Top Ten Films of 2007?

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Brahm@n, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The Jeus It's not a matter of what you believe it's about the facts what your doing is called conjecture since you have no facts. Paul Thomas Anderson read the book Oil and fell in love with it and based his whole movie there will be blood on that book. Yes he watered down the communism aspects making the communist aspect more subtle inorder not to derail so much from the story-line, like I already said. So your actually agreeing with me yet don't buy into it, that makes nosense.
    test
  2. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

I said, in essence, to understand the intent of the movie watch the movie. Explain how that is conjecture.

If there's something in the book that's not in the movie, how can you say that the material that was left out was still something the filmmaker wanted to say? That, friend, is conjecture unless you can show where PTA says that was his intent.
    test
  3. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Exactly. Juno was neither funny, dramatic, or very entertaining. I'm not sure what it was supposed to be. A comedy? A great story? It was neither.

By the previews I expected a B-Movie plot (lifetime movie with a bitch teenager for the main character), that'd be dorky and attempt to be funny. But people kept hyping it up, so I figured maybe it really was good... but it wasn't. It was just plain.

This movie did nothing for me. No emotion. No laughs. Nothing. It was like someone told the director "hey, lets make a movie about a teenage girl that gets preg, wants to give it up for adoption, but the adoption parents break up right before the adoption"....and the director said ok....and that's the movie. Nothing more interesting than that. There was no artistic touch to it. No creativity.

I didnt hate it, but I just wonder what the fuck people see in it. Nothing special, and very...very forgettable.
    test
  4. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You've already agreed the communist undertone is there this is a non-issue, it's no secret the characterization is focused on plutocracy and evangelical hucksterism.

Not all of it was left out have you read the book?
    If you had read the book then compared it to the movie you'd realize the characterization was slightly changed but the undertones of the communism perspective which are in the book were not. That's why you're propagating conjecture. The communist message was subtle, but it was not the core message. Which I've already said and you've already agreed. "Paul Thomas Anderson directed adaptation of Upton Sinclair’s novel Oil."
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.