
    test
  5. The Conflict

Had you read the thread prior to ridiculing it you would have noticed that nowhere in this proposal do I mention anywhere my buisness standing to make a penny. I am drafting an idea that allows freelance artists the chance to take the next step and get noticed. My company has an incredible amount of free space available on our servers and upon myself and another co-worker finding this out, I came up with this idea.

And nowhere in the thread do I propose that I won't to hook up with any of the people who may be interested in the concept of getting noticed. I am happily employed full time working for my company. As I said I do side freelance development and know from my early days of work that when you first begin it can be a task to find REAL contacts.

EVERYONE READ: In no way to I stand to profit from anything said in this thread. I simply want to create a site where people who started as I did in the field of graphic design/web development can get noticed. I do however promise that we do have some VERY interested customers in the Atlanta Metro area who are willing to give people a chance to completely redesign their exisiting websites if you can prove you have the skills.
    test
  6. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

Save it.

If you get people to use your site and then you advertise for other companies on your site, then you are making money off of them. Let's be honest, chief. Or is your boss going to just throw money away for the fun of it?

Good luck with your website.
    test
  7. The Conflict

You are extremely right in that any well developed website is going to have at least a small percentage of the money they spend hosting it payed back by advertising. However, the space I proposed to use this website in has already been bought and paid for. It has been sitting there unused since I began working for them in 2004. So in that sense we stand to make no profit from this. All interested parties will have links directing the end user directly to THEIR page and THEIR pricing specifications. We will have no peice of that nor know what services the end user will be purchasin. This will only be a portal to the designers work.
    test
  8. ehpik

ehpik New Member

if a designer does shit for the site, and others see it, and it looks hot, you will profit from it

I do designs, but wouldn't do this, it looks/sounds mad unreliable
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.