Totalled a car today.

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by GaLaTeA, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Rip nissan zx300 twin turbo.

It was no match for being hit and then dragged for a few meters by a bloody cement truck.

So how was your day on the road?
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

that sucks ass....

In canada thats one of the vehicles with "extremely" high insurance rates, way higher than the average for that type of vehicle.

the instances of those cars and accidents are really high
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Pretty much similar insurance category here too, although not many people drive this specific make and model anymore.
    test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Female drivers....am i right?

j/k

That does suck...poor thing
    test
  5. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Wasn't my fault though. But yes, it wouldn't happen if I were in kitchen.

I know, was sadfaaced over what's now soon going to be known as crushed metal for a minute...

Luckily I had no passengers with me, or they'd be dead.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah you are lucky as fuck.... i dont know about the cement mixr trucks in europe, but i imagnie they are the same as the ones here and you are very lucky, Im glad youre ok

when they are full of concrete they weigh too much to stop in any kind of emergency.

they hold usually an average of 7 cubic meters of concrete... 1 cubic meter weighs around 2500lbs.... x that 7, then add the weight of the truck... yeah id say you were lucky

I used to work with these trucks on the regular
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^[​IMG]

I was returning from a construction site, and even empty, those trucks are scary.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^ i used to have to crawl inside with a hyrdalic powere jackhammer and chip out all the layers of hardened concrete off the walls and the mixing fins... 1 truck took around 5-6hrs.

can you imagine being in such a small confined space with jackhammer pounding on metal and concrete alike? it was an extremely uncomfortable job.... youd be in respirator, ear muffs, safety glasses and holding a 90lb jackhammer up over your head trying to avoid being chopped in half by the falling chunks.... such a miserable and dangerous job. Im glad i dont do that anymore
    test
  9. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Geez, there's a reason why cement factories here aren't allowed to be located further than 2 hrs away from the site - to avoid precisely what you've mentioned. There was a rookie driver a few years ago who was supposed to get my cement onsite by noon, yet got there obnoxiously late and drunk. Suffice to say zee cement truck could literally be thrown away - it was completely solid on the inside.

Glad you don't work in those condtions anymore, too.

Sent via Pippi Longstockings using Mixmatched socks.
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

^^ well this is kind of the rule here too... but regardless i garuantee you someone does this job at your cement factories in ... Slovenia? not sure where you live, but yeah, crawling inside to clean is just the way it works. Its impossible to not get buildup on the inside. Yes perfect conditions could minimize it, but if you know concrete, there is never perfect conditions and something always goes wrong for cement guys...

its just what happens and is unavoidable. The only other option to sending a crew inside to clean them is a machine that does it, and it costs millions and uses extremely high pressure water to remove the hardened concrete
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

^Probably.

Unless I've got a balloon over my construction site, concrete's always tricky (especially when doing projects during winter). I've had the wrong kind delivered before, when the people responsible for ordering it made a mistake of using the wrong mark of it, etc.

Fun times.
    test
  12. bgreen

bgreen Active Member

damn.....rip to one of my top 5 "reasonable" cars..
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Well if you were making a sandwich while driving, i'll forgive you.

still i can imagine your new fear. when i was rear ending, while i was stopped by some guy doing 50, i was fearful of all cars behind me.
    test
  14. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

how the fuck do you get hit by a cement truck?
    test
  15. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

No sammich.

It'll be a while before I'll be behind the wheel though.

By a cement truck driver thinking it's a good idea to ignore all road signalization.
    test
  16. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

why will it be a while?
    test
  17. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Can't exactly drive around with a foot in zee cast + I'm due for elbow surgery soon. #cripplebattalion.
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

well, i hope i dont sound rude, but just because the boss didnt hear about something going wrong doesnt mean it didnt lol

concrete is a bitch. Mostly for the actual concrete workers. Everyone else has no idea and thinks its all easy peasy screech and beasly
    test
  19. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Nah, not rude at all. :)

Agreed. For some people who have never in their life worked in construction/civil engineering or even been close to it, it all looks easy. I remember an acquaintance saying something along the lines of "well you got to a tech store and know how to build a house". :/
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.