[TOPICS] Round One Topics/Submissions Thread

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

are you willing to be part of the "cool 3 bill"?
    test
  2. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Whatever happens, happens. This world makes me sick sometimes, and if I have to be a part of the 3 bill that would make the world a better place, sure, send me on my way.
    test
  3. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Rule revision holds a ruling for that sly [/GL?] dig TR .. :wink:

bit of a grey area .. but in general .. his final bit of text would not be considered as "lines" .. people have done similar things throughout quote code in verses .. that aren't in rhyme form and just there to help a story progress/transition/plotline/conclude .. thus not firgured into the line count .. kind of something a competitor would have to bemoan and have a mod make a ruling on .. and I know you're not going to ask .. but I wouldn't rule against Q in that one though ..
    test
  4. TheReturn

Lol, he's still a couple over then, although that last unrhyming bit should definitely count. Seeing as how it's the main point of the story and the tie in to the topic lol.
    test
  5. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

well rule revision for season 3 would see the competitor given the choice of -1 vote for every 2 lines over limit ..

but that kind of thing is where the mod would have to make a call on what constitutes valid lines or not .. hard to set a precedent on it though as it has been used to interesting results in different approaches .. and I wouldn't like to discourage experimenting with that ..

but I would consider nom de plume's style of intro as 3 lines of a verse ..
    test
  6. TheReturn

I'm not asking for deductions or anything because I'm not a faggot.

I'm just saying, if the lines WEREN'T there, would anyone know the significance, besides a fire in a building? No. Would anyone know what topic had been written to? No. How are they not counted in the line limit then?
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I understand where TR is coming from. Lucky he is battling TR lol, some kids would have made him edit.
    test
  8. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

yup .. you already said it was 'cool' and you weren't going to pull a Eugene .. and it wouldn't be a case of a mod automatically deducting votes .. it's down to the opponent .. as it is now .. but the rule will be clearer ..

except for the very good point you're raising .. which is a grey area .. cos I get what you're saying as the feedback so far has refered to 'that' block of text .. me with the $75 thing included .. but it wasn't actually 'part' of the verse in another sense .. lol ..

but the revision is to help really smooth things over here and get shit clear from the get go so there'll be less arguments from those that do like to call in rulings and shit all the time *cough*Eugene*cough* .. so this is actually a really good example of "so, in this scenario, how is my revision of rules going to help" ..

my call would be minus 1 vote for 'the' 2 lines over in this instance .. if you came out and pulled Qs card like that .. but I feel how you make it more .. and if you were a hissy queen you would be kicking up a stink at 'my' ruling on it ..

I mean .. you can see from that mess of a champ battle in the rbl that just being blahzay with rules and having to overlook certain rules whilst not being clear on others gets to people .. Rev has calmed down now but there's still ill feeling about the whole episode ..
    test
  9. TheReturn

Lol, nah I don't really follow the RBL.
    test
  10. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

nor do I .. hookups is flooded with the drama .. atleast the RSTL keeps its drama inhouse ..
    test
  11. TheReturn

Yeah, I don't really enter Corp threads anymore if I can avoid it. Just turns into Freepost Fest 2k8. Feels like a waste of time. The Euro thread is golden though, shame England didn't qualify.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

that's fucked up, TR.
    test
  13. TheReturn

How's it fucked up?
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

you completely shat on me, but its cool.
    test
  15. TheReturn

Honestly, how hard would it be to rhyme those last seven lines? You could leave out the verse and we'd get exactly the same info you wanted us to from the unrhymed part. Don't get me wrong the verse is one of the best-written that I've seen from you, nothing forced at all, great rhymes, and flow was on point. I just don't feel like I'm losing to it, it feels like the prose is what's beating me.
    test
  16. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

yeah, i always count that in my 64.
    heh, i actually thought i'd just gone over this week.
    but it was actually 63.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

wow, and i thought so much of you,
    swaying at its best.
    test
  18. Avirex

Avirex New Member

looks like metasin flaked out trynna take tony the tiger's job an shit
    test
  19. TheReturn

Take the win, dawg. I don't care. I'm not trying to sway shit, close the match.

I'm just saying, I see shit like "story is more real than creative" or "concept obviously isn't new" and I wonder if my verse was missed. I would love for someone to show me a verse that offers the idea that maybe life repeats itself over and over as the "flash before your eyes" and that we're doomed to live it again and again, which is evident in my last two lines. In fact, show me any piece of literature or philosophy or train of thought like that that is offered in any movie, book, short story, or online writing league verse.

It's a surreal thought, how is it more real than creative? Especially against a TRUE STORY in rhyming form.

Maybe I didn't get my point across in my verse, that's understandable, tell me there's a clarity issue. If so, I could paste that paragraph explanation on the end after dividing it into cute little bars that don't count as part of my verse.
    test
  20. Avirex

Avirex New Member

maybe it was clarity issue, cuz I didnt grasp your verse to the extent you're describing it...lol i dont think i seen u throw a fit before, its kinda funny..im think your quoting my comments, not sure, they look familure, but if I made the mistake of judging your verse in certain ways you feel were not Just, sorry, what can i say, though? i do drugs hourly and its only my opinion..but i read it a couple times bro not trynna just blow shit out my ass.... shit is two votes deep anyway, how u gonna tell him to close it..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.