Trina got a Buzz like that!!!!?

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by MistaChipz, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

man, she's number 1 on the hiphop charts, and 6 on the over all charts....Im not mad at her or nothing, just suprised, lol......I didnt know she was relevant like that, I mean I knew she had a lil fan base, but damn, bitches must really be feelin that "single again" joint...personally trina just comes off as such a ghetto hoe to me, its hard to embrace anything she puts out, oh yea, and she's wack......

I know this thread will get like no replys, just wanted to make that observation.....
    test
  2. nappyjim

nappyjim Active Member

nah man, i was surprised to at how well she debuted. I aint even hear the single, lol. She'll drop fast, but still real surprising.
    test
  3. GodLooksUpToMe

GodLooksUpToMe You do too

if some1 would have told me that shit i would have been like they're lieing..

good 4 her....
    test
  4. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

its alot of sad whores that support her she's wack as fuck tho
    test
  5. MistaChipz

MistaChipz New Member

man, that's alot of hoes, haha....

but Im thinking maybe she had some crossover appeal with that single, like maybe the hook and beat just works for people in the club, iono, they play all hiphop(underground) at the spots I go too......

good for her though, I aint hating, good to see a sista selling, I just wish it was Lauryn who was blessing us right now.....
    test
  6. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

in Detroit I don't here that single she don't even come here neither do trick daddy nomore lol....or jada and styles....trick trick beat up all of em cept jada he said jada was on the dancefloor dancing with a bitch while styles was gettin smashed.....

They play that lollipop shit like a muthafukkin shit tho I don't think that's cool cause they a bring up slum village or jay dilla on the radio but don't play it or a play the shit if it had commercial success and its every blue moon but they a dicksuck some bullshit

If I ever do get on these radio station can suck my dick
    test
  7. Chain_Smoke

Chain_Smoke Blueprint III

i think the hottest bitch in the game is Nicki Minaj.. the bitch is serious.
    test
  8. Trey M

Trey M \.=.

her pussy got more miles on it than a '91 caprice classic
    test
  9. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

test
  10. -Paper Chase-

-Paper Chase- alwaysgotberrybluetoblow

Dudes probably just cop her CD to look at the booklet pictures. I'd eat the fart out of her ass
    test
  11. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Well I'm in Florida....so of course she has major buzz here. Females love her new song "Look back at me" which has a cool bounce to me, but I hate the deep voice effect on that shit. She's basically the Florida equivalent to Lil Kim, and I'd say Jackie O is like Foxy. All these lil country females are on her shit tooouuugh!
    test
  12. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

a lot of her shit actually be ridin
    That new shit she got with Plies "I Got A Problem" is that deal

don't act like she aint had songs
    test
  13. -Paper Chase-

Yeah Trina's a beast right Mask Lmao fuck out of here that bitch can't rap
    test
  14. -Paper Chase-

I honestly think 'ridin' is a code word for ignorant southerners to use for wack ass garbage MCs who can not rap yet they want to embrace simply because their from the south
    test
  15. illustrate

illustrate watch my shoes

all these lil hoes round here bumpin that wack ass fuck shit

but she rep the city and she makin money so thats wassup i aint hatin
    test
  16. MLK_Jr.

MLK_Jr. New Member

riding mean they like the beat
    test
  17. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

yeah. that shit be ridin', my nigga!

and, i bet she doesn't even break 200k in sales with this album. i haven't heard the album and probably won't. not a big fan of her music. the beat on "i'm single again" is dope, though.
    test
  18. Teen Prodigy

Teen Prodigy Short2003's e-child

How many times do you have to say it?

Everytime someone uses that word you make a post like this; we understand yo... leave them alone.

What they probably mean is that although the music isn't lyrical or content heavy, conceptually the song works, in terms of putting a "good" beat together with a catchy hook. Sure, most of the people who make popular music in the south are barely passable as MC's, but different people have different sensibilities when it comes to music. Is Trina wack as an MC? For sure, but that doesn't mean that her music can't be enjoyable to certain people within certain contexts.

I'm not even defending the music; I agree that most of it is wack shit, but let the people express their opinions in any way they like. I know, the eradication of wack rappers is important to you, because you consider yourself a true fan of the art/culture, but it does nothing for anyone to call people ignorant based on their geographical affiliations. It's clear that different regions of the united states where hip-hop is popular have different value systems when approaching hip-hop music. Let it be.
    test
  19. -Paper Chase-

You know what TP, you're right, I was being a dick
    test
  20. Mask2MyFace2

Mask2MyFace2 Controversial

do you come after every post I make? what is wrong with you?

She has some songs I.e. 69 ways, B R Right, Told Yall, Nann Nigga, U & Me, Da Club, 5050 Love ft Trey Songz, What Ya Know About, So Fresh, Don't Trip, Off The Chain Wit It, Take Me ft. Total, Single Again REMIX, Look Back At Me ft. Killer Mike which is bout to be a strip club classic and that new shit wit Plies I Got A Problem

ridin means it's a good song...like trill...like throwed...like "slappin"...like beating, like "ill" etc. etc.

she makes good songs, point blank, if she didn't she wouldn't have four albums and be around in the game (somewhat relevant) for almost a decade...and she writes her own unlike other "female legends" like Lil Kim & Foxy Brown

you don't like the shit, nobody cares, don't listen to it or kill yourself about it (that might be the best thing)

Do I think she can rap? Yes. For a female she's way above average(the well below average khia, rasheeda, jackieo, Lil Mama, La Chat, Kid Sister, Princess from Crime Mob etc. but you don't see me in those hating ass threads). Does that mean I sit in the room all day and blast her albums nonstop? no.

Is she the best? we'll leave that one for Lauryn Hill, Mia X, Gangsta Boo, MC Lyte and Lady of Rage.

Is she one of the best females out there today? Yeah along with Remy Ma, maybe Shawnna. Eve but she doesn't even really rap anymore

take it how you want to
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.