Toyota MR2

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by CrystaLize, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

Yeah, I recently bought one of these.. for $2,000 - jus cuz the dood needed quick cash to buy an rx7 that was for sale, so he hooked me up easily, na mean?

Cheap I got it.. it shoulda've cost me about $5,100
    anyways.. It's 160HP RWD.. the engine is in the back of the car..
    it's possible to lift the front tires up.. probably cuz it so lite.. it's been lowered, when my gf gets her digital camera, I'll take some pics and post them.. I have an APEXi N1 Exaust on it.. I think that was around $600 or so.. I was suppose to get rims 4 free it but some bastard bought them off the kid b4 i could get them.. and yeah, i'd probably sell them than giving them away for free, thats just mo money 4 his mazda.. anyhow, has anyone ever drove an MR2 turbo? Or has seen any nice body kits for these cars? I've seen nice bomex body kits, etc.

I am looking to detail this car alot.. It was designed for racing of course.. but only street raced to my knowledge..

Can anyone give me any ideas for future mods?

and I was thinking about putting 1 kicker 12" square under the hood.. since mine is kinda empty and jus for like a spare tire.. I'm not trying to weigh the car down, it's already light enough.. Do not hate on my car :~(

Anyways, thanks for the read and if you have an ideas, post. thx, peace.
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

160hp?
    I thought they are like 140... but anyway, yeah i have driven the turbo version. Very quick and fun car. Numerous mods for the turbo version, but i see you must have the N/A Mr2.

Those are not quick but can handle like a champ since they are mid engine RWD cars. But i am sure even with the low hp numbers this car still is quick because of the lightweight.

There is a white kid around town with a turbo MR2 white, with kit and turbo upgrade. Quick car i must say, always a car i thought of buying for a project. Good luck on the ride.
    test
  3. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

Yeah? I was thinking about swapping it with a turbo engine..
    I have the mkii 1991 mr2.. it's in nice condition like the engine only has 70000m on it, the only way it got miles on it was cuz of the owner b4 me.. but b4 he had it it was just in a garage..
    i think the turbo makes it 225hp or so.. plus i'd put an apexi performance intake on it.. the catalytic converter was removed to increase the noise of it too.

what other mods could i add to improve the hp? I am currently waiting to be hired. and i'm trying to get advice on what to add on to it.. since it's a bad ass car.. and i can't let it goto waste =/

---
    also, here is a pic of my model/type.. cept i dont have dual exaust.. but same year as me, and same color.. closest pic i have, ill take a new pic of my car when i get the cam.
    ill have it up in a few... heres just a drift of what mine looks like
    ---

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Tigre

Umm i would understand more if he removed the cat if he has a turbo version. The turbo version is about 200hp though, but still quick enough to net mid 14's from it.

Other mods.... for a N/A, not positive, never really messed with it. I;m more familiar with the FI version of the car.
    test
  5. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

ah ~ well I will have to get the turbo then :eek:

i am gonna buy this too.. to improve the hp.. i dunno how much that will help tho.. maybe 20+ hopefully.

[​IMG]
    test
  6. Tigre

just so you know you wont get more than 5 hp from that, if that.

but i agree, you need the turbo:)
    test
  7. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

ah.... poop.
    I thought I'd gain more than that
    damn :/
    well whenever somethin fux up wit my regular engine.. i wont swap em till then.. save money.
    test
  8. Tigre

Shit if i had that car i would enter into auto-x events. I know it should do well. Im guess in the stock RWD class that you would be part of you biggest competition would be miata's and 240sx's. But i would worry more about the miata's.
    test
  9. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

yeah, I am looking into turning it into a race car just cuz im 18 now and I want to find a new hobby.. theres a few speedways for quarter mile.. or even farther.. just that one day thats what people were running..

i saw this hill billy looking peice of crap truck.. u know didnt think of anything of it.. but it smoked the camaros, subarus etc.
    they must've had a monster engine in there plus it has nitrous in it :/

ill never race a big hill billy truck again.... sneaky ho's
    test
  10. Tigre

Im serious about this, if you want to become a better driver and really learn how to run your car, look into auto-x. Shit now-a-days since drifting is coming all so popular in the states now, you will see drifting events. Not sure why since drifting is not racing but yet a technique to utilize while driving. Anyway drifting is fun, and takes practice, thus the reason road course racing is always a good way to improve ones driving abilities.
    test
  11. CrystaLize

CrystaLize New Member

yeah, I'll look into auto-x then.
    what is it
    heh :eek:
    test
  12. Tigre

HAve you seen like .... oh i know a good example... Grand turismo. A closed circuit road course. It is like that, but not as fancy. You have to know your cars strengths and weaknesses to do well. ITs a test of handling and cornering and the know how of when to accelerate out of turns and shit like that. That is a vague description of auto-x.
    test
  13. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

nice, i like these....
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.