Track Mastering

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by theogdogg, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

Because I give a free demo of what I can do with the actual artists music so they can hear exactly what I can do FOR THEM. Not just a clip of my best work... If they didn't hear the before, how can they judge your mastering work? That's why I do free mastering demo's... People appreciate it alot and I've had tons of positive feedback about the way I do buisness... Also avoids horror stories like what I've heard from some of your customers about paying $50 to get a song mixed and mastered by you and having it come back butchered...
    test
  2. Luminous

Luminous Burbaby

ghets got this guy on the run...when dude came out saying "none of those songs are mastered" - what a fake ass excuse.
    test
  3. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

We'll find out tomorrow who the better engineer is... There's no need to keep this up. www.ogdogg.com <--- that's the page to get your songs mastered by the rapmusic.com mastering battle winner... I can smell it already, this getty cat scared stiff like a virgin on promnight... Tomorrow we find out if he can back up all the talk with some quality work...
    test
  4. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

First the man tells me he never talked to my customers and has never heard of me...

Then he tells me he's talked to my customers...

All of my customers have paid for the $25 song/$200 album package. I've never sold a $50 song/$4000 album package yet (primarily because many kids on here can't get access to the full components). So please, tell me which customer you are talking about because I'd love to know who else is lying... or is it just you this time around?

How many times must you be exposed for your shady ass deals? Why don't you ask my customers how I gave them a snippet of their work so they can gauge what happened to their mix?

Or would that actually require using the truth?

GIVE ME THE SONG, DEF! I'll houseslam this Punky Brewster back to the textcee forum.
    test
  5. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

seriously fellas, 37 posts.. the dood is new here... i smell an alias trying to instigate shit so he can get free mastering. ;)
    test
  6. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Ghet, you helped me with some issues before, but to be honest, I checked that clip you told me to, of your mastering, and well, it just don't sound like nothin mastered.

Maybe that's the way your ears percieve things to sound best, and that's cool, just not my sound at all.
    test
  7. AllOrNothinEnt

I've checked out OG Dogg's, and to be honest, the vocals of the songs sit in the mix well, but lack clarity.
    It sounds ... hazy, almost muffled in the mix clarity wise.
    When I think of mastered, I think of the beat, and vocals being on the same level of clarity, something that shines, sounds good on any system, and OG doesnt show me this.
    test
  8. AllOrNothinEnt

I work with a cat named D. Chesron, and he produces as best he can, with what he can, and to me, his shit sounds better than what OG has shown on his site.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/dchesronandrapitemusic.htm

Click on the song Youngline Recordz Anthem
    Listen to the first cat, that's Chesron, he does all his shit with a Behringer mixer, B1 Behringer mic, and an Audiophile 2496 soundcard.
    The kids 15-16, and I think he does a better job than what Ive heard from either of you two so far, however, if you show something later that sounds better, Ill retract my statement.
    test
  9. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

And now for the millionth time... A mastering engineer can turn bad to good, good to great, but cannot turn bad to great. The most important part of mastering is the RECORDING PROCESS! People cannot add shit into a signal that was never captured in the first place. That's not what mastering is.
    test
  10. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

I mastered a few of the songs on my soundclick page for you to listen to if you wanted... The Mixtape Sampler still isn't mastered but I mastered the first 4 or 5 songs on the page just now for you...
    test
  11. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

AllOrNothinENT....His shit doesnt sound mastered, all the vocals are kinda flat, and I personally think he has hella too much reverb....I like the hook, sounds good on the hook, but its not quite as mastered as i thought it was going to be, it sounds good, but it need to come alive more....
    test
  12. Milo

Milo Guest

ok, let's see.

ghet, every link you dropped in here didn't sound mastered at all -- they sounded like rough copies used with shitty equiptment. sure, the instrumentals were crisp, but then again, when you're using software to produce = that's disgustingly easy.

og, i didn't listen to anything, so i'll wait until you drop something in the battle thing.

www.soundclick.com/buspassbillionaires - listen to "spike in the coffin," - i mixed it on my computer speakers, and it sounds 200x better than both of ghet's "masters."

so honestly, neither of you are in the position to talk shit. i'm not either, considering i don't have the ability to show any of my real work. so ima' stop with whatever criticism i'm giving. just leave it at this -- neither of you sound very professional right now, you're quabbling like little girls, and ultimately sound dumb considering especially ghet, your "masters," sounded shitty.
    test
  13. doctah

doctah I know how to do that...

I didn't read through this entire thread...but I think I see what's going on:

Someone is submitting a rough mp3 - and ya'll are going to "master" it.

1. Doesn't "mastering" include keeping a sonic fingerprint across multiple tracks? Something more than 1 song - hopefully from different sources...

2. MP3?

3. Why is our new mod letting this help forum turn into a big ass advertisement? Ghet might be here trying to sell his services...but he provides information to the group as well - a fair trade off IMHO. Ogdogg - you're invited to do the same.

BPInc....
    Lock this thread. Let them submit their mp3's to you. You post them on a soundclick page - don't tell us who did the tracks - label them red/blue. You make a new thread - and we vote for red or blue - 100+ post count to vote. Hopefully you can check IP's of the voters. Voting continues for 10 days.

I'm still hating on the advertisements - but at least do this right.
    test
  14. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

^^ Doc has a very good point about a very important part of mastering is keeping tracks sounding similar on an e.p or album (i.e not having to mess with volume control when listening to an album), which we'll never be able to see..... nevertheless, I still think we can get an idea of their work from this 'challenge'.
    test
  15. Milo

Milo Guest

i still think it's funny that BPIN is deciding to get his track mastered.
    test
  16. the exposer

the exposer The Music Luvas

hello yall my first post here....

jus wanna inform you that this guy is a complete liar... take the chance if you want but you will regret it...

if you think im jus some average joe... your wrong.. peep the music
    www.soundclick.com/themucka.....

jus warning yall

pz... he hustle the dumb on the internet.. oggy.. stop rippen off people even wit those cheap prices...
    test
  17. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lmfao@this bastard og dogg tryin to sell ya'll his bullshit services....

he hasnt been educated in the sound engineering field at all...he took a music composition class, THATS IT!!!

he has little to NO knowlegde of how to use any equipment, never has brought a technical fact to the table and belives he can master an ALREADY MIXED DOWN SONG...in other words he's an idiot...

when u master a song, u need 4 elements.....clean/dirty/instrumental/tv....

i heard ogg dogg's music and very often his instrumentation is low as fuck....mids and lows are fighting for space...and he has a tad bit too much body in his vocals...lets face it, he doesnt even have a years experience or ANY accredations, but he has the nerve to call himself an engineer....gimme a break oggy. we been thru this once already.
    test
  18. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

Urban and Mucka... You guys never cease to amaze me. You guys follow me around from forum to forum trying to hate on me because I destroyed all your credibility on soundclick.com... Grow up guys... And I've been involved in the music buisness for 8 years now... All I can say is don't let ignorant pricks like these stop you from listening to our mastering battle... I'm also glad that the songs will be annoynomous because dipshits like these are just out to ruin things... My work shines above the rest and you'll see what I mean just as soon as this mastering dual is over... I'd also like to add that niether Mucka or Urban has ever had ANY KIND of buisness with me... They are simply hating on me because of how I ruined their reputations on another board. So anyway, where's this song at, I ain't got a whole week to dedicate to this battle....
    test
  19. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

dang y'all badmouthing haha each other

on the real I have respect for both of yous

OG for mastering Drama and Ghet for mastering 99 Livez amazing album

y'all should just stop the bickering and combine forces muhohohohoho
    test
  20. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

lmfao...
    oggy tell me how u damaged my rep...
    i'm stikll a force to be reckoned wit on BOTH OF THESE SITES...PLZ, for god's sake stop lying...u sorry excuse for an artist
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.