Trifile...and anyone else... Car audio related

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Full-Clipz, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Full-Clipz

Full-Clipz Dominican nikka

after i buy the wheels for the legend i'll have enough to get a system. I basically know what i want just need some advice on which way to go.

Ok i can afford 2 subs, but im wondering do i reallly need 2?

The subs i want to get are Adire Audio Brahma 12" Subwoofer

This comes from the site...

In short, the Brahma subwoofer is a high end sub used in extreme SPL and sound quality installations. The Brahma has 29mm of linear one way stroke, one of the highest verified for any sub at any price. Dual 3" 2 ohm voice coils, cast baskets, 1600 watts rms. Finally, a sub that is loud, clean, affordable and made in the U.S.A.

i dont know nothing about the 1600 watts rms for each sub or anything so if i were to get 2 of these subs could i use 2 JBL 1200.1 amps.???? I think the jbl puts out 1200 true amps.

so either im going to go with

1 adire brahma 12'' sub and 1 amp or 2 subs and 2 amps.

im just wondering if 2 will be TOO much because i heard these subs are loud but i havent seen them personally.

also...what else would i need with all this????
    any of you have a headunit to suggest??

any info would be greatly appreciated.
    test
  2. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

high spl speakers basically move aloud of air.. like in competition... but that doesnt mean that the sound its playing is clean/clear. most top dbdrag and sploutlaws comp. vehicles slam loud as fook, but that doesnt mean it sounds good.

1 sub verse 2..
    depends on how much base your looking for.. more speakers = more force. basically just makes it louder.. dunno its just gotta be on your persoanl preference..

1600rms... wow thats alot... dont really need that much but if its whatcha want go for it.

try not to buy alot of amps, unless u absolutely need it.. more power for a stereo means more strain on your cars electrical system.. (ex: headlights diming when base hits) which just bring u into more $$

dunno what else to say.. kinda lost what i wantd to say
    test
  3. Full-Clipz

lol thanks...well thats what im saying

each sub is rated @ 1600 watts rms....so is 2 TOO much? its not an S.U.V . its a car...so i dont know

but these subs cost around $400 each there supposed to be good at for loud bass but that nice tight bass sound...not real sloppy and dragged out if u know what i mean
    test
  4. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

400 a sub its really cheap..

i dunno much about whats good anymore or id tell ya but things i look for in a sub.. rubber surrounds - last longer than foam ones. and well thats really it.. lol besides power handlin, and freq. responce.

remember subs only play what signal your sending them... if u got a shity preamps, and shitty amp, but kick ass subs.. it doesnt always sound as it should. the amp can only reproduce what the signal coming in is... if its bad, your speakers play bad stuff..

i feel like im rambeling... need another drink.. :)
    test
  5. Sawred

Sawred New Member

I'm very familiar with brahma's and or shiva's woofers, my boy ran 2 12" shivas(adire as well) now has 1 12" brahma on a bx1500 brutus amp...shit gets very loud while staying clean(he has his woofer ported)

Now for daily driving, 2 12" brahmas ported will be insanly loud and you could run it off a orion2500D amp...or yes 2 jbl 1200.1 amps would work(you probably would have to upgrade your electr system(possibly start with the big 3) or a 300 amp alt with yellow top battery...

now if you want a better sub woofer, go with RESPL.COM 1 12"xxx woofer and run a hifonics bx1500 amp(those run about 330$) use that amp over jbl for the subsonic filter...make your woofer sound better, I suggest when going with either subs, port them...

I used to run 2 12" xxx woofers and that shit was loud as fuck and XXX has the best BL CURVE on the market, so there is tons of SQ in that shit as well.

I currently run 3 10 w7 woofers now, but its just because i got hooked up, if you got money run a 13.5w7 woofer off a tantrum 1200.1 Pheonix gold amp, you wouldnt regret it hehehehe :)

if you have any questions about any woofer

hit me up on aim(mescalutc) me and my friend order subs just to fuck around with them

idmax/adire/re/magnum/DD/Elemental :)

tons of fuckin great subs out there for spl/sq
    test
  6. trifle

trifle New Member

the xxx has a flatter curve than the brahma? good deal....
    i second that motion, a few websites were sellin the 1200.1s cheap as hell (i'm talkin right around 300 bucks) when they bought up the last remaining ones before the line was discontinued, can't find them as much anymore at those good prices

what do you think of the magnum d2? by number it seems to be a punchy woofer that'd hold up pretty well in the 65-80hz range, or even a bit further if you wanted... but of course numbers are NEVER a replacement for experience... i'd actually like to head to their facility next time i'm down that way in NC...
    test
  7. trifle

trifle New Member

if you get a brahma, you do not need 2... you're not competing are you? once you start getting that loud, a theoretical 3db loudness difference isn't going to mean that much (and you won't get a full 3dbs either i seriously doubt in a real-world application)...

honestly, elemental is having a killer pre-order deal if you'd want to wait till around july to have it shipped, they have fawkin crazy prices for the new equipment... check this...

for 760 bucks, you can get their new component set, their 400-watt 2 channel amp to power them, 2 of the new k series, and the 1200 watt mono amp for that... that's a crazy fucking deal honestly... I know I haven't heard the new equipment yet, but I seriously doubt that it'd disappoint me, eD is making leaps and bounds nowadays in the right direction...

also, with the rms for the brahma, i'm not sure now that it's on the mark III i think but I know that in the previous versions, 1600 watts is NOT recommended in much other than in smaller sealed enclosures... you do not need to, and should not, give it that much power in a ported enclosure, and you can decrease power the larger the enclosure used...

how much money are you lookin to put towards this?? like sone said there are a lot of good choices now, too bad it's hard to demo every sub
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

whooo man you are drinkin, 400 a sub isn't cheap, not to say i won't spend it but yeah :)
    test
  9. NYSF

NYSF Got Candy?

yay i lookd at sum subs online after i post'd that.. seems theyre alot dif. then i remember them power/size wise... im not really into to em anymore... still like, but they slow me down. ;-)
    test
  10. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Stick with JL Audio...
    test
  11. Sawred

Sawred New Member

^honestly, you might like jl but i dont know if you have seen the woofers out there man...

in my honest opinion

go with re audio>magnum>adire>idmax>JL

I rate the subs of quality vs price in the equation...for the amount you spend you get the best value out of RE woofers..

spending 369$ for a xxx sub woofer over 700$(retail for a w7) even thoug the w7 performs a little better in sq) its still better to have a awesome woofer at half the price.

good luck my friend...check out all your options..
    and to trifle,

my experience with the magnum, i didnt really like the sq 2 much out of it, ...workin with the sub, we didnt push it to the limit in my honest opinion...it had more spl over sq, and IM a sq guy totally...kinda why im happy and stuck on my jls currently.

but the magnum can wang/ specially for the price you pay per sub, and yes I would recommend them, but still i strongly believe xxx>magnum and if you havnt heard a xxx, i deff suggest you pick one up, they are amazing, i recommend them over the adire audio brahma. :)
    test
  12. trifle

trifle New Member

aww man i thought that it was supposed to be a mainly sq woofer... crap.. heh... pounds wang tho eh??

i <3 teh w7 ... I wouldn't mind trying out the IDMAX tho.. i mean for 275 bucks how in the hell can you go wrong
    test
  13. Kwonrae

Kwonrae New Member

Full-CLipz, obiously you are somewhat new to the Car audio scene, so you don't really need to spend $800 on subs, and $600 on some amps.

to be honest, i would buy 2 Punch HX2 10's

and one JBL 1200, or Brutus 1500, the reason is, get dual 4 ohm subs, wired paralell since the amp is 1 ohm stable, this will give the least amount of resistance possible and the amp can handle it, smaller subs=better SQ for the most part, oh yea get one of these boxes www.powered4sound.com
    test
  14. Full-Clipz

^ I was lookin at that site, i can get 2 10'' brahmas with box for $750 or 2 12'' brahmas with box for $800. the money isnt really a concern....but which would ultimatly sound better?
    test
  15. Kwonrae

Kwonrae New Member

well if you listen to alotta rap, i would get the 2 12's

and go to www.ikesound.com to find those brutus 1500d amps, very cheap there

and that site is reliable,
    test
  16. Sawred

Sawred New Member

full clipse, you don't need to 12"s...1 12" ported, spend the rest of the money on getting that shit in a custom box or build your own, ported box...

adding a extra 12" woofer only adds you 3 db to volume....porting the box adds about 2-3 db...it would be in your best interest to port that woofer and make it sound clean as fuck off a nice amp..

than get a prefab box that is not built to spec and have it sold like shit...and trust me, its all about the install and box, they make a bigggg difference, and also...get 1 12 or 15" and I promise you will come back here blown away and be like woah, that shit hurts my ears...

btw

respl.com

sx10 -239
    sx12 -249
    sx15 -269

xxx10 -359
    xxx12 -369
    xxx15 -399

i recommend over the Brahma a SX 15" if you can fit it in car running on a bx1500 or a 12xxx of a bx1500d(hifonics)... and ofcourse ported...

you will be in love with the SPL(sound pressure level) and the SQ(sound quality)
    test
  17. Full-Clipz

good looks ^ im looking into those subs now
    test
  18. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

^^stop frontin, you aint copin shit but a free instrumental....
    test
  19. Kwonrae

Kwonrae New Member

2 be honest, if money was no issue, i would get a 18xxx and 2 brutus's

put it in about an 9 cube net box, 100 Sq. inches of port area, tuned at 30 hz, but i love the lowzz.

goodluck on whatever u get.
    test
  20. Full-Clipz

lol @ you in every thread seeing im 17 and thinking i have no money....Bottom line is you dont know me...stay out my threads.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.