Triton Extreme vs Triton Studio

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Johnny Skriptz, Jun 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny Skriptz

Johnny Skriptz Educated Emcee

I've tested both workstations but I can't figure out which one to add to the setup. The Extreme has more sounds and the sounds are a lot richer than the Studio. I just need some opinions, nothing more.
    test
  2. Loud Enuff

Loud Enuff Loud Enuff Productions

well i guess you kinda answered your own question.. but really it depends on what all you will be doing...
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I prefer the studio myself but the only reason the Extreme sounds different is kuz of the tube and u can turn taht tube off and on I personally dont like it
    test
  4. Johnny Skriptz

I've always looked at the Studio and I guess I should stick with it but I'm getting the rack because I only want all racks forget a board right about now. I'll sequence in software and probably the MPC2000XL if I get it in the long run.
    test
  5. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

LMAO

do you guys even know the difference between the studio and extreme?

obviously not.
    test
  6. Gamshooter

Gamshooter New Member

i think that was his question kind of why dont u tell him the difference
    test
  7. Premize Prod

no he wanted opinions.

anyways. dog the studio and extreme are the same damn keyboard(sound engine wise) the reason the studio is like 1g more is because its a studio. as in you can record vocals str8 into your keyboard. hence a studio.
    test
  8. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

u can record vocals for samples, i wouldn't recommend you do it for a track unless ur an idiot...triton studio has a CD-R and external sampler too. The extreme has a USB port and the studio doesn't. Get the studio though, because you have more functions. The sounds on the extreme are all atainable if you simply purchase the expansion boards for the studio. you don't need them right off the bat..

Pz
    test
  9. Johnny Skriptz

I do know the difference between the Studio and Extreme, I been knew about the ablilty to record into the Studio. I'm not even trying to record into the Studio, but anyway. Just like the Studio has 7 expansion boards and the Extreme doesn't. But the Extreme contain come on the PCM expansions...but I can careless about all that stuff.

I'm just trying to see which is the better board. I think I'll just get the Triton Rack and call it a day forget it.
    test
  10. Premize Prod

dont listen to jabbar. he is retarded. if your nto going to record into the keyboard than why the fuck would you spend the extra G on it. stupid ass hell. just get the extreme. but if you sequence ont he computer or mpc than the rack would be a fine choice.
    test
  11. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

The rack is not easy to edit... and it doesnt have the best software editor.

think about a year down the line when you done messing with presets.

get some keys... Try the TR Keyboard (so you can edit) and you would have enough for something else as well
    test
  12. J-A-B-B-A-R

J-A-B-B-A-R Knick Hater

hahaha...how u gone come around tellin me i'm an idiot whne i own the studio and been using it for more than two years got an album comin out, producin another album and makin much more than 600 a pop for a beat? I'm the idiot? ok kid...keep hustlin man.

Yo Skriptz, if you ever go on tour or whatever, u can drag the studio with you and make a beat on there. If you gonna be doin a show u can take it with you if you ain't got the beat on CD. whatever...so many different functions you can use it for...

Pz
    test
  13. Johnny Skriptz

One of my boys has the Studio on campus and it's sweet. He uses it for everything you know, he has no software...man, dude doesn't even use a PC. Everything is done on the Studio, it's a nice board. I need to edit sounds, I like to tweak sounds. I just went out and got Colossus and Cubase SX3. I want to be legit when it comes to software, but I think I might get the Studio because I love it personal. But I was trying to save space that's why I was going to get the rack. Plus, I was looking at an MPC down the road.
    test
  14. Loud Enuff

Loud Enuff Loud Enuff Productions

uhmm you can do that on ANY workstation....
    test
  15. Johnny Skriptz

Word, I think I'll get the track. I'm confused as hell about this, but I think I'll figure it out. I'll just get one...
    test
  16. Premize Prod

LMAO are you serious????!?!?!?!?!?

man you kids are to much. you aint makin shit off anybeats. and my shits START at 600. haha. lmao@your album. lemme know when it hits stores.
    test
  17. Johnny Skriptz

This Is It: I'm getting the Triton Rack because I'll just sample in the MPC whichever one I get. The reason for me getting the rack is because I don't want to spend that much money on the board, save money, save space, and just in case I don't use it that much. I might just use it for certain sounds you know. So, the Triton Rack it is...it'll be alongside the Motif ES Rack, Roland Fantom XR, Korg MS2000BR, Roland V-Synth XT, and etc...I'll just get myself a Keystation Pro 88 as my set of keys. Thanks for the help people, now it's time to get working on buying some new equipment.
    test
  18. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

just a heads up the triton rack fuckin sucks because it shuts off all the FX when in Multi Mode all u get are dry patches .making the sounds fuckin suck just a heads up
    test
  19. Johnny Skriptz

Are you serious? WTF?!? Man, now I really don't know what to do. I don't even want it now, I can careless. I don't need a piece of equipment that's going to give me problems. But how you know this?
    test
  20. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

dont worry about Diabolic lol. anyway its true the dry sounds on the Triton sound like most dry software sounds and u just beef em up like u do software sounds or u use them with the fx already on its not as big of an issue as hes making it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.