Tournament Topics - Round 2 Brackets

Discussion in 'RSTL Grudge Matches and Tournaments' started by DiC GeTs GuLLy, Jan 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

TOURNAMENT TOPICS TO CHOOSE

Titles and Phrases

Immoral actions

Anxiety issues

Lost in the Rain

Hungry for More

Loving the Darkness

Chasing Destiny

Preditors of the Jungle

Borderlines of Hate

Quotes

Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard.
    Daphne du Maurier

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
    John F. Kennedy

There is no great genius without some touch of madness.
    Seneca

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
    Mae West

Sometimes the cure for restlessness is rest.
    Colleen Wainwright

Only passions, great passions, can elevate the soul to great things.
    Denis Diderot

We must not say every mistake is a foolish one.
    Cicero

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.
    Aaron Rose

PIcs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ALL 3 TO BE INCLUDED AS ONE PIC TOPIC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  2. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

RSTL Winter Master's Tournament Brackets

Da EaSt SiDe

SouthEast

1. Vern Acular
    9. Urizen

5. Pent uP
    13. Disused Hero (-1 vote for not voting)

NorthEast

6. Got Life?
    14. Millz

7. Brains
    2. TaLi RodrigueZ

Da WeSt SiDe

NorthWest

1. DIC Gets Gully
    8. A.S.K. (-1 vote for not voting)

5. Vigil
    4. TekneeK

SouthWest

3. SacriFICE
    11. Mets (-1 vote for not voting)

7. Ribo Nuke
    2. Jook

From now on if you don't vote in the tournament and win your match, you will be deducted a vote from your next match for every vote didn't give the previous week. If you show late and your partner allows the extension as long as it’s less than a day late, it can count, but you will be deducted 2 votes for showing late regardless.

These rules will be put in effect starting now and won’t be modified again. I’m not bending or breaking anymore rules for anybody.

Must READ: You must pick one of each topic to give your opponent some protection from choices and also so there isn't several verses written on the same topic that everyone has picked to be used.

So pick one of the Title and Phrases, one of the Quotes and one of the Pics for your opponent.

Thursday is the deadline for choosing topics or your opponent will get to pick their own topic. Topical choices must be posted in match threads by deadline.

All rules that are applied in the league will also be enforced for regulating the tournament. If you're not familiar with the rules of the RSTL, please read them.

The only difference will be that in this tournament, your opponent will get to pick your topics for you. Topics must be picked and posted within the match thread within 1 day. If it's not posted, the opponent of the person that didn't pick a topic in time will get to choose his/her own topic. You must choose one of each kind of topic for some variety.

So... topics will be up Wednesday 12am PST every week and topical choices are due Thursday 12am PST and verses are due Monday 12am PST, 3am EST, 8am Greenwich with votes due Wednesday 12 am PST, 3am EST, 8am Greenwich

Also, there will be no recycling allowed. Nothing you've ever posted anywhere online will be allowed. The mods will be checking verses for authenticity with online search engines.

test
  3. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

ok I know which topics Ima give dude
    but damn why did I have to get Vern ?
    test
  4. SacriFICE

SacriFICE TRUspeak

lmao@a bye week.

wtf?

first a no show win for the champ, a no show win in the first round, and a bye in the second round...

shit's been EASY for me lately...lmao

I'm writing a full piece anyway... fuck it... I need material for my album.
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

im out if nigguhs dont have to battle this round. that's idiotic shit, especially since there is enough for a 3 way.

boo @ wack ass bye weeks in short tournys

i will no show like a mothafucka if thats how dudes is getting down.
    test
  6. TaLi RodrigueZ

TaLi RodrigueZ Washed Up Rapper...

Yeah actually that is not good DIC...If it has to be 3 ways make it 3 ways...I'm not going to do more work to get to the same place as someone ranked lower than me lol...

I understand your reasoning on one hand, but definitely not on the other...

Just take a couple people from one bracket to the other...

It's not like they have to be set in stone necessarily....

Or you could always bend another rule and let those other people advance and avoid this all together lol...
    test
  7. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Either way, you'd have to have a bye week anyway. If we did a 3 way now, there would be a bye week waiting for the east to finish because they'd have an extra round of matches.

The only way to not have a bye week is to let ASK, DH and Mets slide by when they didn't vote or we pulled 3 fill ins for the tournament. So..... which 1 yall wanna do? There has to be some consequences for not voting if I'm gonna go against my own rules, but I've already done it once wtf....

I don't have any consequences in mind tho...

And jook if you no show, I'm throwin a fuckin rock through the window of the next Oakland police car I see....
    test
  8. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Matter of face, somebody go ask Anaphora, Cereal Killer, pestilence and Awedishin if they still want in
    test
  9. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

oh i voted on one but then i got lazy

rules are rules so its all cool

just seems a bit odd on the byes, like mentioned a 3 way may be more interesting
    test
  10. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

But the fact is dic that now uve gone against ur rules once it creates a problem

ppl who dont show on time get an extension to show

I showed on time, wrote a verse which i put time into unlike some, yet had a no show and then get kicked out for missing 3 votes. Wheres my incentive to vote??

im not moaning, im jst pointing stuff out so it can be sorted out next time
    test
  11. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

This isn't my fault...... I had to modify shit cuz ppl won't follow the fuckin rules. Its not like i didn't give everyone a chance to say something about the rules, but nobody can follow em.

So you can blame yall for fuckin up this tourney, not me. I did my part which is more than anyone elses.... like I always do

So.... what's the penalty then? Being late with a verses is 1 thing, not voting is a much more serious offense. Can't have a league at all without votes
    test
  12. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

fuck it, fixed
    test
  13. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

set up 3 ways...and let the top 2 from the 3 way advance...this way the bracket still means kind of works...

best idea I could think of....

cause bye weeks are gay as fuck and I would have to side with Jook on this one and not show...
    test
  14. TaLi RodrigueZ

TaLi RodrigueZ Washed Up Rapper...

Listen....It's easy...

Re-seed the damn thing lol

Or what GL says, but don't let people in now who weren't in first round, that's just as bad as the bye lol.

Just be open to change things around however they have to be.

Nobody is going to get screwed over particularly badly if you re-seed it anyways...
    test
  15. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Once the ninja has to come up with something to save the mothafuckin day. Here's what I'm gona do

A.S.K., disused hero and Mets will be deducted a vote from their match for not voting and will still be allowed to stay in tournament.

From now on if you don't vote in the tournament and win your match, you will be deducted a vote from your next match for every vote didn't give the previous week.
    test
  16. A.S.K

A.S.K ...

ok that sounds fair

i know it shitty having to change rules all time and i wasnt even arguing ya know, i wasnt fussed with not being in it no more, i was just pointing out ppl gona keep expecting rules to be bent

fuck y'all no shows tho
    test
  17. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

I'll show against you.
    At least it gives you something to write against. You'll still advance, I just want to keep writing and not let any signs of writers block creep in. :^)
    test
  18. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

im gonna shock the world...
    test
  19. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Shit is fixed....

show up or not.. I don't care anymore. it will only make you look shitty, not me.
    test
  20. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

word...good shit dic
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.