Track.

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by .Lola Cruez. II, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Lola Cruez. II

.Lola Cruez. II Speaking from my soul.

Yeah well, I ran track during my elementry and middle school years, I was pretty fast. My coach told me I would go far, and get a scholarship, until my grades slip. So during my freshmen Year I worked hard every single day, my legs ache everyday when I go up stairs to my classes, and then I stopped cause my mom said I was pushing myself hard, which you 'have' to do so you can be fast in track especially during high school years. I stopped for one year, and then my 10th grade year came up and it was hard to keep up my grades adn I couldn't try out for track, but now I'm getting good grades and thinking about joining track next year (11th). For 4 days I've been jogging and running all around the park. Today I went out to the streets, it was hard and aching. What I do is, I count to a 100 when I jog and then I walk, count to a 100 and then go back to jogging, vice versa..Is that Good or should I keep jogging?

I was thinking of Jogging/Running for 5 days and then for 5 days Swim in the pool. Is that a good idea?

What I'm asking is, Should I run everyday and push my legs to the full limit? Or Should I make up a schedule and take my time?...I need some point of views from ya'll and especially a person that has or does track. Thank you, for your time.
    test
  2. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

Running 3 times a week (without weight lifting) is enough exercise.

Run for about 20 minutes each day if you don't lift.

3 times a week.

You can switch weekly with swimming too if you want.

Any kind of biking, swimming, running, rollerblading is good as long as you get yo heart pumpin.
    test
  3. .Lola Cruez. II

Ok I'll try that, thanks for the advice.

I don't do weight lifting, but I do Push ups,50 in the morning before school, and 50 in the evening after school, same with sit ups, that's good?
    test
  4. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

You should ease into it if you starting back up again else you'll get shin splint and shit. Maybe 3 days a week of variation, slow and fast.

But that jog/walk/jog technique is a good one. In a week or two you might want to count of 90 or something doiung the same technique.

Just be consistant. Don't go more than 48 hours without running/walking if you really wan to improvement but give yourself a break too, maybe on Sundays.
    test
  5. .Lola Cruez. II

I jog/walk for a hour and then take a 10 minute break and then go back jogging/walking for 60 minutes, and then head home, which takes a additional 10 or 30 minutes of jogging/walking. I really want to get into track, my coach said "If your starting back up, DON'T take a break for a day, run everyday, don't miss a day"..That what he said.

I'll take in your advice about that counting to 90 in a week or 2, I'm just so determinde to get into track next year. Argh!
    test
  6. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

You're coach is fucking idiot, if he has a problem tell him to register a new username and come talk to me so I can verbally smash him "mano y mano".

Just take it easy, the worst thing you can do it rush it.
    test
  7. .Lola Cruez. II

Nah I ain't going to do that, he might not recruit me. :smile:

I thought out a schedule

3 weeks of running/jogging, 2 hours (saturdays&sundays, break day)
    3 weeks of swimming, 2 hours (saturdays &sundays, break day)

Vice Versa. Cool?...In addition to 100 push ups and sit ups a day.
    test
  8. Snow Turd

Snow Turd New Member

[funny] @ this idiot tryin to give advice.

You're weak as shit. Postin pics with yo back showin cuz you a faggot wanting to attract dudes.

Anyway dog.

You can run all you want, run 7 days a week if you want.

Running is one thing you can't over-due unless you injure yourself.

It ain't like weightlifting, you don't need to take breaks.

Try to go a lil' bit faster every day too, or longer.
    test
  9. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

running every day is fine.. just make sure u have comfortable shoes, stretch, and keep yourself hydrated. i prefer gatorade because it has sodium and potassium, something that gets lost due to sweat
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.