Track Mastering

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by theogdogg, Oct 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

You know I'm in. Always down for a challenge. Hopefully the people will get a feel for different mastering style's and know who they want to master their next album (me).
    test
  2. Unsigned Hype

Unsigned Hype G-FORCE

^^ I will definitly be interested in hearing the results :D
    test
  3. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

ayo OG my AIM name is now McPraverb hit me up
    test
  4. Praverb

Praverb I breathe hip hop...

imo I think several people should submit mixes to both mastering engineers

one will not prove nothing

maybe someone should submit one with like a crappy mic you dig...........a dynamic

pz
    test
  5. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

test
  6. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

test
  7. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

So you're in on the battle right? Goin down tonight?
    test
  8. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

we g2 wait for ghet to check in, ill hit him up on AIM when he does then respond here
    test
  9. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Look at this back-tracking assclown trying to get free advertising by creating beef with me.. LMAO.

NUGGAH, YOU'LL GET SHUTDOWN LIKE THE LYING SCUM YOU ARE

This battle's over before this chump even started it. Send me the fuckin' file.
    test
  10. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Remember, Syntax, every single person on this board is cheap and refuses to go to a studio, thus, the quality will be naturally inferior.

So, for a before an after that isn't finished and still isn't being worked on, please review:

http://www.ghetalion.com/download/gotb.mp3
    test
  11. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

Lets not start making excuses already and let the people decide who the superior sound engineer is. I'm still waitin on that file so I can work my magic...
    test
  12. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

A DE-ESSER

LEARN HOW TO USE IT!

If you knew shit about mastering, you would know that the most important part of any project is the recording phase.

If you knew shit about mastering, you would know that "mastering" JUST THE VOCALS before even knowing what the BEAT sounds like IS NOT MASTERING!

But then again, you DON'T know shit about mastering, so at least, you have an excuse for when I stomp your fake ass into particles that will never recombine to form you..
    test
  13. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

You sound pretty angry about all this... If you are in fact better than me, the people will say so once this battle is over. Your defensive rantings only make you look less professional and not so sure of your skill as an engineer. I suggest you stop taking cheap shots at me and concentrate on how you're gonna match my skillz on this battle. Especially if you want to prove that your services are worth paying extra for... Good luck.
    test
  14. rez0nate

rez0nate New Member

So Much Hostility....LoL
    test
  15. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Please, shut the fuck up. I dealt with assclonws like you in the beginning complaining I wasn't professional enough until I dumped out two albums and they all suddenly disappeared...

Now I gotta deal with you, another assclown, who has to lie to me about talking to my customers saying he can do better job them me. My hostility is for your shadowly lying ass.

I already know I have this won from the gecko. And we can take to every site on the internet so there's no Ghet bias. Let's take it to FutureProducers, 411hype, MrBlunt... everywhere, and 10 out of 10 times you will be crushed over. Why?

... Because you don't know shit about mastering. Once again, Ultramaximizer presets and rocket-boosting the high end is not mastering!

Dep! Hurry the fuck up! I got more important things to do then deal with this kid's fake ass.

He's probably gonna run it to a mastering facility and pay like $100 for them to do it anyway LOL
    test
  16. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

haha - ill send you both the shit tomorrow - my bad for takin an extra day had a fuck load of studying and waitin for nimrod to get back and hit me with the beat i bought
    test
  17. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

Saying shit like this is gonna make you look real fuckin stupid when someone who charges 1/2 what you do beats you in a mastering battle... Keep talking about your little software programs, we'll see what a trained professional with real equipment can do. Listen close, you might learn something.
    test
  18. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

Please, bucko. I listened close to these:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3U_Bandradio.m3u?ID=51403&q=hi&type=stream.m3u

Where do you want me to start?

The low vocal volume on "Get Back"?
    The conflicts between the vocal frequency and the lead instruments on almost every track on here?
    In inconsistant compression?
    The desperate need of a de-esser on the first track of Raw Talent Mixtape Sampler?

Where do you want me to start?

It's obvious some of these folks have access to a nice mic and preamp combination, so you should have no problem with getting it right.
    test
  19. theogdogg

theogdogg New Member

We'll see who does the better mastering job. And by the way, those songs on my soundclick page, not one of them has been mastered. Those are songs done for fun by me and my friend. You'll hear my finished work tomorrow when you're crying about the reason why nobody voted for you on doing a better job... That's all I have to say.
    test
  20. Ghet-Ghet

Ghet-Ghet Guest

How can you advertise you "master" when you have no availible material for folks to download?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.