tried and true methods of yours to quit drugs ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

get a new hobby such as scuba diving or flying long distances in dirigibles
    test
  2. Pyro_Tecknik

Pyro_Tecknik Rager

Quitting cold turkey using my indomitable will.

smokes, weed and alcohol being the big three. everyday habit in my late teens, very early 20's. stopped doing them at the same time. real drugs were a recreational thing, so it was less of an issue.

Just not doing them, because I didn't want to anymore was my only tried and true method.

baby steps don't make sense to me. I didn't stop hanging out with people who still did them(everyone i know now is still heavy on that loud). You either want to quit or you don't. Do something or don't. That is all.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  3. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

Just because you did it often doesn't mean you were addicted, or affected as intensely.

All you're doing is making the guy feel bad, because "look at how amazing you are, how come I can't, oh fuck it I'm going to drink."
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Pyro_Tecknik

Pyro_Tecknik Rager

I thought of that too and wondered if I may be insensitive and unfairly comparing any of you to me. I quickly got over it though. He needs to know that it can be done. I am what you niggas should aspire to anyway, however unattainable that may be.

If he can't handle it and breaks, then all that means is that is as far as he could go.
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol, missed this.

:numaan:
    test
  6. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

It's titled: Tried and true methods of yours to quit drugs.

I think it's safe to assume that he thinks it's possible. Be real, he's reaching out.

http://i.imgur.com/0otnPUU.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  7. KOzS

KOzS .Juster

I'm saying, Nu. Cocaine is an escape. It's easy and it's fun, but these guys aren't doing it for the reason you're doing it. You need to be true about the reason you've taken up this obviously self-destructive habit, and attack that at it's core. There's no other way that to face the thing from which your are trying to escape (even if it is simply mundane life). Otherwise, you're trading one escape for another.

That's the best insight I can offer. Nothing wrong with wanting to escape, until it impacts the person you want to be. Don't make good an enemy of best.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

thanks brother kozs, i think you nailed it with this response.

i did alot of thinking about it, and i figured the core reason why i took up this habit is lack of confidence.

i've always been a shy cunt, looking down, hardly ever making eye contact, for no reason other than no confidence.

this shit gives me a false sense of supremacy, but it only lasts until my next line, i might go to see a psychiatrist.

other reason is it helps me talk shit out which i usually wouldn't, and before i go i want to talk to alot of people.

i've deleted all my dealer numbers off my phone, and i have signed myself to taekwondo classes to stay distracted.

thanks again mon ami, you and dex helped out alot mate, others just saw this thread to project how good they are.

also, i've quit before, used to be heavy into it, but i relapsed from nye night, moderation will be a start.

:numaan:
    test
  9. Pyro_Tecknik

Pyro_Tecknik Rager

That's adorbs, but that owl will die. So will that mouse "friend" once the owl gets hungry. But I get it. I've seen variations of that comic/argument before. I don't care for it. Part of me empathizes and understands while extending a helping hand, the other part feels they need to overcome these self-imposed obstacles on their own...or die. It's something I have to see and deal with far too often...and far too often I extend the hand and while I feel fleeting joy in having helped someone in need, part of me hates that I have. That's an internal struggle I get to deal with.

And no, it's clearly obvious that he knows it's not possible for him...given that it's not the first time he's made this thread. He was knowingly reaching out. If anyone has to ask the internet for help, then it's safe to assume they're desperate.

but I can't help him. not in any way to actually help him deal with his real problems. none of you can.

Good advice.

but I wonder how far that will get him. hopefully, encouraging words will be enough, but I doubt it. Only he can help himself...he just has to learn how to. Relying on other's kind, understanding words will only get him so far...none of you will always be there for him to lean on.

Don't take it like that. I'm not bragging about how "good/awesome" I am( that should go without saying by now). You asked how we quit. I simply answered how *I* quit. nothing more.

I could have given you the half-hearted advice you were looking for, but I'd be a fucking hypocrite for doing so.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test